Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Kit Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    I was thinking about slot times, length of set.

10Million pedal rig? pft, one pedal, a tuner and thats it. If Moncur's cab is on stage, then I'll plug my head in as well. That should be it really.

Bey, haha...
    Dont forget the wireless system too!

Out of curiosity, is this gig gonna be licensed?

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    Dont forget the wireless system too!
    Wireless system? Nah, no point, I ain't Slash. Plus, I always noticed a considerable drop in gain when using those things. 6m is enough to move around with.

Ooooh ooooh oooh we also need a tommy lee/ slipknot stylee hydraulic platform for the drums to rise up over and into the crowd and spin about if possible please! And we also want a bon-jovi style harness thing so that bones can 'fly' around the stage while doing his solos.

I think that is all for now. Thanks :-)

Haven't we all forgotten about the most critical element!

"The green room" - must have one of those.

Well stocked with nibblets and bubbly . . . .

As an artist, one must be pampered and respected so the creativity can flow during the performance darling . . . !!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

I've got a green gazebo if thats any use? anyone got a velvet rope? I can get a bouncer mate to stand outside the gazebo and check 'the VIP list'.

I reckon we should also come up with a decent name for this rather than 'e gig at e dammies in August'

I like 'P in the Dark'

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    Haven't we all forgotten about the most critical element!

"The green room" - must have one of those.

Well stocked with nibblets and bubbly . . . .

As an artist, one must be pampered and respected so the creativity can flow during the performance darling . . . !!
    Absolutely. It's par for the course. I reckon all bands should be sending in their rider demands right now. Reminds me of a story that happened a year ago (yawn everybody)...

My band, at the time, were supporting the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at the Liquid Room, in Edinburgh. Unbeknownest to us (the support band), since the last time we played there the support acts were now given a dressing room of their own upstairs to the back of the hall. Anyway, when we got down to the Liquid Room, we all piled into the headliners dressing room at the back of the Liquid Room: a tiger-fur-imitationed-adorned room complete with a showerroom and a fridge bigger than Kevin McGillvary's bowg (sorry Kev, I'm making a point here). The first thing we said was how nice the Liquid Room were treating us, as there were bottles of Jack Daniels, champagne chilling in a bucket full of ice, and some quality French organic margarine on show. Classy or what for the Thirsa chiels, eh? So, being the freeloadin' pigs we are, we dived into it all. Two minutes later in walks Jon Spencer and his cronies. At that moment, the promoter walks in to say we're in the wrong dressing room as I'm swigging a JD and coke, stuffing my pung with French mussels. Worse, my guitarist stumbles out of the toilet after doing a number two. What a way to treat your idols, eh? To be fair to the Blues Explosion, they didn't bat an eye-lid. In fact, they asked us to stay and a good time was had by all. So, aye, anyway, Green Room. Get it sorted Thurso Town Improvements. It wouldn't kill you to get some pancakes and syrup, now, would it?

Can we get some lap-dancing poles too? doesn't have to be anything swish like, clothes poles or bus-stop poles will do.

Hey i've just had a great idea. lets do the gig on the saturday night on a float during the gala! We can rock out whilst being transported around the circuit! Thus eliminating the need for the pipe band! Sorry folks im having an awful boring friday at work and need something to do.

O yes - I remember some of the Edge of the World rider demands. (Ahhh fond memories - NOT)

Specifying the likes of: the flavour AND manufacturer of CRISPS!! Also very specific about cigarette varieties etc. Of course we ignored all this completely, gave them a food voucher, and pointed them in the direction of the nearest burger van . . . . !! (there were happy enough).

Most bands I think expect NOT to get much (if anything) on their rider and I feel respect you more if you don't pander to it anyway. It is nice to be bought a pint though.

There's a classic scene in "Spinal Tap" where the slightly dim (most guitarist are!!) lead guitarist has problems folding/eating his nibblets in the dressing room. Check it out. Hillarious.

The standard rider for support groups 'in the city, man' is £50 and 24 bottles of Rolling Rock lager. If you're lucky a packet of Doritos might be thrown in, too. Should have seen the day Ice-T came to the Liquid Room. Now there's a rider story for the future.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    There's a classic scene in "Spinal Tap" where the slightly dim (most guitarist are!!) lead guitarist has problems folding/eating his nibblets in the dressing room. Check it out. Hillarious.
    what you trying to say like.................

BTW that is a class scene indeed

oh aye & lead guitarists are all the dimmer for putting up with awkward drummers

Dim guitarist? Maybe we should dig out the drummer joke thread??

Oooooh oooooh i got me a new 4x12 the other day so il be lending that aswell at the gig!

Last time I made my drum kit available for general usage I had to replace EVERY drum head. (including the kick drum!!!)

It cost me £70 to replace (and that was nine years ago prices!!).
    NEVER again I'm affraid. That was the end of my generosity . . . . . .

Be warned.

Could you imagine ALL 15 bands turning up at the Thurso Music Fest with drum kits. I'm sure Chobbers or his soundies wouldn't be too impressed sorting that one out.

We don't even know if 15bands are turning up yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Could you imagine ALL 15 bands turning up at the Thurso Music Fest with drum kits. I'm sure Chobbers or his soundies wouldn't be too impressed sorting that one out.
    damn straight............that's why most festivals hire from companies that are insured against that sort of thing

however it stands to reason that by the time 10 (approx) different drummers have bashed their set out there will be damage to the heads...........if one is worried about one's kit don't let people use it. Fortunately the kind gent that is lending his kit has stated that he doesn't mind heads being battered as long as the players bring their own cymbals, snare & kick pedal is advisable as well

Thankfully there won't be 15 bands turning out & I know that 2 of the acts don't use drums

Do we know all the bands playing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Do we know all the bands playing yet?
    there will be a list of bands posted soon. According to communications had with the organisers decisions/confirmations are still happening

patience Jeid, patience

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast