Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many people out in caithness are into HEAVY METAL

PAINKILLER-Vivian Campbell .Yep she was good on holy diver/the last in line but she couldnt even come near Pablo Gilberto
    (incidentaly the youngest ever tutor in GIT(guitar institute of technology) America & a Dean of GIT Japan)
    COME ON MAN!! Your talking about someone you openly admitted in this forum, that you hadn't even heard of before.
    PM Me mate & i'll get some stuff burned on cd for you that'll make you change your mind!!

aye GUITARZAN they're eh kiddies!

Painkiller Guest

Hey perhaps he's as good as malteem as he's mental axe player. What about steve vai and joe santarani!!!

Aye painkiller he's in the same league as vai/satriani/Yngwie/Lynch(he has had his own production model guitar for Ibanez for the last 13 years as well!)

i saw metallica for e first time at leeds festival last year they were amazin! they played most o the old stuff, black album, AJFA, MOP etc......thank god, man i miss the solos!

paul gilbert is an ace axeman, he plays like a demon, i havent heard much o his stuff but what i have heard is good lek... vai an satriani are e kiddies too, but there's a lot to be said for zakk wylde, he is a guitar hero, just look at the man!

Aye Guitarzan Metallica's bonny n good live ive seen them 5 times Edinburgh'88,Glasgow'90,Donington'91,Milton Keynes bowl '93& Glasgow Barrowlands '95
    & every time they've gotten better & better but ahll always be seek that ah never went to see them way Anthrax supporting in Edinburgh on the MOP tour

Quote Originally Posted by Floodland
    I
    HIM aren't bad, (As mentioned above) but to endure a whole festival for a day just to witness one band seems dedicated indeed. Mind you, they "Love Metal".. Errr.. *Air guitar*..
    It's lucky they were first on the bill.

Him are purdy good,They seem to have gained a massive following all of a sudden!
    Our band is covering their cover of wicked game!!

Wicked Game isn't an original HIM song. They covered it from Chris Isaak. The original version can be heard during the infamous Ross and Rachel scene in tv show Friends. HIM have picked up a lot of media attention recently. A lot of it's down to CKY. All the promoting done by Bam Margera. Since then all the mtv's and kerrang crap have started playing them.

Donnie please re-read my last post . I said my band is covering THIER COVER of wicked game!
    check this out
    www.pintsizerocks.com

Its Paul Gilberts new punk(ish) band .Their version of Paula Abdul's Straight up RAAAAAWWKKSS!!

Don't be rude and if you're going to shout make sure you have spelt the words properly first of all. I was simply giving more information.

Sorry Donnie ah didna mean to sound rude ..just thought ye hedna noticed that i had said it was a cover & yes ma spellings atroshiis!!

Painkiller Guest

You guys still on about HIM!!! The goth rockers from Finland. Wheres all the metal gone? Zappster why don't you cover Stand up and shout by dio that'll be cool, or Burn in hell by judas priest! Get some real music going. Rising force by Malsteem is amazing, have you got that album?

Just if you're interessted here's the new Priest set for there tour of the USA this summer:

Hellion
    Electric Eye
    Metal Gods
    Heading Out To The Highway
    The Ripper
    A Touch Of Evil
    The Sentinel
    Turbo Lover - Victim Of Changes
    Diamonds And Rust (Accoustic)
    Breaking The Law
    Beyond The Realms Of Death
    Green Manalishi
    Painkiller

Encore:
    Hell Bent For Leather
    Living After Midnight
    United
    You've Got Another Thing Coming

To predicatbale and very boring, they play smae songs all the time, wheres, the ripper song era stuff and more painkiller material needed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller
    You guys still on about HIM!!!
    Yep sure am. Can't dis HIM. They have all the markings of early Sabbath. ][=][-][-][\/][ and CKY are the only two bands i'm listening to just now.

Painkiller stand up & shout is a magic song but i somehow canna see the fowk in the backer wantin' to get up & dance to stuff by dio/priest!!

Painkiller....you gotta remember this, the majority of people that go to a Judas Priest gig these days are in their 30's/early 40's and thats exactly the kinda set list that they wanna hear, there's nothing wrong with the 'Ripper' era stuff..(apart from the production) he's a damn good singer, but most people wanna hear the classics, that set list might be pretty predictable....but it's a damn good one.

H.I.M are a good band and 'Lovemetal' is a fantastic album, i disagree with Donnie tho, H.I.M were being played on MTV etc long before Bam Margera and CKY ever mentioned them, they have been huge in Europe for many years and 'Scuzz' & 'Kerrang' were playing 'Buried Alive By Love' since it was first released.

You want real metal Painkiller?...then you got it, for the last few months iv'e been having a slight temporary mid-life crisis and have been on a serious diet of old school metal, along with a good slice of some more contempary bands, these are some of the bands that have been burning up my system in the last few months.

