Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Whens the agm for this bunch?
    You're kidding, right?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Default Agm

Are all groups/charities not meant to have open AGM which are advertised, most have this in their constitution - wonder when they last held one?

Anyone able to check the old copies of the 'Groat' and 'Courier' to find when they last did have an AGM or EGM for WADF, or in fact any meeting for WADF.

perhaps it was held in secret in a telephone box in the middle of the night

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Are all groups/charities not meant to have open AGM which are advertised, most have this in their constitution - wonder when they last held one?

Anyone able to check the old copies of the 'Groat' and 'Courier' to find when they last did have an AGM or EGM for WADF, or in fact any meeting for WADF.

Not a Telephone Box may be a Taxi office !

What surprises me is that with all the CHEQUES(a Pun) and balances, and the accountability nowadays, it is difficult to understand how a 'charitable organization' can conduct their business in such a way....I thought that particularly in the UK, there is an atmosphere of openess.
    And if not, they could be stripped of their Management of same.

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    in Portgower

If someone could get a copy of the WADF constitution, it would be simple to find out what the arrangements for managing the fund are. But we can't. Because apparently they don't respond to requests for such information promptly, if at all!
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 16-Jul-10 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    in Portgower
    It appears to me there is a lot more truth, facts and transparency in the Portgower thread!

I don't think the inhabitants of Portgower would stand for it Their reputation's already in tatters, give them some credit.
    Away and haunt a hoose

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    If someone could get a copy of the WADF constitution, it would be simple to find out what the arrangements for managing the fund are. But we can't. Because apparently they don't respond to requests for such information promptly, if at all!
    Tubthumper - I take it that you are still waiting patiently..not, for the documents that you requested? Why not try delivering your letter by hand or by recorded delivery? or did you do that already?

If the WADF do not reply to a request with in 14 working days you just need to report it to the oscr and they can take action under sect 23 of the charity act and have a lot of powers

Quote Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
    Tubthumper - I take it that you are still waiting patiently..not, for the documents that you requested? Why not try delivering your letter by hand or by recorded delivery? or did you do that already?
    I must be a half-wit. It never even occurred to me (much like the need to pay an 'admin charge') that a query to a reputable local charity would require proof of posting, so I just stuck a first-class stamp on and lobbed it in the post box.

As I've still had no response, I might be better to send a recorded one. Although proof of postage is often not considered proof of delivery, it will make any subsequent communications with OSCR as straightforward as possible.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 18-Jul-10 at 10:36.

Since WADF is a charity, you could enclose an envelope and a stamp so they don't have to pay postage to supply the information you requested.

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Since WADF is a charity, you could enclose an envelope and a stamp so they don't have to pay postage to supply the information you requested.
    Great idea!

away on hols so no update yet.

away on hols so no update yet.
    This is far more important than your holiday. I suggest you return home forthwith.

Is this the start of things or is it a different group of prominent business men wanting to improve things?

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/wickacadem...st%20news2.htm
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Is this the start of things or is it a different group of prominent business men wanting to improve things?

Seems to be the same Jackie Gunn and company that have the WADF on the go.
    Mr Gunn is still not willing to have a AGM by all accounts.
    Is it not Strange that the Weekly draws for all the tickets were held in a Private office all the other football clubs hold there weekly draws in a Hotel or bar in which the public can see what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post

That was a very interesting read , I was especially intrigued by the WA for change articles, I think the club has come on leaps & bounds since 2003 - it appears to be respected in the community & many fans are re-appearing at the Harmsworth due to the style WAFC play in & the fact the previous chairman has been riddanced.

Still hasnt explained where the money went though ? New car every year ? It does look shady to an outsider I must admit
    Cmey e Scorries

I must be a half-wit. .
    yes indeed mrs thimble but youre doing a good job on this isue at least

note that the gunn bunch may refuse to sign for the recorded delivery letter

I may have missed it somewhere but has anyone been in touch with OSCR about this whole debacle. Maybe they know something we don't and if they don't know they can find out.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast