Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Miller Academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Miller Academy

I was born in 1967 and must have started at Miller Academy age 4/5 so 1971/1972 and I left about 1975. I remember being in class with Ann Bews & Kenny Falconer, but can't remember anyone else really. All the listings I have seen for those years, the names don't seem familiar, although I guess I was quite young and just don't remember. I am just curious to see who I know now that was in class with me all those years ago, and if anyone can remember who our teachers were, I seem to remember a Mrs Bell?? Anyone cast any light??

Well I was born in 69 so would have been a year or two below you, I went from 75 to 81 I think. I remember Mrs Bell, she was my primary 2 teacher I think. Also remember Ms Miller, McIvor, Mrs Monroe, Mrs Anderson, Mrs Faulds, Mrs Robertson and a few others.

I was born in 81 and remember mrs faulds( she left 4 yers ago), Mrs miller (she retired ages ago but still see her about town) and Mr Mcivor...he left ages ago too but still see him around the town and used to pick his grandaughter up at the top gate 4 years ago.

Just hearing the term 'top gate' bring back lots of memories. I, on the other hand, was more to used to heading for home via the 'bottom gate'.

born in 1968 and i mind mr mackenzie the lollipop man at the top gate.
    who was the jannie, mr brass?????????
    Miss Shearer was my first teacher there. Mrs Smedley the music teacher, Mrs Buxton for gym.
    it's a sair fecht

hi born in 1969 and mrs bell was my p1 and p2 teacher p3 was mrs reid who was the most horrid teacher ever i remember getting the ruler from her for saying snotters when asked for a word beginning with sn.

maddona Guest

Default miller academy

hi im anne bews well now macintosh.I don't remember you exactly but like you said it was a long time ago but i do remember Mrs Bell.Im now living in ellon aberdeenshire, I have 2 kids one 12 and the other 9 and i am a youth worker.

oh dear thats brought back a few memories Lorr_mun14, i have some photo's somewhere but they are packed up at the moment.

i was born in 67 and went to millar, so were possibly in the same class, i will look the photo's out once i am moved and settled and post them here. I was speaking to kenny just a few weeks ago in Aberdeen.

My dad left Miller Academy in 1953! Anyone else from that time? anyone remember him, his name is Roderick White, but is known as Roddy...he is staying with me at the moment near Turriff, Aberdeenshire... His mother was MacIntosh.

Hi guys - also born in 1967 and remember Mr McIvor, Mrs Smedley, Mrs Neish (also music teacher), Mrs buxton, Miss Brown, Miss Anderson, Mrs Lyall, Mrs Reid, Mrs Stevens, - see also my post about 150th year reunion - any of you guys interested - let us know!

Default Miller Academy

Just wondering if there has been any more updates on those born in 1967 attending Miller, any pictures most welcome!!