Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 941

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sherbets
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Whens the agm for this bunch?
    You're kidding, right?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,482

    Default Agm

    Are all groups/charities not meant to have open AGM which are advertised, most have this in their constitution - wonder when they last held one?

    Anyone able to check the old copies of the 'Groat' and 'Courier' to find when they last did have an AGM or EGM for WADF, or in fact any meeting for WADF.


    perhaps it was held in secret in a telephone box in the middle of the night

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    John O Groats
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Are all groups/charities not meant to have open AGM which are advertised, most have this in their constitution - wonder when they last held one?

    Anyone able to check the old copies of the 'Groat' and 'Courier' to find when they last did have an AGM or EGM for WADF, or in fact any meeting for WADF.


    perhaps it was held in secret in a telephone box in the middle of the night
    Not a Telephone Box may be a Taxi office !

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    What surprises me is that with all the CHEQUES(a Pun) and balances, and the accountability nowadays, it is difficult to understand how a 'charitable organization' can conduct their business in such a way....I thought that particularly in the UK, there is an atmosphere of openess.
    And if not, they could be stripped of their Management of same.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    perhaps it was held in secret in a telephone box in the middle of the night
    in Portgower

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sherbets
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    If someone could get a copy of the WADF constitution, it would be simple to find out what the arrangements for managing the fund are. But we can't. Because apparently they don't respond to requests for such information promptly, if at all!
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 16-Jul-10 at 20:48.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    in Portgower
    It appears to me there is a lot more truth, facts and transparency in the Portgower thread!


  8. #48

    Default

    I don't think the inhabitants of Portgower would stand for it Their reputation's already in tatters, give them some credit.
    Away and haunt a hoose

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    If someone could get a copy of the WADF constitution, it would be simple to find out what the arrangements for managing the fund are. But we can't. Because apparently they don't respond to requests for such information promptly, if at all!
    Tubthumper - I take it that you are still waiting patiently..not, for the documents that you requested? Why not try delivering your letter by hand or by recorded delivery? or did you do that already?

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    John O Groats
    Posts
    108

    Default

    If the WADF do not reply to a request with in 14 working days you just need to report it to the oscr and they can take action under sect 23 of the charity act and have a lot of powers

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sherbets
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
    Tubthumper - I take it that you are still waiting patiently..not, for the documents that you requested? Why not try delivering your letter by hand or by recorded delivery? or did you do that already?
    I must be a half-wit. It never even occurred to me (much like the need to pay an 'admin charge') that a query to a reputable local charity would require proof of posting, so I just stuck a first-class stamp on and lobbed it in the post box.

    As I've still had no response, I might be better to send a recorded one. Although proof of postage is often not considered proof of delivery, it will make any subsequent communications with OSCR as straightforward as possible.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 18-Jul-10 at 10:36.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

  12. #52

    Default

    Since WADF is a charity, you could enclose an envelope and a stamp so they don't have to pay postage to supply the information you requested.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sherbets
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Since WADF is a charity, you could enclose an envelope and a stamp so they don't have to pay postage to supply the information you requested.
    Great idea!
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sherbets
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    away on hols so no update yet.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    away on hols so no update yet.
    This is far more important than your holiday. I suggest you return home forthwith.













  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Between Thurso and Wick
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Is this the start of things or is it a different group of prominent business men wanting to improve things?

    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/wickacadem...st%20news2.htm
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

    Einstein

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    John O Groats
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Is this the start of things or is it a different group of prominent business men wanting to improve things?

    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/wickacadem...st%20news2.htm
    Seems to be the same Jackie Gunn and company that have the WADF on the go.
    Mr Gunn is still not willing to have a AGM by all accounts.
    Is it not Strange that the Weekly draws for all the tickets were held in a Private office all the other football clubs hold there weekly draws in a Hotel or bar in which the public can see what is going on.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Is this the start of things or is it a different group of prominent business men wanting to improve things?

    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/wickacadem...st%20news2.htm

    That was a very interesting read , I was especially intrigued by the WA for change articles, I think the club has come on leaps & bounds since 2003 - it appears to be respected in the community & many fans are re-appearing at the Harmsworth due to the style WAFC play in & the fact the previous chairman has been riddanced.

    Still hasnt explained where the money went though ? New car every year ? It does look shady to an outsider I must admit
    Cmey e Scorries

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    I must be a half-wit. .
    yes indeed mrs thimble but youre doing a good job on this isue at least

    note that the gunn bunch may refuse to sign for the recorded delivery letter

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Between Thurso and Wick
    Posts
    643

    Default

    I may have missed it somewhere but has anyone been in touch with OSCR about this whole debacle. Maybe they know something we don't and if they don't know they can find out.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

    Einstein

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •