Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Flights to Aberdeen

Default Flights to Aberdeen

can anyone enlighten me on how to get cheap flights to Aberdeen the ones mentioned in the Groat a few weeks ago without using the discount card?

the cheapest way is on the internet.

i tried that but still couldnt find the ones that are 99 pound.

Cool

How do ye get 1 at short notice,from Aberdeen to Wick? Cheap, 1 way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattie B
    i tried that but still couldnt find the ones that are 99 pound.
    The prices vary, depending on - i know not what. Just keep checking til one comes up
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

On speaking to the travel agency I was lead to believe that there are only so many £99 tickets per flight -once allocated no-one can get a cheap £99 flight. They are non-refundable and non-transferable. I know of an oil man who booked the £99 fare twice - the chopper was late and he missed his flights, so he lost the £99, and had to rebook another flight at additional expense. He now doesn't bother with them, as it was too risky for him, and was becoming a waste of money.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    On speaking to the travel agency I was lead to believe that there are only so many £99 tickets per flight -once allocated no-one can get a cheap £99 flight. They are non-refundable and non-transferable. I know of an oil man who booked the £99 fare twice - the chopper was late and he missed his flights, so he lost the £99, and had to rebook another flight at additional expense. He now doesn't bother with them, as it was too risky for him, and was becoming a waste of money.
    Thanks for that advice Rainbow, I wont bother booking 1 then

What about flights from Wick - Newcastle? Been pricing them and they are nearly £500!

Again it depends when you travell.

You can get a return to Newcastle for £331 from Wick

Try .. easternairways.com

I booked far enough ahead and got from Humberside to Aberdeen for 99 quid .. I spoke to one of the Eastern girls at Aberdeen and she said there are so many 99 quid seats on any given flight and you can get them last minute depending on the amount of passengers on the flight or by booking far enough ahead.
    Love Many .. Trust a Few .. Always Paddle your Own Canoe.

I booked 3 on-line return flights to Aberdeen for £299! Fair enough it was for October but perhaps it pays to book in advance.
    However a return flight for a 16 year old to Shetland is £429!! He could go abroad for that price. Now having to look for a much cheaper option for a Wick to Shetland return. Boat??
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dirdyweeker
    I booked 3 on-line return flights to Aberdeen for £299! Fair enough it was for October but perhaps it pays to book in advance.
    However a return flight for a 16 year old to Shetland is £429!! He could go abroad for that price. Now having to look for a much cheaper option for a Wick to Shetland return. Boat??
    £429 is absolutely scandalous. as you say you can go abroad for that.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by obiron
    £429 is absolutely scandalous. as you say you can go abroad for that.
    Are they good at swimming? mind its a long way