Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Of course they could be on holiday. If that's the case could the WADF representative reading this please send me a PM, and I'll arrange a different delivery address.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    OK so the intended recipient was out today when it was delivered - hopefully they'll collect it from the PO tomorrow morning...
    It's been delivered!!
    You can also click on the Proof of Delivery to see who signed for it.

'am on the edge of me seat now. This is more 'citin than the lottery!

Thumbs up Congratulations on this part Tubs

Congratulations on getting your letter signed for acceptance.
    Was it a child or a spiders signature on acceptance?
    Now the long wait for an acceptable answer, as per the requirements of OSCR, hope you do not have to wait the full time or end up having to contact OSCR due to their non-compliance with the correct procedure.
    Eagerly awaiting the outcome of this next step in process.

The miracles of technology!

OK, just to summarise now we're getting somewhere:

The citizens of Wick and environs have found, in a number of cases recently, that money they've donated to charitable causes has not ended up where it should have. They and others in the wider community are angry and upset about this and want to be assured that all charity funds are being managed properly.

Wick Academy Development Fund was established as a charity to raise funds to build a sports complex, for the people of Wick & environs. It has no connection with Wick Academy Football Club (the only extant entity with an associated title) which has indeed found it necessary to formally disassociate itself from the fund and which has gained no development support from it whatsoever.

Those who established the fund put great energy into raising funds and have apparently amassed in the region of £200 000 thus far. For this the community is very grateful. However, in the current economic climate and taking into account the need to ensure any money that is available is used properly (ie combined with Scottish Government, HC and lottery funds to ensure top-class sporting facilities are added to the proposed new school) it is crucial that information on this fund is in the public domain.

The perceived problems with WADF arise from the fact that no information has been made available to the community by the WADF 'committee' (or other management arrangement) on:

• Precisely how much money is in the fund
    • How the funds have been raised
    • Who is involved in managing the fund, the means of selection, and the competence and probity of those involved
    • How the fund is managed
    • What the plans for the fund are
    • What expenses are involved in running the fund
    • What interactions have taken place with other interested bodies
    • Any progress made on the stated intent of the registered charity
    • Whether this fund can be accessed for other charitable purposes

Previous requests for information on the fund have not been readily responded to. There is evidence that reasonable requests for financial assistance (for associated causes) have been rejected out of hand. The submission required by statute to the Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator was significantly late and resulted in OSCR compliance action being initiated. Such communications that have been made have not inspired confidence in the management arrangements for the fund. These and other issues have given rise to 'Reasonable Doubt' within the community that the WADF is being managed appropriately.

The response to the most recent request for information in accordance with s.23 (1) (a) and (b) of the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 (made by a member of the public who has agreed to waive his anonymity for the greater good of the community) will be made available to all interested members of the community via this medium.

It has always been most desirable for appropriate access for members of the community and those who have contributed, to information on the fund though discussion with the WADF 'committee', at an open meeting, AGM or EGM, according to the provisions made for such in the WADF constitution, or as a separate arrangement. The aim of the ongoing web forum thread is to allow members of the community to contribute to the process of developing public access to information on the community's money, as held by the WADF.

It should also be noted that (bearing in mind recent problems with charities management in our County) local, regional and National press, TV companies, the OSCR and duly elected members of the local council and Scottish and UK Governments are interested in the effective management of this substantial fund.

Thanks are due in advance to the members of the WADF, whoever they are, for raising these funds on behalf of the community.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 24-Jul-10 at 12:07. Reason: Spelling

Very well put Tubs.

Now I think a statement like that deserves a properly formed reply..........

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Very well put Tubs.

Now I think a statement like that deserves a properly formed reply..........
    Sorry to be negative but you wont get one.....
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Sorry to be negative but you wont get one.....
    But these people have put huge energy into raising money for us! Surely they'll be proud to have their efforts recognised!

Come on now Amy, be positive!

Thumbs down OOOoooooooOOOOhh!!

Things take a more sinister twist!

Just been speaking to a workmate in the pub. He tells me that 'Some belligerent-sounding guy phoned your number, looking for Tubthumper. Very strong local accent, sounded pretty mad, wouldn't leave his name but insisted I told you the message was for Tubthumper'. I assume this was a person representing WADF.

He couldn't remember what day it was, but it was the week before last (12th-16th), ie before I sent the recorded letter but after the standard post was sent. So perhaps the WADF received it after all.

Strange thing to do, phone a guy's work leaving cryptic messages. A thinner skinned chap might have got worried and think there were veiled threats being made.

Me? I'm cool, I know what we're doing is the right thing for the community. Maybe when I'm back at work on monday I'll get the phone records checked, maybe have the call traced. And if there's nothing to hide, there's no reason to be afraid, is there?!

It's good to keep in touch!
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 24-Jul-10 at 21:58.

I must check whether it's 14 working days or just 14 days for a response.

[QUOTE=Tubthumper;740209]Things take a more sinister twist!

'Some belligerent-sounding guy phoned your number, looking for Tubthumper. Very strong local accent, sounded pretty mad, wouldn't leave his name but insisted I told you the message was for Tubthumper'. I assume this was a person representing WADF.

Unfortunately Tubthumper this type of intimidation is what can be expected by certain people involved with WADF and obviously supported by the others involved. Hopefully you will soon be able to publish their names.

As far as your last question 14 workingdays or just 14 days if it is 14 "working" days then you might have a long wait if you are looking for a reply from the chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Just been speaking to a workmate in the pub. He tells me that 'Some belligerent-sounding guy phoned your number, looking for Tubthumper. Very strong local accent, sounded pretty mad, wouldn't leave his name but insisted I told you the message was for Tubthumper'. I assume this was a person representing WADF.
    Presume that you had put your real name on the letter so why would any person calling from WADF refer to you by Org username? Doesn't make sense.

It is odd to be contacted at work though.

Gollach, why indeed! If they knew my name and where I worked, why bother with my nickname? It may have frustrated the caller somewhat, because the guy he was talking to hadn't a clue what he was on about and has difficulty with the local accent.

"There's no-one called Bob Hunter here..."

Perhaps it wasn't the WADF at all, maybe it was just some random Wicker phoning for the craic.

Anyway I've had enough of this enquiry, I'm giving it up.

Anyway I've had enough of this enquiry, I'm giving it up.
    ???

Please clarify.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Only kidding!! I'm not giving up. By golly, the org is really slow tonight, anyone know why?

Only kidding!! I'm not giving up.

Wheeeew thought you had thrown in the towel too easily there.

For all you know maybe the postman has a nice letter for you with all the answers on Monday.

Guessing the Org is slow cos of the Wick Gala photos going on? Personally, I was hoping for more County Show pics cos I saw Bill snapping away in different places but none of those pics are here yet

But I digress.

I was going to say that I had a look at the wording of the Act and it says "14 days", not working days.

Cheers for that Gollach! So we'll be expecting the reply by 6th August then? I must get a new scanner, the one I have is about knackered.

I forgot the quiz will be on tonight, that will be adding to the slowness of the org.

Old Dad, the phone call may have been an innocent mistake. But I do wonder what kind of intimidation tactics the local hoodlums (and I obviously don't include representatives of the WADF in that group) typically employ in Wick?

Ones I remember from elsewhere include the 'neds slow drive-by, with added glower', the 'personal mail delivery 'We know where you live' approach, the 'spreading of nasty rumours' ploy and the old favourite 'Brick through window in the night'.

Surely not round here though?

Surely not round here though?
    Cue severed horses head!

Recent attempts at arson weren't too successful though.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast