Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: world cup

Was not surprised that goal came from a set piece. Spain played some "pretty" football, as expected when half of team from Barcelona, but sometimes that is not enough. How often have we seen Barcelona dominate opposition but fail to find the killer ball.

Although I don't want Holland to win I have a sneaky feeling that they will.
    Mind you I reserves the right to change my mind if Octopus says Spain!
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Exclamation

Guess you'll be changing it then? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10566287.stm
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Nah, have studied all matches, read all the newspapers, checked stats of all players, heard all commentators spouting on about Spain but I am sticking with Holland ( a little parakeet gave me a tip).
    Incidentally if Spain do win then there will have been only one team that remained unbeaten in finals and that team is.......... New Zealand!
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

That octopus manifestly has a German bias, which is still reflected in this choice of his!

Jij bent de kampioen.
    Wij houden van Oranje.

(You are champions. We love you Orange - orange is what the team is called)
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Shock news: theres going to be an englishman on the pitch in the world cup final!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Shock news: theres going to be an englishman on the pitch in the world cup final!!!
    And six players who either play, or have played for Liverpool.
    Reina, Arbeloa, Alonso, Torres, Kuyt and Babel

And yet LFC can not finish in top 4 of PL

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post

LOL, you're deluded if you think Reina, Arbeloa or Babel are going to be "on the pitch" at any given time.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Yeah, coz LFC got rid of Alonso & it has most definitely cost them since, can they sell Reina next & replace him with Rob Green please ? Oh how good it would be to see them get relegated.

Torres isnt fit at the moment, but when he is, he is probably in the top 3 in the world. but I also think he may be burnt out, Rafa kept picking him before he was fit- hopefully not another Owen.

Viva Espana.
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    LOL, you're deluded if you think Reina, Arbeloa or Babel are going to be "on the pitch" at any given time.
    They are in squad and as such will be on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Yeah, coz LFC got rid of Alonso & it has most definitely cost them since, can they sell Reina next & replace him with Rob Green please ? Oh how good it would be to see them get relegated.

Torres isnt fit at the moment, but when he is, he is probably in the top 3 in the world. but I also think he may be burnt out, Rafa kept picking him before he was fit- hopefully not another Owen.
    Selling Alonso was a big mistake, but this should have not have had such a detrimental effect on the team as people suggest.
    The squad was essentially the same (Arbeloa also went) as that which ran Utd so close in 2009. Man U sold Ronaldo & Tevez and that did not make a huge amount of difference to team, if anything it improved them by allowing Rooney to play as an out and out striker
    I agree that Torres is not fit but such are the demands on modern managers that they will pick players who are injured, Ferguson with Rooney, Wenger with Fabregas etc.
    The World is Orange

[quote=Anfield;734355

The World is Orange[/quote]

Aye Seville Orange hahahaha

Spain
    Champions of Europe

Now Champions of the World

Viva Espana
    Cmey e Scorries

Glad to see a victory for intelligent football (played with skill, patience, control and awareness) over the thuggish brutality of the Netherlands.

Jock Stein was quoted as once saying: "It's so sad to see such gifted players shackled by a system that restricts their freedom to think and to act."

That was the Netherlands tonight, shackled to their kick-them-up-in-the-air tactics. Defeat serves them right. If only the stupid English referee had had the cojones to send off one or two of the Dutch thugs, then justice would have been done and the Dutch would have been thrashed.

Also, strange to think that the tiki-taka system Spain (taken from Barca) use was designed by a Dutchman, Johann Cruyff.

Vamos Espana.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Spain deserved to win. Viva Espaņa.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quite agree that Spain deserved to win but what an awful final.
    With Hollands loutish behaviour, and Spanish players rolling around after the slightest knock and then chasing referee with imaginary "cards" it was a disgrace to football.
    Coupled with an abysmal Champions League final, football will have won few converts this year

Quite agree that Spain deserved to win but what an awful final.
    With Hollands loutish behaviour, and Spanish players rolling around after the slightest knock and then chasing referee with imaginary "cards" it was a disgrace to football.
    Coupled with an abysmal Champions League final, football will have won few converts this year
    Aye & 1 of them played for the mighty Liverpool , Alonso, I think if anyone chased after the ref asking for the red card to be shown they would be very justified- that was a disgraceful foul- it broke one of his ribs!!!

Could England do any better ???? Nah didnt think so. Well just leave it at that
    Cmey e Scorries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234