Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

hey greetings all from the sooth. speaking to ma tv mates here, can anyone remember when the last time caithness was on the bbc watchdog programme?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    away on hols so no update yet.
    Mr & Mrs W ???

hey greetings all from the sooth. speaking to ma tv mates here, can anyone remember when the last time caithness was on the bbc watchdog programme?

Do you think Caithness is ready for Transvestites?

whats this mr & mrs w about? i cant see much on this phone is someone taking the mick or is it the wadf makin threats?

whats this mr & mrs w about? i cant see much on this phone is someone taking the mick or is it the wadf makin threats?
    Dinna let trivialities get in the way of your objectivity. You're the one with the power here, remember.

Get your stick and keep poking the sleeping dog. Poke it hard, and often. OK, maybe the dog will object and try to bite you. So what? It can't justify sleeping for so long. Poke it 'til it reacts. Poke it 'til it squeals.

In fact, poke it 'til it gives answers.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Dinna let trivialities get in the way of your objectivity. You're the one with the power here, remember.

Get your stick and keep poking the sleeping dog. Poke it hard, and often. OK, maybe the dog will object and try to bite you. So what? It can't justify sleeping for so long. Poke it 'til it reacts. Poke it 'til it squeals.

This post reported to the SSPCA

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    This post reported to the SSPCA

Should have maybe reported it to the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Metaphors too.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    I actually like that metaphor, even if you did over-egg it a bit.

Can someone update me please? Didn't get the Courier this week, was there something in it about charity fiddlers getting captured?

Have you had a reply yet, Tubs?

Nothing yet. Expected something when I got back but sadly no.

Does the charities regulatory body set a time period by which a response should be given to an enquiry like his?

I think it's 14 days, but I can't find the reference. Seeing as I've no proof of postage for the request of 5th July, I'll leave it till 14 days after I sent the recorded letter (with SAE enclosed - but no postal order). I assume that £2 postage and an A4 envelope will be enough to cover a copy of their constitution and accounts.

The citizens of the county want to know what's going on with their cash, and bearing in mind yet another charity fundraising abuse in Wick (but no attendant hoo-haa yet) we might be better to hurry it along.

Did you check online to see if the recorded delivery request was signed for? They might have refused it.

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Did you check online to see if the recorded delivery request was signed for? They might have refused it.
    Didn't even know you could do that! More info please?
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 23-Jul-10 at 14:13.

Tubthumper - Glad to see that you have now sent a recorded delivery letter to WADF. Maybe you will get something back now.

PS - Just had a thought...If you print the code on the retained part of the "signed for" label on your next post on this thread, then we can all check on the Post Office website to see if they (A. Carter?) have received and signed for it.

The Archer - even though you're a newcomer, your point is a good 'un. After all, it's ALL those who have contributed to this enormous fund (and all the people of Wick who keep finding they've been duped out of charity donations) that demand to know what's going on with it.

The number is AG911842355GB

For any strangers viewing this thread, life is not always this complicated in Wick. Not all our charitable institutions make it difficult to discover what they're doing with our dosh!

OK so the intended recipient was out today when it was delivered - hopefully they'll collect it from the PO tomorrow morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    OK so the intended recipient was out today when it was delivered - hopefully they'll collect it from the PO tomorrow morning...
    Well well. If they had bin followin' this thread (apparently / allegedly like other members of the committee threatenin' ter go legal) they would have bin expectin' the letter.

I think it's rather rude they weren't on the doorstep waitin' fer it.

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast