Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

I just had to make the 200th post myself. And 14 000 views! Gosh, that's a lot of interest!

But nothing in the post today.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Maybe allow 14 days from when the cheque is cashed? Was it cashed, did you check your current account?

Now now patience, being that they seem to be very cautious and take time to make sure everything is in order they must be sure that your cheque clears first.

That said you can always check with the bank at the end of the week to see if the cheque has been cashed yet

and the next week and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Has your Neighbour run off with it Peg???

Nah the neighbs are inocent!

Theyre to busy giving each other the evileye.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    That said you can always check with the bank at the end of the week to see if the cheque has been cashed yet
    No sign of it being cashed yet, mind you the internet was down all morning (here at least), and Monday was a bank holiday.

We have to take into account that the 'committee' have jobs just like the rest of us, and it's sometimes not easy to get to the bank to cash a cheque.

Here's hoping for the end of the week though!

This is a good game. Perhaps it could be a surname.

Now, are you suggesting that these people might have the answer, or dropping hints that Mr & Mrs W might get their windows tanned on my behalf? Or maybe you're pointing out that me and my OH have a name beginning with W?

Too cryptic for me, RB. You'll need to be clearer!
    Windows tanned in Hen Court ........Never !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RB 14-20 View Post
    Whatever. If anything 'accidental' happens I'll know whose IP address to direct the (old) bill to.

Strikes me as a bit sinister

Pretty poor standard of threat to be honest. It's always better if the recipient has a clue what the threat refers to.

Or maybe I'm just thick.

Never mind wasting time playing games just get on with providing the information and questions that have been asked on this forum. You have tubthumpers money in fact you have all our money so no more nonsense.

Pretty poor standard of threat to be honest. It's always better if the recipient has a clue what the threat refers to.

Or maybe I'm just thick.
    May be you should watch your Back as the Chairman Mr Gunn of the WADF commitee was mentioned in the Groat Court Pages a couple of months ago for Threating a person whom used to sell WADF tickets for him,.
    This poor man was just sitting in his car at the Traffic Lights when Mr Gunn started on him all over Football i am told.
    If that was not enough he repeated it a couple of weeks later with threats to the man and his brother at the Harbour as they worked on there boat.
    WADF do seem to be nice people to deal with if this is how the Chairman acts.
    I do not know how to post the link to the story in the Groat or i would do so.
    Last edited by bridgeend; 04-Aug-10 at 20:25.

Good grief! I'm all for being passionate about sport, but that takes the biscuit! Are you telling me that the WADF 'committee' chairman, a reputable local businessman and trustee of a once-popular local charity which holds around £250 000* of the public's money, threatened violence on a bloke over football (or related issues)?

Maybe I'd better watch out and back off, I have a family to consider!

But to be honest, I don't think the WADF were behind RB 14-20's posts. It's just someone messing about.

Predicted funds - unverified at this time (accounts requested)
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 04-Aug-10 at 21:19.

The cheque sent to WADF and signed for on 29th July (no electronic POD available) doesn't appear to have been cashed yet. And nothing received in the post either.

But despite the 14-day rule not applying to applications by members of the public, it's good to remember that good old word 'reasonable' and its place in Scots law.

In the meantime, as regards mysterious & possibly sinister posts on here, it's heartening to know that someone finds it desirable to find out all about me . Many of my acquaintances (local & international, current and long-standing) think it's interesting too.

So just to let you know, while I'm getting bored waiting for a response, I've:
    (a) Checked up on processes for legally tracing computer and hand-held device usage should it prove necessary
    (b) Spoken to friends in the Police and Close Protection fields all over the UK regarding possible threats to self, loved ones and property

And it's been pointed out that making vague references onto a public forum is a bit naff.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 05-Aug-10 at 11:23. Reason: Tidied up

So just to let you know, while I'm getting bored waiting for a response, I've:
    (a) Checked up on processes for legally tracing computer and hand-held device usage should it prove necessary
    (b) Spoken to friends in the Police and Close Protection fields all over the UK regarding possible threats to self, loved ones and property

And it's been pointed out that making vague references onto a public forum is a bit naff.
    Having been the victim of threats via computer, mobile and workplace phone calls I can give you first hand advice on this. The person who sent me (via computer) messages was so silly as I couldn't believe how easy it is to trace them once you get the IP number. My one went all the way to the top and they had very serious consequences for the sender as this is something the companies do not like.

Tis' also entertaining when the polis turn up and seize all the computer guff, even more entertaining when they do the computer forensics and find out what else the computer has been used for.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeend View Post
    May be you should watch your Back as the Chairman Mr Gunn of the WADF commitee was mentioned in the Groat Court Pages a couple of months ago for Threating a person whom used to sell WADF tickets for him,.
    This poor man was just sitting in his car at the Traffic Lights when Mr Gunn started on him all over Football i am told.
    If that was not enough he repeated it a couple of weeks later with threats to the man and his brother at the Harbour as they worked on there boat.
    WADF do seem to be nice people to deal with if this is how the Chairman acts.
    I do not know how to post the link to the story in the Groat or i would do so.
    Such behavior is beneath contempt!

Why the threats?

Whats going on here?

Still no sign of the cheque being cashed. The secretary could have banked it yesterday at lunchtime, at his work.

Then again this could just be the famous WADF delaying tactics we've heard so much about. You know, thinking they have a right to anonymity and can do (or refuse to do) anything they like, including threatening folk for daring to ask what's been going on.

I've been checking: There are ways that 'their' fund can be removed from them. There are ways that 'they' can be removed from the running of the Development fund. There are people out here who are able to actually achieve the things their community want from the money they've donated. Unlike the current 'committee' of failures, whoever they are, who have achieved nothing in over ten years and are too scared to reveal how much they've spent while doing it!

There's a reckonin a-coming biys!

Still waiting for the WADF (a registered charity, raising funds on behalf of their community) to bother themselves posting out the information on what they've raised and how they're supposed to operate, to their community as required by law.

Meanwhile, as part of my research into their activities, could anyone with information relating to the WADF 'committee' on:

• Episodes of threatening behaviour or physical contact
    • Use of foul language
    • Refusal to answer a civil question on funds or charity activities

or any other conduct unbecoming a charity trustee, please PM me.

I've followed this thread with interest but never felt it appropriate to post as i dont live there but i have a question Tubs.

Why arent the Community Counsel actively pursuing this "farce" its alot of money and no apparent record of what is happening to it?

Isnt that what they are there for.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    I've followed this thread with interest but never felt it appropriate to post as i dont live there but i have a question Tubs.
    Why arent the Community Counsel actively pursuing this "farce" its alot of money and no apparent record of what is happening to it?
    Isnt that what they are there for.
    I think that when an organisation refuses (often with some choice language!) to reveal its dealings, a small community like ours tends to shrug its shoulders and hope things will work themselves out. In the case of the gala funds it didn't work out. Neither did it work out in the most recent case.

The main questions, for community councils, MSPs. MPs, Councillors, interested groups who could make use of the money, official bodies etc. are "How does a Charity get away with acting in this way?" and "How to separate OUR money from these people?"

There are many people from far afield (and from official bodies) watching this thread; how do you think it makes our community look?

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast