Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: ALEXR DOULL - BRITISH MILITARY

lisaslade Guest

Default ALEXR DOULL - BRITISH MILITARY

My relative Alexr Doull was from Latheron and was in the british military 1815 - 1850s
    He got married to Honara Doyle and had his children outside of scotland.

Does anyone know how I could obtain the information of his marry and the birth of his children?

According to 1841 Census
    He was living in Latheron and had four children:
    Anne Doull
    Alexander Doull
    James Doull
    Donald Doull

Regard,
    Lisa

Peter Guest

Lisa,

My name is Peter James Doull, you must be related to either Robin or Alex Slade, they are my cousins. I too have been trying to research the same relative that you are.

A few months ago I visited New Zealand and went down to Bulls where I saw the grave and headstone of my great great grandfather and his wife. I believe that he was the first Doull to come to new Zealand and he was the first presbyterian minister of Bulls.

If possible I would like to hear further from you as I am interested in any results you may have unearthed into our family tree.

lisaslade Guest

Peter,
    Yes we are relatives, my father is Alex Slade.
    I have a lot of information on the Doull's side of the family, what were looking for in particular? You can contact me at my email address lisas@nztc.ac.nz

Lisa