Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Seeing as the first hole has been dug for the new Halkirk sports complex, I reckon its long past time the Wick one was started. After all, the fundraising started way before Mr Sinclair of Halkirk made his massive donation, and Wick is 10 times the size of Halkirk!

I'm interested in how the WADF go/ went about fundraising for this complex which (after 'thousands of chairman miles'), was 'near' in 2005 - or so the Wick Academy Football Club AGM was informed!

Anyone got any info on the A-T tickets they used to sell, or any other fundraising income like car boot sales, raffles, legacies or business/ personal donations?

Feel free to post here or pm me if you like. (But keep it objective - no personal stuff, rumour or speculation)

Cheers!

[Edit - that's 100 posts and 7700 views! People ARE interested!!]
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 26-Jul-10 at 09:55. Reason: 100 posts!
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I see the letter was delivered on 24th.

Is that now fourteen days from this date

They could also log onto the org within that fourteen days and let folks out there know what is happening and what the future holds for this fund.
    Last edited by Alice in Blunderland; 26-Jul-10 at 12:23.

My mistake, you're right Alice, the reply has to be with me by the 7th of August.

It would be nice to have a post on here, or something in the Courier/ Groat. Just to put our minds at rest!

(By the way, cheers for the PMs everyone, keep them coming!)
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 26-Jul-10 at 13:40. Reason: 7th!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Wheeeew thought you had thrown in the towel too easily there. For all you know maybe the postman has a nice letter for you with all the answers on Monday.
    No joy Alice, no letter today.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

i think hell will freeze over and us scots will warm to the english before ye get at letter on time,

head wall banging head wall banging, or something like that
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    No joy Alice, no letter today.

Think positive.

Tomorrow is only a day away as the words of the song say.

It will take them a few days to get the wording right and all the details set out and printed off to make sure nothings missed.They wouldn't want you to receive the wrong information now............ would they.

or any information if they could get away with it

I can't believe that's 600 posts since this morning! There really is a lot of interest in this thread (and not just from within the county either)!

Lots of good info coming in, it's all written down and blogged just in case something happens to me...

I can't believe that's 600 posts since this morning! There really is a lot of interest in this thread (and not just from within the county either)!

Lots of good info coming in, it's all written down and blogged just in case something happens to me...
    What? like you get pished and forget who you are

From what I'm hearing, WADF fundraising has been going on for more than 10 years, spread its tentacles far and wide into the North Sea, was particularly strongly supported in its early days (before people started getting suspicious at the secrecy and lack of action) and apparently has never released any cash, so there could be more than £1/4 million available.
    £250 000
    for a sports centre. Wow!

Of course, there is no information available to us on payments made to individuals for actually running/ administering the fund, or what expenses were involved.

But seeing as it's a local charity, run by volunteers with minimal need for expenses and no requirement for assets like offices or vehicles, the cash raised should be pretty much intact plus interest.

The only problem I can see is the bunfight over which sports it gets spent on!
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 27-Jul-10 at 09:30.

Smile Response Received!

'Signed for' letter arrived at 10:25 this morning, dated 24th July.

Application for Copies of WADF Documents

I write in response to your letter dated 5th July regarding the above which I collected from Wick Post Office at 8.00am today by 'signed for' delivery.

I note that you have enclosed a S.A.E. with £2 postage - Please note that we make a standard charge of £10.00 for the supply of these documents.

If you still wish to receive copies of our documents, please send a cheque for £8.00 made payable to "Wick Academy Development Fund".

N.B. To date, the letter that you claimed to have sent to us on the 5th July still has not arrived.

Yours Sincerely

Andrew J Carter
    Secretary

'Signed for' letter arrived at 10:25 this morning, dated 24th July.

Application for Copies of WADF Documents
    I write in response to your letter dated 5th July regarding the above which I collected from Wick Post Office at 8.00am today by 'signed for' delivery.

I note that you have enclosed a S.A.E. with £2 postage - Please note that we make a standard charge of £10.00 for the supply of these documents.

If you still wish to receive copies of our documents, please send a cheque for £8.00 made payable to "Wick Academy Development Fund".

N.B. To date, the letter that you claimed to have sent to us on the 5th July still has not arrived.

Yours Sincerely

Andrew J Carter
    Secretary
    Ask for written confirmation of their charges Tubs. If its not in their constitution, they shouldn't be making any charge. Although, on reflection, you may want to do this after you've paid and received the documents.

Excellent.

I'm skint. I'll have to set up a registered charity to raise the funds to get the information, on behalf of the community, on funds held by a registered charity working on behalf of the community.

Spare change anyone?

i bet WADF would like you to do a sponsored silence Tubs

Thanks to everyone who offered financial assistance, I think we can push forward with this.

I will send off the £8 cheque (by 'signed for' post again) tomorrow.

WADF, if you can have the materials (constitution and audited accounts) available for sending directly back (as soon as the cheque's cleared obviously - can't be too careful when it's public money, can you) it would be much appreciated.

We'll be seeking a list of trustees next, so if you want to include that in the envelope and save further postage, it would be handy, and save time in the long run.

We'll be seeking a list of trustees next, so if you want to include that in the envelope and save further postage, it would be handy, and save time in the long run.
    Best send them twenty pound as this is now a second request and they will need to cover their costs for looking out this extra bit of information.

Mentioned this thread to someone the other day and was told that WADF has been investigated by the police before and no charges were brought, or wrong doing found.

Surely this can't be right? Can anyone confirm/deny if this is true before Tubs spends his £8?
    Away and haunt a hoose

Quote Originally Posted by glaikit View Post
    Mentioned this thread to someone the other day and was told that WADF has been investigated by the police before and no charges were brought, or wrong doing found.

Surely this can't be right? Can anyone confirm/deny if this is true before Tubs spends his £8?
    I'm not looking for wrongdoing, I'm just trying to find out what's in the fund, who's looking after it and doing stuff with it, what they're doing etc.

If they would come out into the open after all this time and money (and absolutely nothing to show for it!) and actually tell people, there would be no more speculation.

I've scraped the £8 together.

Anyone got the Courier yet this morning? Is there a report or a letter on what the WADF are doing?

Just to save me the trip to the Post Office.

Anyone got the Courier yet this morning? Is there a report or a letter on what the WADF are doing?

Just to save me the trip to the Post Office.
    There's nothing in the Courier this morning.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast