Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: world cup

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    Can you clarify why you hate the English team so much as you give various unconvincing reasons ie they are not a good team but your posts frequently are littered with childish name calling which could be seen as a form of racism!!!!!!!!

Calling a bunch of haddies- diddies isnt racist. You are just lookin for a way to be offended, its not directed at you either, so stop being a mope
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    Would that be the same Spain that lost to Switzerland??? and are 2nd by 3 points in a far from first class group and could well be shown up by Chile mmmmmm very relevant
    Nah, Epic fail by the Swiss , European Champions win 2-1 over Chile now playing Portuguese on Tuesday.
    Probably 2 days later in the tournament than the England who should be out & back in London by then. But you never know- England have Defoe...
    Cmey e Scorries

Default ahh

Ahh USA out shame................not

Quote Originally Posted by Michael .Sk View Post
    Ahh USA out shame................not
    Not surprised the USA are out, they haven't really been very good overall. A distinct lack of fire-power and some shoddy defending has been their downfall.

Sad to see South Korea depart (as well as North Korea previously). Both teams have shown a laudable lack of cynicism in their play, which to me is entirely acceptable to the modern footballing purist. It's encouraging to see none of these players haranguing refs, diving, or trying to get opposing players sent off. There's an honesty about their play which, in my opinion, needs to be highlighted and congratulated.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

2-0 to Germany & they think its all over...............

Fabio & co pack yer bags
    Cmey e Scorries

2 - 1 now:P

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    2 - 1 now:P
    should be 2-2

Default They think its all over.......

It is now.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    2-0 to Germany & they think its all over...............

Fabio & co pack yer bags

It is now...................

Photographic evidence that the ball definitely didn't cross the line:

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Photographic evidence that the ball definitely didn't cross the line:

There you go! And i bet they will still say it was a goal

Default Did he really say that..

That well known International footballl manager Craig Brown reckons that Scotland "would have progressed at least as far as England" in this years World Cup, if they had qualified More here

In case you have forgotten how close Scotland were to playing in this years tournament, they finished 3rd in their group, 14 points behind group winners and were beaten by Macedonia (who?)

In fact Scotland have never got past the first round of a World Cup finals

So yeah Craig right on, I could have been brilliant Nuclear Physicist if I had obtained an "O" level in Physics
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    That well known International footballl manager Craig Brown reckons that Scotland "would have progressed at least as far as England" in this years World Cup, if they had qualified More here

In case you have forgotten how close Scotland were to playing in this years tournament, they finished 3rd in their group, 14 points behind group winners and were beaten by Macedonia (who?)

In fact Scotland have never got past the first round of a World Cup finals

So yeah Craig right on, I could have been brilliant Nuclear Physicist if I had obtained an "O" level in Physics
    Craig Brown is the 69-year-old manager of Motherwell FC. He's not an international manager.

Get your facts right.

Get your facts right.
    I think you will find that he was the last manager to take Scotland to a World Cup finals.
    Remember 1998, France?
    Scotland finished 4th in a group of 4, and were beaten 3-0 by those giants of football, Morocco

You can buy a copy of Rothmans Football Yearbook 1998/1999 for a 1p from here
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Craig Brown was responsible for some of the worst football Ive ever seen at Hampden Park. Folk speak about Bertie Vogts being bad but Andy Roxburgh & Brown had some really good players & managed to get them to put out some really poor displays- they set the ball rolling for turgid dire uninspiring dross.

Anfield , well said , Brown was a failure .
    Cmey e Scorries

I think you will find that he was the last manager to take Scotland to a World Cup finals.
    Remember 1998, France?
    Scotland finished 4th in a group of 4, and were beaten 3-0 by those giants of football, Morocco

You can buy a copy of Rothmans Football Yearbook 1998/1999 for a 1p from here
    Craig Brown is manager of Motherwell. Per se, he is not an International manager.

Ipso Facto etc., etc.

Craig Brown is manager of Motherwell. Per se, he is not an International manager.

Ipso Facto etc., etc.
    Perhaps then he should refrain from making daft comments about International football

Perhaps then he should refrain from making daft comments about International football
    Definitely! He's been running his mouth off for months now.

Anyway, back on topic: Germany or Spain?

Do the Spanish have enough to trouble the German defence (which is sluggish in the middle?) Will Germany be able to replace the influential Muller with someone of equal pace and directness? Will Torres ever score? Will he even start the game?

First goal will be crucial - if Germany get it (big Mertesacker from a corner?) then they'll be able to sit back and hit on the break (if the Spanish give them a wee shottie of the ball, that is) as is their wont.

If Spain get the first goal, it won't change the game too much. Germany can still trouble the fairly dodgy Spanish defence simply by throwing long balls up to Klose and having Ozil and Podolski feedng off the scraps.

Heart says Spain, head says Germany.

I will go with the Octopus and say Spain.
    Germany have impressed me but Spain have the players, on thir day, to unlock the tightet defence.
    Let's just hope game lives up to expectations for a change

How ironic tat the captain of Barcelona & king of catalonia puts sunny Spain into the world cup final !!!!

You couldnt make it up, wonder if the catalans will be supporting Spain now? What a team Hope they go one step further on Sunday and bury the Dutch. On the other hand , if the dutch win, least we in Scotland can say we were beaten by the World champions - Craig Brown " we had less stocking slipages, more throw ins & corners than them" would agree
    Cmey e Scorries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast