Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many people out in caithness are into HEAVY METAL

Painkiller, i have 7 or 8 Stratovarius cds, the best ones are 'Destiny' 'Infinite' & 'Visions', you wont go wrong with any of those, check em out.

Zappster works on the rigs so he's prob offshore.

Where did you see the video for 'Primal Fear'??, i love that band and 'Devils Ground' is a fantastic slice of old school bullet belt metal.
    Ralph Scheepers, the singer from 'Primal Fear' used to sing for 'Gamma Ray' the band that 'Kai Hansen' started when he left 'Helloween' at the end of the 80's, you should check out both those bands, they are right up your street

Giz

Default Re: Metal eads

Quote Originally Posted by Technotrance
    wheres all da technoheads
    Probably in Ibeefa minced oot thur heeds on eckkies

Mr Dog Guest

Default Metal heeds!

just became aware of this thread, lots of cool bands mentioned!
    good to see bands like nuclear assault and twisted sister get a mention!
    love nuclear assault, they've reformed,hope they tour over here, saw them years ago in london, they rooled!!
    got tickets for twisted sister in august, should be a real blast for all the S.M.F.s
    love old school metal, glad its back big style!!
    anyone heard of GWAR?

Painkiller Guest

Gizmo

I've heard of all them stratovarious albums you mentoined but didn't know which were better. The singer from that band is great.

Ralp sounds so much like Rob Halford!!! He tried out for priest and would of got the job is Tim Owens wasn't found like he was. Check out this interesting web site on the ripper and singers who were in the running for the job. http://www.jpinfo.tk/ click on the jugulator and then demolition album covers to find out what i was meaning, then you can check out the others if you wish.

O i got this cool dvd that no many people have i have primal fear video for "metal is forever" which is great, hammerfalls on it with "Always will be" Stratovarious "I walk to my own song" Iced Earth "The reckoning" Loads of others like machine head"imperium" destruction, nevermore "enemies of reality" Etc got 50 videos on 2 dvds"!! Powermetal manily so i'm chuffed.

Have you heard much of BLAZE's albums?

Default Re: Metal eads

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    Quote Originally Posted by Technotrance
    wheres all da technoheads
    Probably in Ibeefa minced oot thur heeds on eckkies
    pmsl gizmo

Im surprised they didnt delete that.

Painkiller Guest

Hey

Anyone heard the rumour about Iron Maiden playing in Iraq for troops? Be crazy that would hehe. I mind on the news when the war broke out on nbc they interviewed US soldiers and they said they were going to play metallica Kill em all as they went to war and they did too!! The brittish played Blaze Kill and destroy well some of them did as they asked the messiah to come play.

Not much happening in the metal world lately, wounder what DIO's new album going to sound like!! Anyone out there found any really cool bands lately to tell the rest of us about?

Painkiller Guest

"Faster than a bullet terrifying scream enraged and full of anger hes half man and half machine"

Been very quite here where have the metal heads gone to? Whos got motorheads new album? Kreators live keration cd/dvd set is awesome, violent revoultiouns is great song, phobia is ace.

Gizmo why ain't you replyed in a while?

Painkiller Guest

Hey I'm totally excited i've just heard a classic album that only just came out yesterday!!!!!!! It blows the crap out of anything in the last 15 years!!

Am talking about the new MEGADETH album the system has failed. Its blows all there albums away even rust in piece. Better than any metallica album from justice onwards. The songs are really heavy and thrash for megadeth standard and daves voice is on superb form and the guitar work is so good i can't explain how great a player he is. Go out and get this album it is a must of and best cd of this year. Go check out Megadeth at there best.

Dear Dear Dear,

Not one mention of Helloween,

Tut Tut Tut

I am so miffed.

Honest.

I still miss my ex, but my aim is getting better...........

Yep the new megadeth is the best thing mustaine has released in years

Helloween ..I gave up after pink bubbles go ape or whatever it was called it was rubbish anyway..but aye you canna beat the keeper of the 7 keys/1/2/walls of Jericho etc they were klass

Painkiller Guest

Yep Megadeths new album is really great. Shame thats its megadeths last ever record as dave as stated that his next album is going to be a solo release. Whos going to see Metallica Some kind of monster and the pictures this week? Helloween, they were great on keepers of the seven keys, went abit crap when the original singer left. I heard that the classsic lineup are reforming to make keepers part 3. Anyone heard the new DIO album? Its all happening with these days with saxon new album doing well too. Can't wait for judas priest new album.

led_pighp Guest

Default re

used to shred out alot of megadeth and tallica years back but gave up on it and focussed on learning blues

Just spotted this thread, apologys didn't read all the replys..

But bands I listen too are:-

Metallica, Faith no More, Nirvana, soundgarden, Pearl Jam and the like..

Got a Wolfsbane album on record with that song on it, 'Little Cathy Wilsons place' think it was called..

Like other stuff too but depends on what mood I'm in..

im into guitar widdlers ,lynch,malmsteen,satch,vai,r rhoads,z wylde,its cool stuff to play on banjo

KILLARRIFTS thats exactly the same as my tastes in geetarists Gilbert/ Lynch/Rhoads/Wylde/Vai/Jake e lee/Yngwie/van halen/Zappa all are godz!!

Gilbert is awesome, probably the most technically gifted guy out there, some of the stuff he plays is just mind blowing. But dont forget people like Impellitteri, friedman, Becker etc. And there's guys out there like David Valdez and Joe Stump that are pretty amazing too

Kev

Plastic Food

Flaming widdly diddly nonsense ......geez a beeg fat riff instead, James Hetfield and Scott Ian are the boys for those

And anyway, Jazz guitarist Stanley Jordan puts all of those guys to shame....now that boy can play some geetar

Giz

Jizzmo this is a metal forum please start up another forum for all your Jazz loves inc danger danger

Painkiller Guest

Oo its back to guitarist again , vivian campbell, dave mustiane, jon shaffer, kk downing, glen timpton, dimpag darrel, robert flyn, kerry king, doug aldrich, etc loads of great guitarists out there. Thats with out the maiden boys, exodus, kreator, anthrax theres so many.

I just recently purchased Judas Priest Jugulator cd and i'm amazed people didn't like it! Has anyone else here got it? Tell me what you think of it?

ctbass Guest

Im into heavy metal big style! im a die hard Machine Head fan!!!!!!!!!! total love'em - saw them at the Barrowlands couple of weeks ago.
    Mudvayne,Tool , Caliban-(met the band before!also have met God For Sake),Metallica, Damage Plan, Alter Bridge, a bit of Killswitch, Taproot, 18 visions, Anthrax ... all that kinda bands

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast