Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

The post's been and guess what...

No response to my request (as required in law) for information on income, constitution and trustees) yet from WADF at 16 Thurso Street Wick KW1 5LF.

Maybe tomorrow, eh?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Tubthumper, I have read with great interest this thread and your efforts in trying to get to the truth as regards what has become of the £100k + that was collected by this committee from the people of Caithness through the promises of new football stadiums, sports centres etc.

I was part of a group that tried and failed to get some answers 5-6 years ago. One thing I would say concerning your request for information to the Thurso street address is that when a similar request was submitted years ago from memory we eventually got a reply advising there would be a charge to cover admin costs before anything is sent. I think the charities regulator allow such a charge as long as it is reasonable! So you can probably prepare for something similar.

Tubthumper - did you put a postal order in the envelope with your request?

Gollach - No postal order included, I wouldn't expect a local charity to pull a stunt like that!

Allan T - I gather that you never managed to find out what was going on 5 or 6 years ago? Did anyone ever see the report the OSCR made?

Anyway, guess what... you're right, nothing in the post from WADF today. But there's always tomorrow!

Post's just been, nothing again. [Sighs]. But I notice that this thread, with its mere 24 posts, has had over 2700 views. That says to me that a lot of people are interested. And that the WADF 'committee' should be paying attention to what their community is thinking.

So rather than just me banging on about it every day, why doesn't everyone who wants the WADF to reveal what it's doing put a little post on here. Just 'I want to know' would be good.

Never mind being critical, let's just see how many orgers are actually interested in the £100 000+ that we all donated for the good of our community.

(And don't be scared, I'm sure they're good guys really)
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 14-Jul-10 at 10:56.

Is there a time limit whereby they're supposed to give you this info Tubs? i'd suggest they're going to ignore it for as long as they possibly can, given the track record they have.
    Mark me down as having an interest.

I would like to know!

I want to know'
    The world is a system its only how you work the sytem that counts...............

I would like to know to .
    If after a certain time there is No reply from WADF the office of the OSCR will be able to take the matter up on your behalf and get the required answers.

Mark me down as an interested observer.

I'm surprised they have allowed this situation to develop, after all, if they are going to be as obfuscatory about this issue as they would appear, then no wonder people come up with 'worst-case' scenarios.

If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to fear from informing the public.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Default Wick Academy Development Fund

Myself and members of my family have purchased hundreds of pounds worth of WADF tickets in the past, and we would also like to know whats to hide.

I would like to know more as I have also bought many of these tickets.

Its a bit rich that someone from this organisation is watching the org to see what is being posted ( just post something a little close to the bone and Bill will soon get a phone call to prove it ) but will not take five minutes to log on and put people right on what has happened or not to their donations.

The shroud of secrecy just adds to the air of mystery surrounding this organisation.

Default Wadf

Yes Alice it certainly makes you wonder what is going on - everything should be open and above board but having things secret and not answering questions makes me want to question any answers that may be forthcoming and want to know the answer to all and any questions put to the SECRET committee.

I want to know too - when i lived in Caithness i too contributed to htis fund.

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Yes Alice it certainly makes you wonder what is going on - everything should be open and above board but having things secret and not answering questions makes me want to question any answers that may be forthcoming and want to know the answer to all and any questions put to the SECRET committee.
    I remember a few years back when Gunn was promising a new stadium/sports complex, questions were asked about whether land had been purchased,outline planning permission obtained, funding applied for, the cost of maintenance considered etc etc no answers were ever provided and anyone asking these questions were accused of being trouble makers. Years on and still no answers but plenty of money collected.

Nothing in the post again.

Just a thought here.....has anyone made a complaint to the Police at all?...I am sure the Serious Fraud Squad would be interested if there is a hidden agenda.

Default Remarkable Developments!

Amazing news! The overdue WADF accounts have been registered as 'checked' by the OSCR on 9th July 2010.

The entry on the OSCR website shows income of £12 017 for the 2009 period. That means that the fund has raised (as stated income to OSCR, which might not include expenses and remuneration to individuals) £109 916 since 2005! And bearing in mind that it's been fundraising as a charity since 2002 (and giving nothing out whatsoever!), there must be almost double that in the pot! Wow, £200 000 for Wick Sports!

Amazing the effect that the org can have, eh?

However, are we any further forward? We still have no idea what is going on with our money.

We know you're watching this thread, WADF, we have a right to know what you are doing with our money, and £200 000 is a lot of our money, so why not make a good news story out of it? Post on here, write to the Groat, have an open meeting, but for goodness sake STOP treating your community with such utter contempt!!

[EDIT: And remember the reason this is being pursued is because the Wick community were upset and unhappy at being robbed of their Gala charity money, and wish to ensure their donations to WADF are being properly managed - bluntly telling people it is none of their business does NOT inspire confidence!!]
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 15-Jul-10 at 12:57. Reason: Remuneration!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Amazing news! The overdue WADF accounts have been registered as 'checked' by the OSCR on 9th July 2010.

The entry on the OSCR website shows income of £12 017 for the 2009 period. That means that the fund has raised (as stated income to OSCR, which might not include expenses and remuneration to individuals) £109 916 since 2005! And bearing in mind that it's been fundraising as a charity since 2002 (and giving nothing out whatsoever!), there must be almost double that in the pot! Wow, £200 000 for Wick Sports!

Amazing the effect that the org can have, eh?

However, are we any further forward? We still have no idea what is going on with our money.

We know you're watching this thread, WADF, we have a right to know what you are doing with our money, and £200 000 is a lot of our money, so why not make a good news story out of it? Post on here, write to the Groat, have an open meeting, but for goodness sake STOP treating your community with such utter contempt!!

[EDIT: And remember the reason this is being pursued is because the Wick community were upset and unhappy at being robbed of their Gala charity money, and wish to ensure their donations to WADF are being properly managed - bluntly telling people it is none of their business does NOT inspire confidence!!]
    Well said i do not think we will get a Statement from WADF any time soon going by there Track record and comments made by Jackie Gunn in last weeks Groat

Whens the agm for this bunch?

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast