Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Asda

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross

SNIP

If you want a look at an aerial photo of the proposed site rather than the photo copy in the Highland Council Planning Document, have a butchers at
    http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...style=a&lvl=17
    Just curious ........... anyone got any clues as to why only part of Caithness is mapped down to the resolution of the bit quoted above?

Good site for something maybe?

Oh come on!! I'm sure Cllr Smith's decision on Tesco has absolutely no bearing on the ASDA decision. I'm sure the ASDA application was looked at entirely on its own merits by all of the Councillors.

Perhaps people should find out why it was rejected first before jumping to conclusions. Could even be something thats not so difficult to fix!
    Doolally

unicorn Guest

Just signed well done tuggs!! hubby reckons we should all bombard the council office with letters of complaint about the decision and demanding they rethink this! Had I known that letters of support were wanted I would have sent one but like everyone else I thought it was a done deal and it was definately happening. I would also like to know how 1 forum member has stated that he and his partner sent individual letters of support and the council claim only to have recieved 1 single letter of support, SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY!!

Well said Unicorn - I am the same - had I known we could/should send letters of support I would've done so and am away to do one now. What a kick in the teeth to the people of Thurso!

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress
    ok petition done, hope it is to your approval

http://www.petitiononline.com/asda/petition.html
    Why not post a different thread with the url and an explanation and ask the admin to make it a sticky so the post is always at the top?

Question Signed the petiton

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Just signed well done tuggs!! hubby reckons we should all bombard the council office with letters of complaint about the decision and demanding they rethink this! Had I known that letters of support were wanted I would have sent one but like everyone else I thought it was a done deal and it was definately happening. I would also like to know how 1 forum member has stated that he and his partner sent individual letters of support and the council claim only to have recieved 1 single letter of support, SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY!!
    I too have signed the petition and have emailed the link to a few friends...

I too thought the ASDA was a done deal...irritated that its not....I like the idea of choice.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Without sounding like a nagg, please can some people take this petition seriously. One name has appeared 3 times already, this will only give people who are opposed to it a good excuse to rubish the petition, and we wouldnt want that.

Paula is there anything you can do to delete this.

unicorn Guest

Well spotted Kas

just having a look kas, btw check out the 'tugmistress' thread down the board, your advice required please kas!
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Wink Asda

Well done on petition Tugmistress. Let's show these so called councillors we mean business and hopefully vote them all out in May(wish it were sooner). I wonder how much Tesco is paying?

Angry Sickening

I was sickened to read that ASDA have been refused planning permission. What do these objectors think the future of this town is??

There needs to be some form of sustainable employment.Dounreay is losing more and more people every week and the tourist industry is in decline.

ASDA would have been a great asset to Thurso - which presently seems to be heading towards a retirment village in 2040..

Here is the full application from the Highland council website.

(Note two of the objectors where from Tain!!)

I think this is a ridiculous decision. We are the people of Caithness, and most of us were in favour of Asda coming to Thurso - don't our views and opinions count any more?

I live in Wick, but I am still in favour of Asda coming to Thurso, and most of the people I know in Wick and Thurso are of the same opinion.

For Goodness Sake - we need places like Tesco and Asda in Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by kas
    Without sounding like a nagg, please can some people take this petition seriously. One name has appeared 3 times already, this will only give people who are opposed to it a good excuse to rubish the petition, and we wouldnt want that.

Paula is there anything you can do to delete this.
    I entered that name and i only did it once . I do take this seriously .
    Not sure why it has added the name 3 times.
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

Not sure that i can do it manually
    though the FAQs do say ....
    How are petition signatures validated?
    Unlike the various flaky email petitions that periodically wander around the Internet, with PetitionOnline there is exactly one authoritative master copy of your petition. Each signature and email address (always required, but optionally confidential) is logged for possible explicit or statistical validation. Duplicate signatures are automatically rejected, and each person who signs is automatically sent a confirming email message.
    Validation is a somewhat separate issue from delivery. Delivery will only include the email addresses of petition signers who have made their address public ally available. (A petition could be set up so that public email addresses are required, but it would be likely to get far fewer signers.)
    If deeper validation of a petition is really called for, PetitionOnline.com has the technical ability to perform a statistical validation by contacting a sampling of signers directly via the email addresses we have privately archived. This kind of more serious validation is not included in our free petition hosting offer, but can be arranged on a cost-contract basis (see below).
    Ensuring identity without invading privacy is quite a challenge. We don't see that a perfect solution is currently available, given that there is not yet any widespread foolproof system for establishing online identity. An email address is not enough to establish identity by itself, but it is substantially more than just a name, and it provides a link back to a person for (the potential of) confirming identity.

i'll hope it picks up on the repeats or it is just a hiccup in the system, i will check tomorrow to see if the duplications have gone. if not i will get in touch and see what can be done
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Dali
    I entered that name and i only did it once . I do take this seriously .
    Not sure why it has added the name 3 times.
    Sorry, I thought someone was taking the mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross
    On the BBC website it says:-
    Rob Gibson, SNP MSP for Highlands and Islands, praised the committee.
    He said: "Supermarket expansion has to meet very strict criteria to protect the local economy."
    [/url]
    How would ASDA hurt the local economy??????

90% of the food shopping in Thurso at the moment is done in Sommerfield and the CO-OP. They are not local businesses and their profits don't stay in the county.

Yip, the petrol stations would suffer, but don't believe for a second they've not been ripping us off for years.

The councillors are supposed to be representing the views of the people in their respective areas and to support what is best for the population. What research have they done? Are those who voted against it deaf dumb and blind? It is OBVIOUS the VAST majority of Thurso folk want ASDA.

I sympathise with the people who live right in front of the site, they're gonna lose a lovely view but, as has been quoted by councillors on the planning committee many times a view is a bonus, not a right. Surely then any of the 70 odd objections citing this should be dismissed?

And what has a wick councillor who has been shouting his support for Tesco got to do with it. HYPOCRITE and shame on you.

Cool Asda

Sorry to hear the news, just watched the add on TV, stating spend £50 and get 5 pence of a litre at Tesco’s, Guess where I will be doing my shopping come December (not Thurso)
    The general public were looking forward to a new Adsa, If so many people objected because of the views being blocked, the planning department are always quoting views are not considered in planning objections. Or did our local shop owners state that they would not object, as a ruse, and they all sent in there objection letters, they will be laughing all the way to the bank now. The conspiracy implications are there, what is the hidden agenda of the councillors, are they all masons, or do they all own property in Wick.
    The truth is out there.

Default Asda For Thurso And For Us All

the majority of us want asda in thurso about time there was good prices in the town and saves me going down the A9 all the time to get good prices we all have to do something about this ...... ASDA FOR THURSO AND FOR US ALL

I think its terrible that asda has been refused thurso has lacked a decent store for years and its not just that as well asda could have created more jobs for the locals and econemy in general
    Last edited by EDDIE; 26-Jun-06 at 23:31.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast