Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Kit Help

Default Drum Kit Help

Does anyone have a 5 piece drum kit (Pearl Export or similar) they would be prepared to lend/hire to Thurso Town Improvements for 13th August

Really struggling to hire anything from companies and we need it so the band changeovers at the Music festival are quick

Also if anyone has a 300w Base amp and/or 250 w guitar amp it would be handy too!

Or if anyone knows where we could hire it from let me know

Help - getting desperate!!

If any band who offered to play at the music festival in August at the Dammies has not been contacted within the last week could they email me on Graeme@thurso.org Unfortunately we lost a lot of email addresses due to PC meltdown
    Cheers

mate you really need a 100 watt guitar amp getting a 250 is more complicated
    good luck in your search for some1 to give you a loan of a kit.

Where is this festival takin place and can anyone go and watch

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Gogglebox
    Also if anyone has a 300w Base amp and/or 250 w guitar amp it would be handy too!
    300watt bass amp & 2x50/100watt guitar amps I think ,ay be closer to the punch............

Have you tried Banana Row in edinburgh???

they are rehearsal rooms but they hire equipment as well

I hired cymbals from them in the past

Surely all the bands taking part would come forward and offer to share backline? I imagine there's approx ten bands playing from the local area, so surely no-one up there is that selfish. No? This is how it's normally done in any multi line-up bill down in this neck of the woods: Before a gig the promoter sends out a block email to all bands so they can organise it amongst themselves to bring one item of equipment each. And so long as drummers follow the drummers' code - bringing their own snare and cymbals - it surely shouldn't be that hard finding the rest of the hardware. I don't want to wee in anyone's chips, but shouldn't this have been organised three months prior to such a big event?

There are plenty of hire companies in Inverness, but, considering that the Belladrum festival is on the same weekend as the Thurso concert, it won't be easy. Again, I don't to upset the balance, but a little foresight into this should have been taken into consideration. Far as I know, a lot of people are headed to Belladrum.

Anyway, Banana Row is a good hire company. It's affordable as hire companies go, but you'll probably need to hire a van for it as well. Speak to Craig:

Banana Row Music Services
    47 Eyre Place
    Edinburgh
    EH3 5EY
    tel - 0131 557 2088
    email - info@bananarow.com
    Last edited by The Pepsi Challenge; 20-Jun-06 at 22:02.

man what's this in my chips....................

you're talking sense there senor softdrink

Im happy to lend my bass amp, think its 160w but we used it at the open day in december and it was loud enough without being micd up.

I was actually discussing this with jeid the other day, we thought that the guitarists might be picky when it comes to using amps (everyones gonna want to use their own as thats the only one they know how to work). Would it be easiest just to have 2 cabs on stage all day and guitarists take their own amp head to plug into the cabs? Im happy for other folk to use my amp and cab all day if need be.
    Last edited by moncur; 21-Jun-06 at 08:43.

Oh and il give a mate a shout about borrowing a kit.

Not everyone has a guitar Head. But the option of using a cab is a good one.

a cab would be good & a combo for rhythm..............

if anyone has ever done festival/open air type events it is generally par for the course to use what is there to save to much naffing around between bands

when it comes to the open air multi band gig one puts up with & plays....................9 times out of 10 guitarists use overdrive/distortion boxes & the amps usually have such things as tone controls

Heck I saw a bassist using an HH guitar combo..........yeah no kidding................the front of house sound was great....................because the amp in that situation serves as nothing more than a monitor for the player. If the amp sound is to loud then "it gets turned down in the PA mix"

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    Im happy for other folk to use my amp and cab all day if need be.
    good lad......................

My old cab! Nice, that thing sounds good, I'd plug my head into that!

Out of curiosity actually, what bands are playing?

I should have a full and complete list within the next day or so and will put it on here

Thanks all for the assistance with the kit, im chasing everything up at the moment

Ta

You planning on having a meeting with the bands at any point? To explain the details etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    My old cab! Nice, that thing sounds good, I'd plug my head into that!
    Ah yes ye olde marshall cab! As sponsored by top joes (only Jeid kens what im on aboot!)

Is it still sponsored by Atticus as well?

You planning on having a meeting with the bands at any point? To explain the details etc?
    I'll be in touch with the bands with all details

It would be near impossible to get a meeting with everyone so everything will probably be done by email
    But you will get full details and the chance to ask anything that you want

Think we have the drum situation sorted out - -thanks for the help all

Need to check with chobbersjnr to see if he is happy with the amp situation as i dont really know anything about that side of things but
    cheers everyone for helping us out - will update soon!

c'mey bey, what details

you have a slot time.....................you turn up, set up your 10 million guitar & pedal rig & rock out

that simple.......................or it should be anyhoo

I was thinking about slot times, length of set.

10Million pedal rig? pft, one pedal, a tuner and thats it. If Moncur's cab is on stage, then I'll plug my head in as well. That should be it really.

Bey, haha...

Is it still sponsored by Atticus as well?
    Oh yeah still sponsored by them too i forgot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast