Just one of those days.. do you get 'em?

You know, when things are irritating - not big, all important things, just blinking annoying..

Decided to drive over to Wick Tesco - like 'most' of us do.. so out of Strathy, up the brae and onto the nice fast A836 that runs to Melvich.. em, 'what's those signs, says Mrs Beks, as we noticed a couple of A4 sized boards a few inches off the ground, - upon which were laminated (judging by the sheen) sheets with, what must have been maybe one inch high words.. no way of making out what they said - even at 20 mph..
So at Melvich we actually stop the car, Mrs Beks gets out and what does it say? "Drive carefully, sponsored walk in progress" - words fail me..
Oh well onto Haygarth & Sons Gun & Rifle Makers at Dunnet - I'd checked their website and they are open 'Saturday 10.30am - 5.30pm', that's ok, it was now 11.00am.. pulled in, at the same time as another vehicle, where two lads jumped out, to the door and walked back to their car "he's got a bloody sign on the door- closed all day- looks permanent" he says, giving a rather strange gesticulation.. and they drive off with wheels spinning.. Me, more restrained, get Mrs Beks to ring the number prominently displayed "should find out when they are open" I tentatively suggest.. Ah, answerphone?; nope, ah redirected?; nope.. nufin, just a continuing unanswered ring.. How the hell do these people manage to run a business? we remark as we too drive off..

Into Tesco, get in the queue in the cafe there. Being not too hungry, lets have soup; their Minestrone with bread, that'll do me, get to front "sorry no soup left" - Ugh? it's only 11.45! it's a blinking supermarket, how can a cafe 'run out of soup'?.. we retreat and get a couple of sandwiches, sit in the car and watch the fit, idle, lazy, gits take up the disabled parking, run into the store - knowing darn well the "£70" fine is just a lot of hot air and absolutely totally meaningless..

Anyway having stopped at Crask Inn yesterday and had a fine cafetiere of excellent coffee; "tiz Kenco medium blend" the chap declared.. hmm say we 'we'll get some of that'.. Strolling along Tesco isles, nope, no Kenco Medium Blend ground coffee, nowhere to be seen - over to Co-op, nope.. it's not that blinking rare is it?.. but the day was finalised off satisfactory by filling up the car with diesel at 115.9p a litre courtesy of us spending fifty quid.. so not all irritating...