Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Inception

Smile Inception

has anyone seen the new leonardo DiCaprio film Incepton? the plot:In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.my kind of stuff

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Yeah, I saw it tonight...it was an interesting premise...loosely reminds me of The Matrix. I liked the ending...and can happily recommend the film.
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

Thumbs up

ive just come back from the cinema. thought the film was great! a film that makes you think and some really amazing scenes/effects.

def go and see it on the big screen if you can.

Absolutely brilliant film with great effects. Loved the plot which kept you on the edge of your seat.
    Evelyn

I saw and thought it was good - though I am not normally into film that I have to think alot about but this was an exception

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I haven't seen it yet, but my sons have, and recommended it to me. They also thought it was a bit like The Matrix.
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Best film i have seen so far this year deffo recommend it in the cinema there are "dvd's" out but i would imagine there guff quality
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Easily the best film of the year, possibly of all time. Worth getting on Blu-ray considering the amazing effects and directing.
    Everyday above ground is a good day

Watched it last night. Great film, Leonardo is turning into a great actor. I wasn't keen on him a few years back, but he's choosing great scripts.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Based upon the novels of Jose Luis Borges, Inception is an idea which is centuries old. Ancient Chinese & Mayan civilizations used dream sharing as ways to determine their path to the afterlife.
    Christopher Nolan (possibly one of the top ten directors in Hollywood?) has taken this story & made it into a nail biting film that I for one can watch over & over again without getting bored. A dream, within a dream, within a dream. Just beautiful. Think Alice In Wonderland, very similar...
    The acting is fantastic. The kind of film where you could go overboard & be "cheesy" with it, but the actors obviously researched the script thoroughly to be able to get to grips with it so fluently. Also worth noting is that dream sharing can be achieved without technology...

Best film i saw in 2010, along with Shutter Island. Leonardo and Ellen Page are fantastic. Definately one for the Dvd collection.

I watched it in July last year and never though much of it but after a few weeks of thinking over the story it's actually mind blowing.

Only watch if you have no distractions and don't fall asleep hehehe.

Good film but there is a lot to take in. You should watch it twice.

Enjoy it the first time.

Understand it the second time.

Or perhaps I'm just a bit thick.

Inception
    Trailer

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessnative View Post
    I watched it in July last year and never though much of it but after a few weeks of thinking over the story it's actually mind blowing.

Only watch if you have no distractions and don't fall asleep hehehe.
    Tried to watch this last night but starting falling asleep. Will try again next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    Tried to watch this last night but starting falling asleep. Will try again next weekend.
    You fell asleep watching Inception? My God man! I watched 5 times over the course of 3 days because of it's brilliance!

Just watched the film Inception. Found it along the lines of the Matrix, but dreams instead of computers were involved. Not sure about this one.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.