Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: to the person who ran over our puppy.....

Angry to the person who ran over our puppy.....

this morning at 10.30am a motorist hit my 6 month old labrador pup and left him for dead.
    this happened on the lyth road at the sinclair bay end.
    admittedly i sorely regret him getting loose during the ten minutes he was out for his morning pee.
    (breaking my heart with guilt here)
    but the motorist who hit him, could and should have come and told me they had hit our poor baby ozzy.
    ozzy is still in the vets surgery having suffered:
    a leg broken in two places
    a broken rib
    badly bruised lungs with struggling breathing
    bad surface wounds on his right side.
    possible spinal injury and punctured lung. (awaiting x-ray results)
    while i accept it is my fault ozzy got out, you really could have saved him so much pain and suffering by telling me you'd hit him,and not allowing me and my three year old to find him half dead in the drive.
    have you no conscience?!
    i hope your racked with guilt just as i am.
    poor ozzy.
    Last edited by annemarie482; 10-Jul-10 at 16:44.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Default puppy

So Sorry to hear about your puppy Ozzy, here's hoping that he gets well soon and the driver has the bottle to come forward ..Best wishes ..

:O oh my god thats relly sad i hope poor ozzy gets better soon and keep us up to date on how he is.

dont know how any one could do that and just keep driving some sad people in this world.

get well soon ozzy
    "some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty.... i say u gunna drink that?"

Oh No poor Ozzy, I hope he pulls through and please let us know how he is doing. xx

That's absolutely disgusting and totally unnecessary.

Annemarie, best wishes to you and Ozzy, hope the poor wee fellow pulls through with no long term ill-effects.

I'm sure every pet owner who reads this will feel for you all and for Ozzy. Such a horrible thing to happen and such a horrible thing to just drive off.

Kind wishes....
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Sorry to hear about Ozzy at least he is in the care of the vet now.

I can't repeat what I think of people that do this knowingly.

Hope your bairn is ok.
    Last edited by Highland lad; 09-Jul-10 at 19:27. Reason: forgot something

Hope your puppy makes it thru x
    How your wee one is ok too, it is so difficult for childrent o see something they love like that. Don't blame yourself. These things happen to the best owners. I wish those that hit animals realised the pain thay cause to owners by not coming and looking for them. As drivers, these things happen but take responsibility.
    wishing you all the best.

That is so terrible. Hope your puppy pulls through okay and your wee one aint too traumitized.

Oh My Goodness, that's absolutely dreadful Annemarie !!!

I really hope that wee Ozzy pulls through and that the driver of the car might read this and realise what a totally disgusting thing to do; to leave a wee animal suffering in the road !!

Please let us know how Ozzy gets on...... thinking of you and your wee 3 year old !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

This is awful, there are some people in this world who are so self centred they just don't care about anyone or anything else. I hope the wee chap can make a good recovery. And I hope your bairn can grow up with their puppy. The best start you can possibly have in life.

Very sorry to hear this. my OH and i hope for a full recovery with skill love and time

Peggy x

Just pm'd you,cheers
    Last edited by upolian; 09-Jul-10 at 21:49.

how can anyone with any sort of feelings ..leave a poor puppy suffering...i cant understand anyone being so heartless, what goes round ,comes round, one day they will feel the same grief and pain.....love and hug's to you all xx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

thank you all for your kind wishes.
    ozzy is getting home tomorrow.

his leg is in a splint as he has two "green stick" (messy not clean cut) fractures and due to the external injuries to his leg which need dressings, he cannot have a cast on.
    he's to have complete bed rest for two weeks.
    (confined to a crate) to prevent further damage to his leg

he has a suspected broken rib which only time will heal

his breathing has improved but still has badly bruised lungs and he has managed to wag his happy tail!!

will be so glad to get him home for cuddles!

will take around 6 weeks for his injuries to heal, and probably many pain killers.
    but i'm just glad he's alive to be with us.

shame on you for leaving him by the road whoever you are!
    no matter how scared or whatever you were, you should have done the right thing.
    Last edited by annemarie482; 09-Jul-10 at 22:21.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

I am so glad to hear he is getting home, keep us informed on how he is doing if you dont mind, and find the time as it sounds as if your gonna be busy these next few weeks...which i bet you dont mind one little bit xx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

So sorry to hear about Ozzy and that he has been through such a traumatic accident, some people have no conscience at all, hope that they never have to find what you and your 3 year old did this morning, Hope your little one is ok and no long term effects suffered by what was witnessed. Glad to hear he is out of danger and coming home, sending him speedy recovery wishes.
    Last edited by aurora32; 09-Jul-10 at 22:31.

Hi Annemarie,so sorry to hear whats happened to your pup. Glad he's coming home,he'll be happier and more settled there. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

I am so very, very sorry about what happened to Ozzy.

How on earth the driver who knocked him down could just leave him there is beyond me!

I am so glad he is getting home tomorrow and here's hoping he makes a rapid recovery.

Thinking of you.

Glad he is making a recovery!

So sorry to hear about the awful trauma poor Ozzie suffered. Glad he's making a recovery. Maybe someone saw who did this, and will report it. Please keep us informed

Max, our collie alsatian cross, sends his best wishes andd lots of waggy tails!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast