Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Councillors

Angry Missing Councillors

Thurso's most important vote for years and 2 councillors do not bother to turn up!!! I call on the "honourable" Katrina MacNab and William Mowat to come up with 100% proof as to why they did not attend the ASDA meeting. If they cannot provide such they must resign immediately. Thurso has no place place for those who sit on the fence to avoid controversy.
    Get out now and make way for people who will represent Thurso in a fair and just manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch not Lock
    Thurso's most important vote for years and 2 councillors do not bother to turn up!!! I call on the "honourable" Katrina MacNab and William Mowat to come up with 100% proof as to why they did not attend the ASDA meeting. If they cannot provide such they must resign immediately. Thurso has no place place for those who sit on the fence to avoid controversy.
    Get out now and make way for people who will represent Thurso in a fair and just manner.
    Well, one of them was away in Mexico on Holiday, during term time toooooo!

And she is on the education committee!!!!

with the schools still open. tut tut. shame.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Cool

Give her a break, if she isnt here she cant defend herself can she. Shes done plenty for Pulteneytown so before ye go slaggin her off remember that & no Im not her brother or relation

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Well, one of them was away in Mexico on Holiday, during term time toooooo!
    yeah and i wouldn't be suprised if she added her holiday to her expense account!
    Alright for some, i won't be having a holiday this year, is it right that we are paying the wages of a councillor who, when needed is away galavantin in a sumbrairo!
    I reckon the councillors are reelin from the re-action their insane decision recieved from our community on the org. I just hope that they are paying attention. they forget sometimes that they are working for us.
    i can't wait till they come knocking on my door looking for votes!
    They better make the most of their free trips to Inverness because it looks like they have blown their chances of being voted back in..hopefully.

How do ye think that mate? Nobody stands against them, so of course theyre gona get back in again-UNfortunately in some cases.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    How do ye think that mate? Nobody stands against them, so of course theyre gona get back in again-UNfortunately in some cases.
    What do ya think stone Roses , should I go for it? Should I stand for election? if I get in I would pass a law to bannish the previous councillors to Stroma, of course the collection of their wheelie bins would be that much more difficult so a significant hike in their council tax would be reqiured and any new stores that applied to open a store in stroma would have to meet the strictest criteria.

Cool

Election 2006

Vote for councillors evicted to stroma
    Vote for a shope in stroma
    Vote for the wheelie bin king
    VOTE CLASH 67

Election 2006

Vote for councillors evicted to stroma
    Vote for a shope in stroma
    Vote for the wheelie bin king
    VOTE CLASH 67
    Excellent, when I get in its straight of to El Mexico! Teqiulas are on me!

Quote Originally Posted by clash67
    Excellent, when I get in its straight of to El Mexico! Teqiulas are on me!
    Whos yer campaign manager? make it Spain & Ill vote for ye

Whos yer campaign manager? make it Spain & Ill vote for ye
    I'll get some shelf stacker from Asda to head ma campain, by the time I sober up I will be in and calling the shots. most of my expense account will be spent in Soho London because of all the important meetings I will have to attend but if I am needed in Thurso I will be able to pop up in my jet but this would mean a hike in council tax people will obviously complain but this will take up some of my drinking time to hear their complaints which will enevitably lead to a hike in council tax, to collect all this tax will take up a lot of organising and man hours which will lead to a rise in council...well you see where i'm goin wi this.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Lord Acton, Historian, 1887

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Default Mowat ???????????????

Does anyone know where Mowat was on Monday????
    He must resign.

Default Was he in Mexico as well ????

Mowat in Mexico or Thurso ????????

He wasnt on my rig, the plot thickens...

Question

Surely they would've have known this vote was coming up and been able to let the commitee know which way they were going to vote(like a proxy vote)

"Thurso has no place place for those who sit on the fence to avoid controversy.
    Get out now and make way for people who will represent Thurso in a fair and just manner."

bit harsh considering that katrina mcnab is a councillor representing a wick ward.
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

I think its a little unfair to blame two councillors who were not at the meeting, but had put in proper apologies.

From personal experience Billy Mowat serves his constituentcy and the Highlands well. Surely they are permitted to miss a meeting or two - as for resigning over a meeting you should waken up and smell the bacon "Loch not Lock".

I honestly dont think it was a case of -- asda vote lets miss that meeting.

Keep the blame to the ones you feel voted the wrong way.
    Last edited by Andrew; 29-Jun-06 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I think its a little unfair to blame two councillors who were not at the meeting, but had put in proper apologies.

From personal experience Billy Mowat serves his constituentcy and the Highlands well. Surely they are permitted to miss a meeting or two - as for resigning over a meeting you should waken up and smell the bacon "Loch not Lock".

I honestly dont think it was a case of -- asda vote lets miss that meeting.

Keep the blame to the ones you feel voted the wrong way.
    Sorry Andrew but they should have not avoided such an important meeting!
    We don't pay these people to go AWOL when they are needed most, I know Bill and although I wouldn't like to see him lose his job he should be made to at least explain his absence from what would be a major decision for the county..its pathetic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast