Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drum Kit Help

I'm thinking more for advertising man. The gig is 5 weeks away? Should be advertising this so people are aware its on. Sooner that happens the better.

I hope a lot of people go!

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    damn straight............that's why most festivals hire from companies that are insured against that sort of thing

however it stands to reason that by the time 10 (approx) different drummers have bashed their set out there will be damage to the heads...........if one is worried about one's kit don't let people use it. Fortunately the kind gent that is lending his kit has stated that he doesn't mind heads being battered as long as the players bring their own cymbals, snare & kick pedal is advisable as well

Thankfully there won't be 15 bands turning out & I know that 2 of the acts don't use drums
    Should have mentioned my kit was only used for 3 bands, one of which I was playing in. All the head damage (musical and other!!) was inflicted by the third drummer. HEAVY player indeed.

As I said - Lesson learned the hard way (as always!!).

I usually think it curtious to not overly abuse anyone elses musical gear.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    Should have mentioned my kit was only used for 3 bands, one of which I was playing in. All the head damage (musical and other!!) was inflicted by the third drummer. HEAVY player indeed.

As I said - Lesson learned the hard way (as always!!).

I usually think it curtious to not overly abuse anyone elses musical gear.
    indeed not, it's hard to change "the way I play man" courtiousness tends not to come into it which is why people are hesitant about lending gear & hire companies generally have raxxed gear, split cymbals, grissly speakers etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    indeed not, it's hard to change "the way I play man" courtiousness tends not to come into it which is why people are hesitant about lending gear & hire companies generally have raxxed gear, split cymbals, grissly speakers etc etc.
    I'll bear this fine advice in mind next time you need to borrow my monitors chobbers!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    I'll bear this fine advice in mind next time you need to borrow my monitors chobbers!!
    just you do that............what are you implying anyway??

MWAHAHAHA
    watch it or I'll break your leg, again
    Last edited by Chobbersjnr; 06-Jul-06 at 22:13.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123