Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Trust me, my father was a doctor.

I have a very close acquaintance who is one. English is not his first language. He has given me intense lessons on how to shout and flap your arms as these full bloodied Asian men do and as for personal hygiene ............................mmmm canna remember when I last had a shower. It could be last time I got caught in a heavy downpour. Surely I can fast track into this lovely sounding group of yours

Must be off and check how your letter is getting on unless you have had a looky already.
    Last edited by Alice in Blunderland; 29-Jul-10 at 17:04.

Letter delivered! I can't believe how quick the Posties can be, especially when it's local mail. Cheers Guys!
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

The letter to WADF has indeed been delivered to the Wick address today.

[Edit - I posted regarding a message I got which I thought meant the response from WADF had been despatched already. It actually referred to a parcel of hose I ordered from a Chandlers in England! My mistake, but I'm still well impressed with the Royal Mail service in Caithness!!]
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 29-Jul-10 at 18:11. Reason: Wrong parcel - I boobed!

The countdown begins.

I've emptied my inbox (again!), so keep the info coming in folks.

I'm also interested in hearing from any landowners who have been approached regarding a site for our new sports complex. Anyone with ideas or information on available sites which might prove suitable (bear in mind we'll most likely be linking with other provisions rather than building the complex in isolation) please give me a shout as well.

No need to PM you this bit of info.

I was at a meeting where concern was expressed by the lack of movement within this organisation. The folk who spoke to me as they know who I am on the org expressed an interest in helping in the future.They thought I knew you personally and asked me to pass this on to you but alas we have never met..........yet unless I get accepted into your cult.

They have successfully been involved in sports and particularly football provision for many years and indeed have great expertise in fundraising. They are watching this thread and mentioned that should the AGM be advertised they are willing to come along to offer their help ....... you are not alone.

Excellent Alice, the more people with knowledge and skill we can get on board, the better!

In the meantime, for those who haven't seen the plans for Halkirk's new facility, check out http://www.halkirkleisure.co.uk

(Note that I'm not involved with it whatsoever, I'm just jealous!)
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 29-Jul-10 at 21:29.

Wow almost 11,000 views lots of interest out there I would think.

Tubs could you PM me your name and address and I will hand it on to the folks at the next meeting if thats okay with you? This will let them get in touch with you personally.

It actually referred to a parcel of hose I ordered from a Chandlers in England! ]
    Crickey! You get your stockings from a Chandlers in England?

So does Mrs T.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Wow almost 11,000 views lots of interest out there I would think.

11,000 views sounds great until you see that this thread attracted 24,000 views and only 7 posts ...

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=10021

this was back in the olden days, but even so

i hope more people take an interest in WADF than the above !!

... They are watching this thread and mentioned that should the AGM be advertised they are willing to come along to offer their help ....... you are not alone.
    Cheers Alice, look forward to hearing from them. The intention has to be, once the constitution and accounts are viewed, to arrange an AGM/ EGM or similar, so that ways forward for the sports complex are identified and appropriate people elected to the key roles.

whats this mr & mrs w about? i cant see much on this phone is someone taking the mick or is it the wadf makin threats?
    Whats it all about.... I don't think you really need to ask !
    Last edited by RB 14-20; 30-Jul-10 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by RB 14-20 View Post
    Whats it all about.... let me see, could it be a surname !
    This is a good game. Perhaps it could be a surname.

Now, are you suggesting that these people might have the answer, or dropping hints that Mr & Mrs W might get their windows tanned on my behalf? Or maybe you're pointing out that me and my OH have a name beginning with W?

Too cryptic for me, RB. You'll need to be clearer!

Cheers Alice, look forward to hearing from them.
    Thanks for the info.

The intention has to be, once the constitution and accounts are viewed, to arrange an AGM/ EGM or similar, so that ways forward for the sports complex are identified and appropriate people elected to the key roles.
    Will it have be a case of waiting for the AGM and then anyone interested turn up?

If its to be an EGM will the office bearers not have to call it?

Will it have be a case of waiting for the AGM and then anyone interested turn up? If its to be an EGM will the office bearers not have to call it?
    I think the office bearers will have an open meeting in the not too distant future. It could be their scheduled AGM, or an EGM called by the 'committee', but open to the public.

Failing that, measures can be enacted to force disclosure, and allow the community to find out what the present incumbents have achieved with OUR £1/4 million over the last ten years. And to ensure the means and people are in place to to carry the project forward (not just keep giving empty reassurances that things are going well!)

But the information we all want will finally be revealed.

But the information we all want will finally be revealed.
    That shouldnt be too far away given that you have made it quite obvious that you are more than willing to pay what was requested to receive this information on this forum they have been watching.

I would expect they have it all ready for posting and they were just awaiting your cheque.

Given that the postman has been so quick the last time I would expect the return post to be just as quick.

Ah, but all we've requested is the constitution and the accounts. They won't necessarily divulge any meeting minutes or any kind of progress reports at this stage.

But to refuse to willingly divulge everything would be foolish; Regardless of how they consider themselves, they are working voluntarily on our behalf, and that money is ours. And we WILL find out what's been going on one way or another.

So if the WADF 'committee' want to come out of this looking good, all they have to do is willingly disclose what's been going on, how much is in the fund, and what (if any) progress has actually been made.

If they are daft enough to try and fight us off, they will look really bad in the eyes of their community.

We are GLAD that they've raised £250 000 for us. We want to be PROUD that this cash is available for a facility to put Wick right on the map. We would absolutely HATE to have yet another charity fundraising drama.

And if there's been little or no actual progress, we will put the right people in place who have the skills and knowledge to make our sports complex happen, or put our money where it can best be used to benefit the people of Wick and environs.

Trust me - this is how it will be.

And if there's been little or no actual progress, we will put the right people in place who have the skills and knowledge to make our sports complex happen, or put our money where it can best be used to benefit the people of Wick and environs.

Trust me - this is how it will be.
    Thats how it should be !

If the current committee are no longer making progress and they have pushed the project to this point but no further then surely its the best for all concerned to hand over to fresh blood.

What would be a good name for our new sports complex? 'Wick Community Sports Centre' sounds a bit bland to me. We could give it:

• A Viking name (exciting, promotes our heritage)
    • A Gaelic name (promotes our gaelic/ clearance heritage)
    • A totally random designation (exciting for the kids)
    • A name associated with the ground it's built on

Alternatively we could do the tradition thing and name it after:

• A famous local person
    • Telford or Stevenson, the architects of Wick (well, bits of it)
    • A local politician or dignitary
    • A weel-kent local worthy
    • One of the committee who have made it possible
    • The landowner who donates the ground for it
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 31-Jul-10 at 11:05. Reason: Spelling again!

What about the bignold park?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast