Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Complete Stone Roses - Support announced

Default Complete Stone Roses - Support announced

Always the Sixth will be supporting the Complete Stone Roses tonight in Wick Assembly Rooms.

Some tics still available to purchase from the usual outlets (£16) or pay on door (£18)

Cheers

Default support band for stone roses

Excellent support band ALWAYS THE SIXTH -heard them in Skins and they were brilliant. They did their own stuff too. Worth going to hear again.
    mo

Thanks to all who came along to the Complete Stone Roses on Friday night, it was a pitifully small crowd but the band put on an excellent show as usual.

I hope everyone has enjoyed these gigs in the Assembly Rooms, because that was the last one. Public support just isnt there, we can all go back to complaining that there's nothing to do now....

The band did put on an excellent show and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was a paltry crowd (I'd guess 40 folk??) but everyone had a good time. It's a shame for Music Wicker - I was going to come over and speak to you at the gig as we felt bad for you with the poor turnout. I hope you never made a huge loss???

If you change your mind and have them up again, we'll be back - it's a brilliant night out. Might be an idea to try to tie anything in again with students being home for Summer/Winter??

Cheers and all the best for the future.

Hopefully folk will turn out for B-Fest. Ray Summers band were very good when I saw them in Glasgow this year.
    Last edited by Dusty6; 29-Jun-10 at 12:41. Reason: Mistakes

MusicWicker given your concerns at the lack of support for this gig I have been asking around locally why people especially those who went to the last Complete Stone Roses Show didn't go this time, the answer was whilst they were good first time people weren't prepared to shell out to see the same show again especially from a tribute band.
    Pure and simple no one wanted to see the same thing again so soon after the last show, if you had taken a different band up along the lines of Ocean Colour Scene (but not them again) you would have probably filled the place. So don't give up people, want variety and originality, hell we get enough repeats on TV.
    The word is though that the B Fest is a winner, just pray for sunshine.

I think Mr Cowie hit the nail on the head there..

Too much repetition! Don't give up mate, you're doing a good thing for the country and don't forget..

EVERY promoter takes hits no matter where they live. This weekend they'll be empty halls in Glasgow and London, you can count on it.
    Week will inherit the earth.....