Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    OK, that's a start. Has this individual excelled at some sport? Or are they a well-known local philanthropist?
    Well on that basis , Murray Park , the Training ground of The Rangers FC shouldnt be called Murray Park then should it???.

Sir David Murray Pumped millions of pounds into Rangers FC- he didnt play for the club , didnt manage them , coach them or have too much to do with the way clubs are run(allegedly)

He then built as guided by Dick Advocaat a £14 million pound training complex at Milngavie & it was named Murray Park.

So If if the new complex ever gets built . why not call it after someone local like the biggest contributor or ticket seller or maybe even Fan ??

What about the K.W stadium ?
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
    I've been away and have just been catching up on here. I checked the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005, Chapter 3, Section 23, "Entitlement to information about charities" and there is no mention of any time limit for a response...so i'm afraid that it's neither 14 working days or 14 days. Patience may be required by all !!
    Too tired to look up the link just now but I think that I saw the 14 days mentioned in section 22. It relates to the time the charity has to respond to a request for information from OSCR.

Now that WADF have provided all the information OSCR were needing (as I recall from earlier posts it had been listed as overdue but has since been provided by WADF), it will be no hardship to rattle off another copy and post it to Tubs....especially now he's stumped up £20 for the information.

i no they use to rent a office in grant st wick a couple of years back for about a year they paid 40 pounds a week for this privilage so work it out folks 52 x 40 = 2080 pounds is this a justified exspence as they are such a elite little group could they no have met at one of there houses
    BORN TO BE FREE AND WILD

Quote Originally Posted by phil_moonbeam View Post
    i no they use to rent a office in grant st wick a couple of years back for about a year...
    I wonder what they did in there?

• Write no press releases on their lack of progress?
    • Decide where not to build a stadium?
    • Plan in detail which landowners or other organisations not to speak to?
    • Roll together in £5 notes, while laughing at their secret knowledge?
    • Draw designs for the stadium complex on fag packets

Of course we may be doing the 'committee' a major disservice. They may have the plans and funding waiting only for the final 'go' command. They may have spoken to all the right people, and built up a comprehensive picture of what is needed, what is possible, how to build it and who should run it.

If that's the case, though, why won't they tell anyone else?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    So If if the new complex ever gets built . why not call it after someone local like the biggest contributor or ticket seller or maybe even Fan ??

What about the K.W stadium ?
    The Farquhar Centre... how does that sound?

Or Ian Sinclair, the bloke that is mad for Wick heritage and speaks Gaelic, what about after him?

Or simply 'KW1'?
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 02-Aug-10 at 09:33. Reason: Removed Jacky Gunn

they used it on a monday night for about 3 hrs max 40 pounds a week rent how can they justify that they think wickers are stuiped why arnt they selling the tickets now ? were is the money ? were is the accounts ? why do all who are involved not identify themselves ? why all the secrecy ? and they wonder why people are suspicious

mr carter

mr more

mr gunn

and co

should just own up tell people how much money is left and whats going to happen to it thats all we want to no so no more secrets gents own up tell all
    BORN TO BE FREE AND WILD

Tubthumper- Woah go easy...I'm just sharing some knowledge i've gleaned from reading the charitable laws - that doesn't mean that i've anything to do with WADF.

carry on tubthumper, you're doing a marvellous job and shame on the wadf committee for being so antiquated that they have the nerve to think that public money can be held in this day and age in such a manner.
    so i totally agree with you that they should publically publish the accounts, because if they have nothing to hide and are acting in the interests of the public as oscr states, they should be then an honest person and should have no scuples in coming forth.
    HOWEVER if they are crooked and have used the money to line their own pockets then yes we will probably never hear.
    So come on the committee of the wadf (mind you if they are antiquated and not with the times maybe they aren't aware of this if they not computer literate hmmm!) fess up!!!
    or should we just put a set of stocks somewhere public with pictures of the committee adhered too!

but if you are honest then you could stick me in the stocks for a day in the market square for publically grumping about you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archer View Post
    Tubthumper- Woah go easy...I'm just sharing some knowledge i've gleaned from reading the charitable laws - that doesn't mean that i've anything to do with WADF.
    Sorry mate, getting a bit frustrated here! I shouldn't be taking it so seriously.

