Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Woohoo!! Now how long before we find out if it's a 419er or not????
    419er, what's that Phill?

Was My Darling Clementine not involved with a Minor 419er, before she was lost and gone forever?? Is that what's happened to our cash??
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

419 is the offence committed by internet scammers originating in Nigeria, now widely used to signify a scam of any kind. I'm sure thats not the case here though

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    419er, what's that Phill?
    As DeHaviLand pointed out it's the Nigerian based scams starting with an email offering you a financial dream whilst in reality they'll just be relieving you of all your cash.

But obviously this is not the case here, just my imagination running wild and my inane ramblings once again.

I'll get me coat.....

Ah. Cheers for that Phill & DeHavilland. The post's been, nothing today.

But on another note, today it's exactly one calendar month (31 days) since the article was published on the front page of our local paper, where Jamie Stone MSP made a call for information on the WADF to be made public. What was it he said...?

"I feel it would be in the best interests of everyone if the details of the fund could now be made public. Indeed, I can't see why this should not happen."

They've ignored him, like they ignore everyone else. Except when they're forced to do something. Maybe we should just review that interview...

Mr Gunn, a former chairman of Wick Academy, would not speak about what appeared on the website. "I have no comment to make because I do not read or check what is on the internet but I will have a lot to say at the right time."

Perhaps not to the press, but making comments about this website (and posters thereon) using a spectacular combination of local dialect, a few interesting biological and medical terms, and what can only be described as 'spittle' always has a Right Time in Wick, by all accounts. The community that Mr Gunn's secret society (the WADF) is 'Working On Behalf Of' seem to think that NOW would be a Right Time to start saying a lot, like how much is in the fund and what has he been doing with it.

He explained he has been in touch with the local authority about the project.

Indeed. Of course, that statement could apply equally to a brief conversation in a bar with the bloke that cuts the
    Bignold Park grass, or to a three hour strategy meeting with the Council's Ward Manager. Perhaps the Fund trustees and the Council (elected members and staff) could clarify that one for us.

"The fund's objectives remain the same otherwise we have all been wasting our time and effort in trying to do something for the county," continued Mr Gunn.

Objectives? What exactly were they again? Mr Gunn and his secret chums appear to have achieved nothing at all (except collect a pile of cash, alienate local sports clubs and annoy their community) in over ten years. Perhaps it's now time for the community to say 'Mr Gunn and co, you HAVE been wasting your time and effort. Also wasting the time and effort of all those who sold your tickets in good faith, and of all those who gave you money to build a sports facility. So why not stop wasting our time, tell us how much is in the Fund, and then let someone else (with decent manners and some actual ability) take up the campaign.'

He also confirmed that no money currently is being raised. "We are not fundraising at the moment but we are hoping to start up again," added Mr Gunn.

Does that mean they haven't got enough cash to do what they haven't planned to do, (like purchase no land, commission no designs or feasibility studies, consult no sports organisations and actually build no stadium)? That they'll have to revert to their sole tactic, ie convincing people to part with their pounds in exchange for tickets (how many made & sold each week...) to have a chance of winning a prize (winner drawn where...) yet again? And what happens if they DON'T start fundraising again?

They've been 'storing' nearly 1/4 of a million of our pounds for years while treating us all like idiots; do they really think, after all the charity scamming that's gone on in Wick lately, that anyone will actually give them MORE money?

Oh deary, deary, dear!
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 09-Aug-10 at 15:56. Reason: 'forced to'.

Default Something to hide?

Well said Tubthumper

Maybe it is also time to remind Jamie Stone it is one calendar month since his speech was reported in the local paper - perhaps he will take further interest and persuade "the committee" to supply the relevant paperwork as requested and paid for by your good self.

Looking forward to reading the relevant papers.

Where's the best place to book for a public meeting in Wick? It will have to have a top table facing the audience, with seats for a chairman (Jamie Stone?), the committee/ charity trustee's representatives (3 off?), maybe 3 for 'interested parties' representatives, plus public seating for maybe 50?

Assembly rooms?
    Easy to find and some parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Assembly rooms?
    Easy to find and some parking.
    Isn't that a bit big? After all, I'm sure not that many people will want to come along and hear the them state their case, in response to questions from the community they're keeping secrets from working on behalf of?

Default meeting place

The Assembley Rooms has many smaller rooms - the Mowat Room which used to very plush, then they have many rooms used for dancing lessons.
    All wheelchair accessible, plenty of parking.

I am sure there will be space available somewhere at Pultney Peoples Project, have not seen buildings but sure there will be accessible rooms for meetings available.

