Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Cheers Tiger.

While we're (still) waiting for the WADF information, could local people with expertise in charity fundraising & management, sports centre design and project management, and the management of sports complexes please pm me.

[and I've emptied my inbox -again!]
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger woods View Post
    There's nothing in the Courier this morning.
    Jeez quick delivery of the courier to Windermere Florida Im impressed or did you check on line

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Cheers Tiger.

While we're (still) waiting for the WADF information, could local people with expertise in charity fundraising & management, sports centre design and project management, and the management of sports complexes please pm me.

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by tiger woods View Post
    There's nothing in the Courier this morning.
    wow, nothing in the courier. Thats a bit strange, who's going to buy a newspaper with nothing in it?

Anyone got the Courier yet this morning? Is there a report or a letter on what the WADF are doing?

Just to save me the trip to the Post Office.
    North of Scotland Newspapers are probably waiting for you to report on here first, just like they did last time

Be fair now, so far, a letter asking for £8 is the sum total of progress on this, which isn't much to report on really.

The point where the WADF reveal their activities, the funds held on our behalf, and any sports complex plans they actually have will be the interesting bit!

Cheers Tiger.

PM sent today

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Jeez quick delivery of the courier to Windermere Florida Im impressed or did you check on line
    Have it delivered every week along with the Groat.

I noticed a letter in the Courier from the Wick Pipe Band, pointing out that the latest charity fiddle to have occurred in the town had nothing to do with them.

Dreadful to think that we sometimes can't trust folk who raise money for good causes.

'Signed for' letter arrived at 10:25 this morning, dated 24th July.

Application for Copies of WADF Documents

I write in response to your letter dated 5th July regarding the above which I collected from Wick Post Office at 8.00am today by 'signed for' delivery.

I note that you have enclosed a S.A.E. with £2 postage - Please note that we make a standard charge of £10.00 for the supply of these documents.

If you still wish to receive copies of our documents, please send a cheque for £8.00 made payable to "Wick Academy Development Fund".

N.B. To date, the letter that you claimed to have sent to us on the 5th July still has not arrived.

Yours Sincerely

Andrew J Carter
    Secretary

I've 'ad a rummage down the back of the sofa and found £1.36 and some lego, also found 39p and some ciggy filters in the landy I'm pullin apart.
    So, I'll happily donate the £1.75 towards the cost. (providing you can send me a set of accounts showing your income and expenditure etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I've 'ad a rummage down the back of the sofa and found £1.36 and some lego, also found 39p and some ciggy filters in the landy I'm pullin apart.
    So, I'll happily donate the £1.75 towards the cost. (providing you can send me a set of accounts showing your income and expenditure etc.)
    We charge a standard £10 fee for this information...

We charge a standard £10 fee for this information...

BUT......ohhhhhh......

Never mind, Phill. I sold a part of my body and raised the £8.

Cheque sent this afternoon ('signed for' delivery again - I'll have to sell something else at this rate!), should arrive Wick on Friday at the latest, maybe picked up Saturday morning. Probably won't get banked till Monday, so cheque cleared by next Thursday, return of post by a week Saturday, or the Monday maybe?

Unless they trust me and send the stuff right away before the cheque clears...

Cheque sent this afternoon ('signed for' delivery again - I'll have to sell something else at this rate!), should arrive Wick on Friday at the latest, maybe picked up Saturday morning.

Are you going to be a nice Tubs and post the tracking number again so that we can check on the progress of the letter ?

Pretty please................. and if there is to be a charge for your effort in doing this to cover your electricity for the computer or any other unforeseen cost I am sure us nice kind people from the org will have a whip round to help you out with that.

Your wish is my command, Alice! AG911852471GB

Don't worry about the electricity; I am, after all, working for the benefit of the community.

I wish I had a working scanner handy, so you could all see the very nice WADF headed letter I received. At the bottom it states,

"Working For The Benefit Of The Community"

Which makes it ironic that I'm having to go through all this palaver to find out, on behalf of the community, what is going on with £1/4 million of our dosh.

Not to worry though, once it's all sorted out, I'll be able to claim the all the money back from the WADF.

Are you going to be a nice Tubs...
    I should point out that 'nice' is not a term normally associated with fully-indentured members of the Tubthumper cult. Our motto is 'Chaos Est Totus, Turbo Sulum, Nunquam Sileo'.

Evil-smelling, foul-mouthed, warped and habitually causing trouble. That's us.

And there are more of us around than you might think!
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 29-Jul-10 at 11:35. Reason: spelling

My apolgies, I recently suggested that the WADF chairman had stated the sports complex was 'near' in 2005. I was just having a flick through my notes and found that he actually said that in 2002. Whoops!

So I'll just re-post the published information from the WAFC (that's our local semi-pro football club, with the same name but who have nothing to do with and receive no development funding from the WADF).(Mind you, no-one else receives any benefit from it either, do they?)

"22/5/2002 Approx 30 members attended the club's AGM and the main points are as follows -
    Chairman's Report - Mr Gunn believed that there was silverware in the young team, and was confident that Darren Strong will be with the club next season. The members were advised that the "Sports complex" was near.

Elections - M/s Gunn and Carter returned unapposed.

Treasurer's Report - a/c's showed a profit compared to a small loss last year. The improved financial position was largely down to the Qualifying/Scottish cup run which attracted payments for each round as well as extra gate money and TV income.

AOCB - The rest of the meeting took the form of a heated debate over the development fund and the lack of access for WAFC members to information. Mr. Gunn confirmed membership of the development fund was by invitation only and that this course had been agreed at a meeting in January 2000. Opinions from the floor suggested that this course of action was both illegal and un- constitutional. A proposal that all WAFC members are automatically members of the Development fund was carried without objection and Mr Gunn said a meeting of the fund would be held shortly and they would consider this proposal."

I'll get a copy of the WAFC minutes for the later meeting where the then Chairman (Mr J Gunn) & Secretary (Mr A Carter) got turfed out, and put the relevant details on here as well.

I should point out that 'nice' is not a term normally associated with fully-indentured members of the Tubthumper cult. Our motto is 'Chaos Est Totus, Turbo Sulum, Nunquam Sileo'.

sometimes it's necessary
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Now how do we go about getting elected to this cult or is it by invitation only orrrrrrrrrr do you need to be a direct blood relative ?

Sorry for all these questions but it could be in the publics interest you know

Anyways must go and check on the progress of your letter the postal service is very quick these days.

Now how do we go about getting elected to this cult or is it by invitation only orrrrrrrrrr do you need to be a direct blood relative ?
    There's not much of the blood relative thing goes on in our cult actually, because of the evil smells.

You can only join the cult by personal recommendation. If you send me details of your personal hygiene and language problems, also your history of upsetting people who think they're above reproach, I will make representations on your behalf.

Our AGM is held in the open, and we all stand as far apart as possible, while shouting abuse. The secretary has a very difficult task, and is actually the foulest-smelling of us all.

But it's all open and above board. And any money we raise, we tell the public about. Trust me, my father was a doctor.

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast