Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Yes its good to have it brought up that still after all these years theres no action.

Anyone game to get this going.......pity about Better Together....he seems to be on the right course. Oh well...h

See this money , look at this week, Now Academy have possibly the biggest cup match in their history & the game is called off yet again, How embarrassing is it that they could have covers over the pitch - yet cant afford them & theres £140 k in the bank??
    Its absolutely despicable the way that Gunn will not hand over the money, Jacky your reputation is lower than a snakes belly thanks to the way you have handled this , Just coz you dont like the present committee , they incidently have shown you up in how to run a football club, you collected that money for Wick Academy not Jacky Gunn & friends.

Do the decent thing before you get much older & give the money over to the club

Five years since this thread started disgusting !!

Trying to get OSCR to investigate is worse than watching paint dry - nothing happens and as Alice ints out this is now five years since this thread started.
    Hope you manage to get somewhere with OSCR and will keep us informed

J. Gunn and A. Carter hate Wick Academy doing well. They sneer when the Club lose and say nothing when they win.
    What a horrible pair.
    On the plus side they must lead a particularly dismal life. Id imagine not a soul in Wick wants to be seen with or speak to them. Their families must be so embarrassed or maybe they've disowned them both too?

What a shame they seem to be able to cower behind The Charites Commission weak willed jobsworth rules and regs.
    The sad thing is though, neither of them seem to care that they are the two most ridiculed men in Caithness, as they take great satisfaction that they are sitting on money that doesn't belong to them, but that they don't have to hand over either.

The irony in all of this is that as much as Wick Academy could do great things with the money, since those two left it has never done so well, but that makes them both even more determined to cling on to the poison chalice that has consumed both their lives to the extent it has cost them everything.
    Anyone know what time Tesco opens?

Droopy, Why do these people have such contempt for Wick Academy?
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Droopy, Why do these people have such contempt for Wick Academy?
    One time 'Chair' and one time Secretary who admittedly did a great job until the 'Chair' breezed in. Also let's not forget the one time 'Vice-Chair', the brains of the operation at the time. Happily now sunning himself miles and miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    J. Gunn and A. Carter hate Wick Academy doing well. They sneer when the Club lose and say nothing when they win.
    What a horrible pair.
    On the plus side they must lead a particularly dismal life. Id imagine not a soul in Wick wants to be seen with or speak to them. Their families must be so embarrassed or maybe they've disowned them both too?

What a shame they seem to be able to cower behind The Charites Commission weak willed jobsworth rules and regs.
    The sad thing is though, neither of them seem to care that they are the two most ridiculed men in Caithness, as they take great satisfaction that they are sitting on money that doesn't belong to them, but that they don't have to hand over either.

The irony in all of this is that as much as Wick Academy could do great things with the money, since those two left it has never done so well, but that makes them both even more determined to cling on to the poison chalice that has consumed both their lives to the extent it has cost them everything.
    see mr carter standing at all academy home games so y would he got to watch if he wanted them to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradcon View Post
    see mr carter standing at all academy home games so y would he got to watch if he wanted them to lose.
    Why does going to home games mean he wants them to win??
    Both he and Wacky would have been gutted when Wick won the cup.
    If he wanted Academy to win and prosper he'd hand over the money that was raised for club surely? What he tends to forget is people bought the tickets largely due to the fact Wick Academy's name was on them.
    Last edited by Droopy; 09-Dec-15 at 07:45.

Spoke to OSCR.
    Few complaints have been received.
    Seems lots of reads and posts, but very little action from participants of this Board.
    Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Spoke to OSCR.
    Seems lots of reads and posts, but very little action from participants of this Board.
    Sad.
    Did the OSCR say how many complaints are required to enable them to act ? or is that their cop out.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Why does going to home games mean he wants them to win??
    Both he and Wacky would have been gutted when Wick won the cup.
    If he wanted Academy to win and prosper he'd hand over the money that was raised for club surely? What he tends to forget is people bought the tickets largely due to the fact Wick Academy's name was on them.
    is he actually still part of wadf as in another post further back it says a mr Oswald is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Spoke to OSCR.
    Sad.
    I have made no secret of the fact I made a written complaint regarding this inactive fund to OSCR. I subsequently followed it up a year later with a further inquiry into any outcome. I gave my full name and address with all contact details and received no feedback nothing diddly squat !!

I make no bones about it, have written to OSCR several times, giving full information about myself and why I wished for this charity, monies and members of the panel running it to be investigated fully. This money was raised by WADF and not the members of this panel who now hold this money and wish to know when this money is going to be dispersed or be made to be used as it was intended by the people who bought tickets for Wick Academy.

Alice and Pat, I am not qualified nor up to date with what has happened with this fund in the past but it would appear you's and others have investigated and have grievance with OSCR. By the look of things it would appear the next step would be a complaint against OSSCR themselves, they have a complaint mechanism which I do not know if anyone has used, so here is the link for those that can use it.
    http://www.oscr.org.uk/charities/complain-about-oscr
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Bradcon View Post
    is he actually still part of wadf as in another post further back it says a mr Oswald is involved.
    I believe the threesome are Wacky Gunn, Andrew Martyr and Geoff Odd-world who make up the WADF hierarchy. The latter two being among the same flock at a Wick church no less! Wacky doesn't go to church as he is God of his own world.

No matter what way you look at it Wacky and Martyr are the organ grinder and monkey. They both hate Wick Academy and it gives them both great pleasure talking the club down to the very few odd souls who are still forced to listen to them.

To not give the money the people of Wick raised to Wick Academy to further the club is quite simply dispicable. Imagine if they had collected money under the guise for Children In Need or Cancer Research, and then didn't hand over the raised money to the cause that people thought the money was being raised for? There would be a outcry, and this situation isn't far off the same situation.

But hey ho, as I said in a previous post, holding on to the money has probably cost them everything, their friends, family, credibility and reputation.........while Wick Academy continues to prosper without the pair of them.

Angry

I believe the threesome are Wacky Gunn, Andrew Martyr and Geoff Odd-world who make up the WADF hierarchy. The latter two being among the same flock at a Wick church no less! Wacky doesn't go to church as he is God of his own world.

No matter what way you look at it Wacky and Martyr are the organ grinder and monkey. They both hate Wick Academy and it gives them both great pleasure talking the club down to the very few odd souls who are still forced to listen to them.

To not give the money the people of Wick raised to Wick Academy to further the club is quite simply dispicable. Imagine if they had collected money under the guise for Children In Need or Cancer Research, and then didn't hand over the raised money to the cause that people thought the money was being raised for? There would be a outcry, and this situation isn't far off the same situation.

But hey ho, as I said in a previous post, holding on to the money has probably cost them everything, their friends, family, credibility and reputation.........while Wick Academy continues to prosper without the pair of them.
    Please let us not forget he who now lives down under as being part of this gang.

Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    Please let us not forget he who now lives down under as being part of this gang.
    David G'day...? I don't think he holds any present post or role within WADF.

Alright - I'm an outsider so I am going to ask a dumb question just out of pure curiosity.

If there is a large sum of money supposed to be used for a purpose and in a set of circumstances where no sight of it has been had for ages, and the regulating authority is not functioning....and no-one responds to queries about it...

... is this not a Police matter?

I ask in all innocence truly. It just seems..... logical under the circumstances.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...