Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The battle of the bands competition

Default The battle of the bands competition

The battle of the bands competition is scheduled for tonight in Wick. It is an honour for me to be asked to take part in the judging of this event, and I am looking forward to performances from some of the up and coming local talent. Best wishes to all taking part, it should be a fun evening.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Thumbs up

The Wick high school battle of the bands competition was a great success. Well done to the organizers, and all who participated in an action packed evening. Winners on the night were Liquid blue, featuring the talented Catriona Leighton on vocals and guitar, 2nd place White noize, and 3rd place went to Beaver cleavage.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Beaver Cleavage deserve a prize just for the name LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Naefearjustbeer
    haha , i was just gonna post the exact same thing!!! quality!!

yeah, liquid blue are good like!!
    www.pearlofage.com - Timelapse & Cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by Naefearjustbeer
    They did, they got third place.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Quote Originally Posted by DOC ROCK
    Winners on the night were Liquid blue, featuring the talented Catriona Leighton on vocals and guitar
    Why single her out for special praise? It was a group effort.

i think it was a song written by her that is why her name is singled out

People might see this as a harmless piece of fun, but these (BOTB) competitions send out the wrong messages to young bands. Why not bill the concert as a showcase instead? That's what they used to do when I were a nipper.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    People might see this as a harmless piece of fun, but these (BOTB) competitions send out the wrong messages to young bands. Why not bill the concert as a showcase instead? That's what they used to do when I were a nipper.
    I can see your point. However, when I were a lad I went in for these BOTB things too. I was like 'a gigs a gig' but there was also the prize money involved. £150 quid for 1st prize was a lot of money to a group of schoolkids (think of all the bottles of White Lightning that could buy!!), plus at school-pupil age, BOTB comps are just meant to be fun and the school would probably take in a lot of money too which pays for better equipment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Why single her out for special praise? It was a group effort.
    Indeed all the musical performances were all group efforts, however, within my own experience involved in many aspects of music over the years, it is apparent to me that most of the non-musician percentage of an audience cannot listen and absorb every instrument separately as most musicians can. Most of your audience are listening to the front person/lead singer, especially within the pop genres of music. Within the high standard of the acts on the night, I thought that she was the best front person of the night in my opinion, and thought she was worth mentioning.
    Asinus asinum fricat

No-one had the stage presence at the Thurso BOTB as erm how can i put this? 'Flamboyant?' as Jeid.

Are u still into cross-dressing Jeid?

Hell yeah man, these thongs are really starting to hurt a bit though.

I wasn't even the front man and I stole the show!

Yeah man, I dont think you'd get away with it now though. I mind the kilt incident along with ripping the tinfoil 'special effects' down

Quote Originally Posted by DOC ROCK
    Most of your audience are listening to the front person/lead singer, especially within the pop genres of music. Within the high standard of the acts on the night, I thought that she was the best front person of the night in my opinion, and thought she was worth mentioning.
    yeah mabey so, but she wasnt the best front person there, although they saouded the best the lead singer from "white noize" had the best front man by far. he moved around at least?

aslo, thurso bands arent as open as the old days, thogh last year i worse just girls knickers at the battle of that bands, even then i was copying jied, so there you go

Jeid wore the bra to ! lol

and a wig if my memory is correct?... Does the natzi have anything to say? lol
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Yeah, I do actually.

It should be TOO!

I had a mini skirt, a bra and a long blonde wig. I am very proud of that. Someone must have a picture of it somewhere?