Forgive?

Sorry mate, getting a bit frustrated here! I shouldn't be taking it so seriously.

Forgive?
    So what about the comittee that you are trying to coerce into revealing where the money went, their families, Have you wondered about them while you try to dig the hole ?

I reckon the money is still there sitting in a bank somewhere , Id also love to see your face if it is , the reaction would be funny as hell
    Cmey e Scorries

So what about the comittee that you are trying to coerce into revealing where the money went, their families, Have you wondered about them while you try to dig the hole ?
    I reckon the money is still there sitting in a bank somewhere , Id also love to see your face if it is , the reaction would be funny as hell
    Getting bored now are we?

I reckon money is still sitting in a bank somewhere too. I want to know how much there is, what is going to happen to it and why people seem to think they're entitled to keep secrets with public money. And I'd like to know what they've done with it over the years. After all, the individuals concerned have only ever had to keep their community informed in order to prevent suspicion being directed at them and their families. Hard-working, solid businessmen who graft to provide for their families are a joy to have in any community, even if they are a bit glum at times.

And my face will be one of simple satisfaction when all is finally revelealed. Unless it turns out there's been shenanegans going on, where I will be shocked and disappointed.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 03-Aug-10 at 08:47. Reason: spelling

Getting bored now are we?

I reckon money is still sitting in a bank somewhere too. I want to know how much there is, what is going to happen to it and why people seem to think they're entitled to keep secrets with public money. And I'd like to know what they've done with it over the years. After all, the individuals concerned have only ever had to keep their community informed in order to prevent suspicion being directed at them and their families. Hard-working, solid businessmen who graft to provide for their families are a joy to have in any community, even if they are a bit glum at times.

And my face will be one of simple satisfaction when all is finally revelealed. Unless it turns out there's been shenanegans going on, where I will be shocked and disappointed.
    Okay thats fair enough, but I was a tad bored-its all 1 way traffic. I wish they would come out and clarify where the dough is & as I said before I dont think they will
    Cmey e Scorries

The Farquhar Centre... how does that sound?

Or Ian Sinclair, the bloke that is mad for Wick heritage and speaks Gaelic, what about after him?

Or simply 'KW1'?
    Apologies if it is a joke I have missed but doesnt KW stand for kirkwall?
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Okay thats fair enough, but I was a tad bored-its all 1 way traffic. I wish they would come out and clarify where the dough is & as I said before I dont think they will
    Yeah, it gets difficult to maintain interest. They'll surely send the info as soon as the cheque clears, that'll bump the 'wow' factor up a bit.

MrLennie -you're right, KW's the Kirkwall postcode, but KW1 has a certain something... maybe WK?

Maybe we can get a BIG sponsor, call it something like 'The Reebok Stadium'.

call it something like 'The Reebok Stadium'.
    Hmm, has a certain ring to it, but I think its been done

If it has a social club in it, we could call that bit Carter Bar! Oh wait, thats been done too http://www.borders-cam.com/carter-bar/

Yeah, it gets difficult to maintain interest. They'll surely send the info as soon as the cheque clears, that'll bump the 'wow' factor up a bit.

MrLennie -you're right, KW's the Kirkwall postcode, but KW1 has a certain something... maybe WK?

Maybe we can get a BIG sponsor, call it something like 'The Reebok Stadium'.
    How about something local: "The Wick Academy of Sport".

Or is that too close to the bone?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

When the money is eventually found and spent I would like to see our Pensioners catered for. What about one of those Pensioners play parks where they can keep fit with gentle excercise.
    Perhaps the obese people in Caithness could also use it to lose a bit of weight...Now that is the money well spent!!! (When/if you find it).

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    (When/if you find it).
    That seems highly unlikly at this point in time!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    That seems highly unlikly at this point in time!
    Has your Neighbour run off with it Peg???

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast