Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Hahahahahaha < picks oneself up of floor dusts oneself down and composes oneself >

If the great THEY respond to you veekay Ill be first person to dance naked round whatever it is they propose to do with the cash....when they do it ..... dont think i will need to rush out and tone up my body anytime soon
    I bet this will get them out there with a ready response!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    I bet this will get them out there with a ready response!
    I would love to lose this bet to you however I bet a nice bottle of wine that they dont. Head in sand rear in air me thinks.

I cant wait to see their ready response if they do provide one it will be something along the lines of your picking on us .... its a vendetta ........... we are working hard in the background...... funny they NEVER did talk to Highland Council like they said they were doing regarding this money and the new school. If they were it certainly wasnt with someone in the know as I remember asking at the time.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Not sure if this is the right bunch Wick Academy Development Fund SC032787

but it worth a look

make of it what you will

http://www.oscr.org.uk/search-oscr/c...032787#results

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Not sure if this is the right bunch Wick Academy Development Fund SC032787

but it worth a look

make of it what you will

http://www.oscr.org.uk/search-oscr/c...032787#results
    Its them you got the right ones not fundraising anymore just sitting on the money raised from the public.

Sounds like they need a little encouragement from the charities Commision to make sure they are actually discharging their duties properly

Unless anybody has any objections I shall put out a few feelers and see if there isn't a way of encouraging them to do the right thing in a timely fashion.

Maybe be a little higher profile exposure of this issue rather than the org would be beneficial.

If anyone has any relevant information regarding this please feel free to drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Its them you got the right ones not fundraising anymore just sitting on the money raised from the public.
    I'd suggest complaining to the charity first do it via recorded mail and keep a copy.

If you receive no suitable reply in a timely fashion then use the link provided to make an official complaint.

http://www.frsb.org.uk/donors/

If sufficient people are aggrieved by this charities behaviour and feel that no satisfaction is forthcoming a little press exposure never goes amiss.

You can always use political forces to bring a bit more pressure to bear.

They have been reported to OSCR by several members of this forum. It ran in the local press for a little while. John Thurso MP became involved and still nothing. They stuck two fingers up at everything and kept the doors closed. They never publicly advertise their AGM no one has a clue about whats going on. Letters recorded delivery have been sent to them on occasion asking for details they only give out the minimum they are required to and even then if I can remember theyasked for a fee to do this....its not as thought he committee are overworked in their daily running of this charity. This was a high profile charity with many local people having bought their cards when they used to be on sale including myself as they used to be on sale in the hospital canteen. Its a disgrace.

I shall do some digging and a bit of rocking in appropriate places see if a bit of leverage won't help a bit. I feel this might be a good cause to allow some of my more tenacious tendencies to vent on.

They can't stonewall forever and have to do something.

I've placed an official complaint in with FRSB to start the ball rolling

I wonder how long it will be before a 'committee member' complains to de management and has this thread closed again
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Doesn't really matter if they do complain or not it's all a matter of public record now informations has been passed to the relevant people and new pressure shall be applied in ways and forms they won't appreciate.
    They have legal obligations to fulfil all that is required is a tenacious longer term more imaginative approach to be used to bring them to a fully legal account of themselves.

Any information regarding letters sent and not replied to, phone calls , information requests would be appreciated

BT,..." all that is required is a tenacious longer term more imaginative approach"...this thread started in 2010.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Yes it started in 2010 and so far it's failed to achieve anything so a new method is required.

How about multiple requests from people who are truly concerned as opposed to singular maybe a petition

Here we go folks get signing let's see if we can get the numbers going

https://www.change.org/p/wick-academ...ter_responsive
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 28-Nov-15 at 19:16.

I have also contacted OSCR. Rec'd a computer generated reply saying they were in receipt of Complaint.

its past time this was sorted out. Not a great one for petitions but signed this one

I agree however to date no one has ever had any of their complaints listened to or acted upon in earnest disgraceful !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    I have also contacted OSCR. Rec'd a computer generated reply saying they were in receipt of Complaint.
    I have no doubt you will need to contact them on more than one occasion. I see Mr Carter is no longer named on OSCR site as the contact or whatever it is but his neighbour Mr Oswald a few doors down. I wonder if Mr Oswald will be more communicative than Mr Carter if contacted.

Perhaps if we all contacted this Charitable overseer, a message will be conveyed that something should be done. I have asked they look into this Charity, and ensure they do more that take at 'face value' the reasons these monies have not been spent. I saw someone wrote that the collections/charity started in 2002..., quite a while eh!
    Seeing that no money has been raised since 2009, this issue is long overdue.
    I am sure that there is action the Authorities can take. Sometimes these Regulatory Bodies are reluctant to take any action as it could mean bad press for them, but if someone could get a story in the Newspaper, and the reporter being asked to follow this up....Action time.
    I am just throwing out ideas...some years ago I 'contributed' to this venture.
    I move over, to allow those with better knowledge and connections to take the lead.
    Thankx......h
    ps. I am sure said parties are reading these posts. Maybe there is a msg. for them!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 01-Dec-15 at 04:48.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Perhaps if we all contacted this Charitable overseer, a message will be conveyed that something should be done. I have asked they look into this Charity, and ensure they do more that take at 'face value' the reasons these monies have not been spent. I saw someone wrote that the collections/charity started in 2002..., quite a while eh!
    Seeing that no money has been raised since 2009, this issue is long overdue.
    I am sure that there is action the Authorities can take. Sometimes these Regulatory Bodies are reluctant to take any action as it could mean bad press for them, but if someone could get a story in the Newspaper, and the reporter being asked to follow this up....Action time.
    I am just throwing out ideas...some years ago I 'contributed' to this venture.
    I move over, to allow those with better knowledge and connections to take the lead.
    Thankx......h
    ps. I am sure said parties are reading these posts. Maybe there is a msg. for them!

Pleased you are taking this action well done!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."