School buildings, quite a few in Wick, all accessible and lots of parking.

The hospital would permit one of the rooms they use for meetings to be hired for a few hours.

There is always the railway station - free of charge, plenty of fresh air, flat surface, seating.

The Trinkie, fairly accessible for the fit, plenty of room and rocks to be used as tables - ensuring no damage will get done if a temper tantrum is thrown.

Harbour area - when you have had enough you can jump in the water or throw them in for a swim as they have not used the money for the swimming pool!

Plenty choices of venue but will "the committee" turn up and answer questions put to them.

Give me plenty of warning and I will try to turn up for this meeting when held.
    Last edited by pat; 10-Aug-10 at 14:55. Reason: additional

Default wadf

the market square next to GALLOWS ?

Default Wadf

Liked the comment - thought it was Riggerboy in disguise.

The person I would like to see convene this meeting would be Ann Dunnet, the Lord Lieutenant of Caithness - she has the experience, ability and the knowledge to be able to get the answers and points needed to clear all this up, leaving no stone unturned and no slug still creeping around leaving a slimy trail - would make no bones about her decisions and opinions (shame Ewan Stewart is no longer with us for that, political incorrectness or legality, he could not care, said what he thought!)

Market Square - yes - everyone can hear and many folk can join in from their drinking dens so ensuring a good attendance at the meeting.

To save any meeting why do Mr Gunn,Mr More,Mr Carter
    ,Mr Widemuch,Mr Wares and whoever is on the commitee of WADF not just go to the Groat Office and Give them the Details of the Funds they hold and let the Groat publish the details.
    This would be the easy way to sort the matter out or is a case Mr Gunn wishes to do it the Hard Way .

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeend View Post
    To save any meeting why do Mr Gunn, Mr More, Mr Carter, Mr Widemuch, Mr Wares and whoever is on the commitee of WADF not just go to the Groat Office and Give them the Details of the Funds they hold and let the Groat publish the details.
    This would be the easy way to sort the matter out or is a case Mr Gunn wishes to do it the Hard Way .
    That's a brilliant idea. That way they could thumb their noses at me and all others on the org, save some face and yet still meet their obligations to the community & the OSCR (and the law) as a charity.

I wouldn't mind, all I want is to know what's there and what (if anything) has been done with it.

(Bet Mr Gunn won't let them do it though!)

Where's the best place to book for a public meeting in Wick? It will have to have a top table facing the audience, with seats for a chairman (Jamie Stone?), the committee/ charity trustee's representatives (3 off?), maybe 3 for 'interested parties' representatives, plus public seating for maybe 50?
    Try here for a meeting place Tubs, Bill Fernie has had this forum set up for a long time, choose one, there are still a few

http://www.caithness.org/telephones/index.htm
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Isn't that a bit big? After all, I'm sure not that many people will want to come along and hear the them state their case, in response to questions from the community they're keeping secrets from working on behalf of?
    The Assembly Rooms have a choice of rooms of different sizes, and one that is ideal for a top table and 50-60 public, so would be a good place to use

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeend View Post
    To save any meeting why do Mr Gunn,Mr More,Mr Carter
    ,Mr Widemuch,Mr Wares and whoever is on the commitee of WADF not just go to the Groat Office and Give them the Details of the Funds they hold and let the Groat publish the details.
    What would they tell the Groat though?

Would it be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but...... ?

Default Tubthuimper

No answer in the post today tubthumper?

Maybe they have run out of ink for copier and your papers will be in the post by end of week!

Well we do have to live in hope! (and as they say die in despair!!!)

Default Surprise!

Hah!

Nothing in the post today.

People of Wick and environs, rise up against these outrageous charlatans! When you see one of them, demand to know why they are treating us all like idiots.

Don't be afraid of them, their defiance is simply that of the blustering bully. They have no defence, they have simply done nothing with our money, because they are incapable!

We want it back, AND we want answers!

Hah!

Nothing in the post today.

People of Wick and environs, rise up against these outrageous charlatans! When you see one of them, demand to know why they are treating us all like idiots.

Don't be afraid of them, their defiance is simply that of the blustering bully. They have no defence, they have simply done nothing with our money, because they are incapable!

We want it back, AND we want answers!
    What a thumper of a thread and post of the century to boot.
    I never thought I would post on here but Ive been following it from the beginning and over the years in the paper and am fascinated.
    I feel quite neutral with no feelings about anything but surely its time this was investigated discreetly and privately by the powers that be?
    And quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    What a thumper of a thread and post of the century to boot.
    It sure is!

The TRUTH will out indeed!