Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KWK9 Rescue - New Dog Rescue

There's a website www.faithworks.info giving info on how to set up a registered charity, one wee snippet I thought night be useful:

When is the right time?
    If you are looking to formally establish a charity, you must have more than just vision and ideas. You need to be able to demonstrate to the Charity Commission that you are financially viable and ready to operate. Some evidence of income, or prospective income of at least a few thousand pounds a year is normally expected. Anything below this and you have to query the value of setting up a charity.

Not that it's my call, but I'd say hold off trying to get charity status until after the first year or two accounts have been reviewed.

Charity Commision have no say in Scotland, OSCR are the governing body and no income is required only charitable objectives, an acceptable constitution and management structure. Good luck
    Mad1man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12