Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: Wick Academy Development Fund

Dan Mackay has been offered the opportunity to attend the next RBWCC meeting to be enlightend to the facts of RBWCC intervention as a Voluntary Organisation to the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick. This is in compliance with WADF annual report for 2015 and their intention to reconsider their options following completion of the new Community Facilities.

A group is being formed with the intention of refurbishing the King George V park and approached WADF, again totally in compliance with WADF aims and objective available on their OSCR website.

The Hogmanay Party committee have never approached WADF for funding for their 'hooley', nows thats complete 'codswallup'

RBWCC is open to all, next meeting first Monday of October if anyone wants the facts.
    Last edited by Camra; 24-Sep-17 at 18:06. Reason: spelling error
    I kent his faither

The Royal Burgh of Wick Community Council have attempted to get things moving with some questions to Wick Academy Development Fund. A valiant attempt that has been rebuffed -
    The Royal Burgh of Wick Community Council submitted the undernoted questions to Wick Academy Development Fund following a report in the Caithness Courier of 6th September 2017 which quoted WADF Chairman Jacky Gunn as saying "If the Community Council want to write a letter to us with the questions they want answered, we will consider them." the questions were sent to WADF under cover of a letter dated 2nd October 2017 their response dated 10th January 2018 is also shown below.

See the Wick Community council Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/wickcommunitycouncil/

Those are good and reasonable questions. I wonder if, rather than approaching OSCR / HMRC, that answers should be compelled by the court?

WADF / OSCR

I refer to Judith Hayhow’s email to you on 8 December 2017 and am writing with reference to the contact form you submitted online asking OSCR to provide responses we have made in relation to inquiries submitted against Wick Academy Development Fund (the charity).

OSCR continues to have a long running inquiry into Wick Academy Development Fund. We are aware that the charity has raised considerable funds but has not yet used them to further its purposes and that the charity’s 2016 accounts are overdue for submission to OSCR. I can confirm that concerns have been raised with us about the charity and that we do have concerns about its operation. We cannot however discuss these with a third party.

Jennifer Keenlyside | Senior Inquiry Officer | 01382 346870 | jennifer.keenlyside@oscr.org.uk |
    I kent his faither

Time marches on but nothing seems to change except now in default with OSCR for returns -
    https://www.oscr.org.uk/about-charit...s?number=32787

Default WADF Constitution Object as prosed on OSCR

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    Time marches on but nothing seems to change except now in default with OSCR for returns -
    https://www.oscr.org.uk/about-charit...s?number=32787

WADF Constitution Object as prosed on OSCR:

The objects of the Fund shall be to promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick and its environs without distinction of sex, sexuality, political , religious or other opinions by associating with the local statutory authorities, voluntary organisations and inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities , in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure - time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved.
    I kent his faither

I think it's about time people started banging on some doors and demanding their money back. This totally smacks of taking money under false pretences and is tantamount to fraud. not one single penny has been given out to any charity or group in Wick to date and meanwhile they have been sitting on the money for nearly TEN YEARS NOW!!!!!

It does seem to have dragged on a bit, without starting to read this lengthy thread again i forgot what the question was.

Being curious as to why this continues to rumble on, well obviously because no answers are being given, I had a look at OSCR and apparently annual returns were issued on 26th November 2019. No statement of accounts is published by OSCR but income for the account was £2514 with no expenditure. In case anyone is interested.

I assume the figure of £2514 is entirely from interest on investments. As far as I’m aware they haven’t engaged in public fundraising for many years now. When will their lack of action result in bobbies banging on their doors?

Anyone can put the pressure on with the above Charity!

I was hoping someone would do an update in this Fund.
    At a time lime this, their money would surely be welcomed!

Finally something may happen
    Gordon Calder writing in the Groat
    Move to appoint legal official to manage affairs of Wick charity with £140,000 in bank

SCOTLAND's top civil court is being petitioned to appoint a legal official to manage the affairs of a Wick-based charity.
    The move comes after an investigation by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) following concerns raised by John Mowatt, vice-chairman of the Wick Academy Development Fund (WADF).
    OSCR found that the fund – set up to help provide social, leisure and recreational facilities for the town and surrounding area, and registered as a charity in March 2002 – was not acting in "a manner consistent" with its stated aims.

Full story at
    https://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk...n-bank-215303/

Regulator Appoints Manager To Charity Wick Academy Development Fund As Part Of Decade-long Inquiry

The Scottish regulator has appointed a manager to take over a charity as part of a decade-long inquiry to ensure its trustees do not part with its property without consent.

The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator opened an inquiry into Wick Academy Development Fund in September 2010 after concerns were raised about its public benefit, and a failure to make use of its accumulated funds.

Formed in 2002, the charity's purpose is to "provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities, in the interests of social welfare for recreation and other leisure-time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved".

Up until April 2009, the charity raised £140,000 by selling lottery tickets in the Wick community. However, none of the money was ever spent, according to the OSCR.

Full details at https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/12944

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748