Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Metalattakk it seems only proper that someone raised the question again. Not having had any answer from 'them' after such a long thread and much prodding 'they' need to realise that there a great number of people who want to know what is going on.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

For such an inactive charity they still manage to have a small amount of expenses ?? How odd. Maybe its for the hire of the huge hall they need for their meetings which are soooo open to the public and sooooo well advertised !!

Or maybe it was successful groups who have applied for funding from this fund.

https://www.oscr.org.uk/search-chari...umber=sc032787

OSCR have never followed up the complaints made a whiley back. Even John Thurso just gets a 'enquriies are in progress' note when he queries how things are progressing.
    £135 000 in the bank, just sitting there, safe. Academy money, no matter what Bawheid Gunn says.
    Meanwhile the committee appear to do nothing to fulfil their obligations.
    Has our favourite Chairman been up to any of his old tricks recently? I notice he was a bit shy when the Groat asked for a quote. and Academy could sure do with the cash.
    So is anyone going to do anything? Or do we just shrug and say 'Ach weel..'?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Default WADF: The Story So Far

Once upon a time there was a wee football club. It wasn’t doing very well, partly because its chairman and secretary weren’t any good. And it wasn’t getting better even though its community supported it through buying weekly draw tickets which seemed to take in a lot of money. But it became apparent that the money raised (collected in ‘The Fund’) wasn’t to be used to make the club better despite everyone thinking that, and both entities having the same name.
    The Fund was even generous enough to give a wee drop of the Club’s own money to help it through hard times (it was because of the crappy chairman and his crappy mates taking all the money for their Fund that the Club was in the plop anyway – also their rubbish leadership).
    And it came to pass that the Club supporters got mightily cheesed off with the chairman and his pals and hoofed them out the door. And lo, to everyone’s disbelief when these jokers went they took the dosh with them, despite everyone involved (except the buffoons on the Fund committee) thinking the money had been raised for the footie club.
    And after a while the regulator came along and, to everyone’s double disbelief, found rubbish management of the Fund but no evidence of wrongdoing. And there was newspaper involvement, the MSP and MP asked questions, there was all kinds of claims and lies and obfuscations but the money (£135 000 and rising) sat in a bank account doing sod all for the community that donated it with the expectation it would be spent on the community. And there it remains.
    What should the community do? Should it demand access to the dosh they donated? (The committee flatly refuse to let anyone else join their Fund, for fear they’ll take the money). Should OSCR (the regulator) finally direct that the Fund committee need to start doing what their constitution says it will, i.e. do stuff for the benefit of the community? Should the community hold an open meeting and demand that the Fund committee stand up, answer for their actions and state their intentions for the community's money?
    Or will the community just shrug and say ‘Ach weel…’?

I have stated it before and I will state it again I very much doubt I will ever see anything happen with this money in my day. I would love to think that all concerned would put aside personal grudges and work together for the benefit of the community. Without thieir donations through purchasing the tickets this fund would have nothing it's only fair that the wishes of the very people who donated their money should be taken into account. Most folk want to see this money released for use why the committee cannot grasp this and act just bemuses me but then I'm just an old man maybe my brains going.
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

'The objects of the Fund shall be to promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick and its environs without distinction of sex, sexuality, political , religious or other opinions by associating with the local statutory authorities, voluntary organisations and inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities , in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure - time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved'

Thank you tub thumper for that information.This being the case I don't think they are following this or maybe their objectives has changed.I heard of a couple of organisations who had applied in recent years for help youth football clubs I believe and they were refused money due to it being kept to build a sport facility. As I have always said we will never see this built notin my day. As time has moved on so has the need for these facilities Wick Academy have invested heavily in their facility now the high school will I believe have excellent facilities all these things happening while this money is lying going to no use.DISGRACEFUL!

Oh dear another year has come and almost gone I am another year closer to my end my question is this any development ?

Apparently there's not many of them left on the 'committee'. Wonder what happens when they're no longer quorate for their annual meeting? But it doesn't matter as someone reckons no-one's getting 'his' money anyway...

Another year gone another year wasted another year this money has benefitted no on .....DISGRACE but hey one day maybe not in my time but one day. I still remember their post way back saying they were going to be talking to the folks building the high school about a way forward guessthe cats got their tongue and they didnt bother DISGUSTING !!

At what meeting did mr G Oswald Rosebank take over from I think was it not Mr Carter Thursi street his neghbour just a few doors along. How come no one else got an opportunity to put their names forward for this prestigous position.

Im gettin fed up with this nonsence the money is doing no good in the bank give it to east end to build a facility that both them and wick accademy can use. I bought these tickets under the understanding that the people of wick would benifit from my donation.Something needs to be done and fast

I agree and have just done something I never thought in all my years I would do. I phoned the charity regulators in person and voiced my disgust with this whole sorry situation. Iwould suggest everyone else now does the same. 01382 220 446 is the number Iwas given to dial.

Default Hello!

Right.

This needs dragging back up, methinks.

Any updates, anyone?

Investment from the fund?
    Payouts?
    Community benefit?

No.
    No.
    No.
    & No.

probably hoping this all dies down and then go on a shopping spree.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Right.

This needs dragging back up, methinks.

Any updates, anyone?

Investment from the fund?
    Payouts?
    Community benefit?
    Come on now Phill seriously you expect them to have done something with all this money fundraised from the public to benefit their egos sorry the public

I recently attended a meeting where discussion took place about charitys hoarding money and this was part of a response from OSCR it made very interesting reading considering the mess that is this fund

We expect existing charities to in some way provide public benefit, and not simply intend to provide it. This means that there must be activity on the part of an existing charity in the pursuit of their stated purposes as set out in their governing document.

In assessing whether a charity actively provides public benefit we will take a reasonable, fair and proportionate approach and acknowledge that different charities will have very different levels of activity. We acknowledge that there may be periods of apparent inactivity in a charity’s existence. However, we expect these to last for a limited time only and expect that charity trustees will explain them in their Annual Report, which needs to be prepared every year and submitted to OSCR.

Hmm cant think when there last was activity from this charity.

I do so love your optimistic thread Phill - Investments, payout, community benefits. I so wish someone would pop along and say well yes and look we have done all this and aren't we wonderful. Of course, they won't, they will just hide as always and tell themselves how wonderful they are.

I issue a challenge to the great 'they' - tell us what is happening!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    I do so love your optimistic thread Phill - Investments, payout, community benefits. I so wish someone would pop along and say well yes and look we have done all this and aren't we wonderful. Of course, they won't, they will just hide as always and tell themselves how wonderful they are.

I issue a challenge to the great 'they' - tell us what is happening!

Hahahahahaha < picks oneself up of floor dusts oneself down and composes oneself >

If the great THEY respond to you veekay Ill be first person to dance naked round whatever it is they propose to do with the cash....when they do it ..... dont think i will need to rush out and tone up my body anytime soon

My word over 140,000 views Im impressed but dissapointed it still hasn't prompted any action.