1) Exodus - Pleasures Of The Flesh
    2) Kreator - Extreme Agressions
    3) Toxik - World Circus
    4) Accept - Best Of
    5) Scorpions - Animal Magnetisim
    6) Scorpions - Love At First Sting
    7) Scorpions - Blackout
    8) Overkill - Under The Influence
    9) All Bon Scott era AC/DC
    10) Kiss - Destroyer
    11) Kiss - Love Gun
    12) Kiss - Lick It Up
    13) Kiss - Asylum
    14) Sabbat - History Of A World To Come
    15) Heathen - Breaking The Silence
    16) Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
    17) Metallica - Master Of Puppets...( still the greatest album ever recorded )
    18) Slayer - Reign In Blood
    19) Slayer - South Of Heaven
    20) Death - Leprosy
    21) Nuclear Assault - Survive
    22) Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
    23) All Anthrax Cd's
    24) Znowhite - Act Of God....( one of the best thrash cds ever )
    24) Testament - The New Order
    25) Testament - Practice What You Preach
    26) Metal Church - The Dark
    27) Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned....( old band...awesome new album )
    28) Death Angel - The Art Of Dying..( another old band..another awesome new cd )
    29) Strapping Young Lad - City...( as heavy as it gets )
    30) Forbidden - Forbidden Evil

Well thats some of the old stuff, here's some of the new stuff

1) Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache....( quite possibly the best album since 'Master Of Puppets'....seriously!!
    2) Primal Fear - Devils Ground.....( keeping it old school )
    3) Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire
    4) Soilwork - Figure Number Five
    5) Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
    6) Soilwork - A Predators Portrait
    7) Soilwork - Steelbath Suicide
    8) Stratovarius - All Cd's
    9) Nightwish - Century Child
    10) Nightwish - Wishmaster
    11) Fear Factory - Archetype.....( an awesome return to form )
    12) In Flames - Sound Track To Your Escape
    13) In Flames - Reroute To Remain
    14) Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing
    15) God Forbid - Gone Forever

You want metal??....i got metal

Giz

Painkiller Guest

Zappster your right most people have sad music tastes and and won't appreciate the awesomeness of DIO or priest! Imagine if you played the following as a set list:

Stand up and shout
    Holy Diver
    Straight through the heart
    Killing the dragon
    Fever dreams
    I
    The last in line
    Egypt
    Guilty
    Computerised god
    Eriel
    Feed my head
    Along comes a spider
    Don't talk to strangers
    Shame on the night

Encore
    Rainbow in the dark
    Heaven and hell
    Children of the sea
    Neon Nights

That would get me going!! DIO DIO DIO DIO he is the man! My bros got all the albums dvds etc. Shame DIO don't use this set list in his tours instead of the boring one he does now.
    What you think of it?

Painkiller Guest

Gizmo

Your right old folk at preist concerts hehehe well rob halford when he was in Halford played better sets than that! He played like jawbreaker, sad wings of destiney, painkiller, all guns blazing, leather rebel. The ripper is amazing, he's awsome on the glorious burden cd by Iced Earth.

HIM enough said on them.

WOW you been listening to well cool cds i see alot of my cds coming up there.

Heres what i've listeing to so that you get the feel what i'm into.

Old school metal

Metallica Justice for all
    Metallica Black
    Megadeth rust in Peice
    Anthrax among the living
    Testament Live at the filmore
    Machine head Burn my eyes
    Dio Holy diver
    Dio Dream Evil
    Black sabbath Dehuminiser
    Black sabbath Master of relality
    Judas Priest PAINKILLER
    Judas Priest Turbo
    Iron Maiden Fear of the dark
    Iron Maiden Poweslave
    Iron Maiden Seventh son
    Iron Maiden Somewhere in time

New Stuff

Iron Maiden X factor
    Iron Maiden Virtual xi
    Iron Maiden Brave new worl
    Iron Maiden Dance of Death
    Blaze Sillicon Messiah
    Blaze Tenth Dimension
    Blaze Blood and Belief
    Halford Ressurection
    Halfrod Crucilbe
    Halfrod Insurection
    CANS Beyond the Gates
    Hammerfall Crimson thunder
    Judas Priest Demolition
    Judas Priest Live in London
    Machine head Through the ashes of empires
    Fear Factory Archetype
    Exodus Tempo of the dammed
    Iced Earth Glorious burden
    Iced Earth Something wicked this ways comes.
    Soulfly Prophecy

There thats what i've had on over the past 3 months or so

Alot of powermetal in the newer stuff good thrash in the old stuff. Thats metal!!!

Mr Painkiller..you certainly seem to be getting into some purdy good stuff their pal.Its good to see young dudes appreciating the likes of Dio etc.Your'e well into Priest as well...what did you think of Tiptons solo album,Personaly i was very dissapointed in it,His cover of paint it black was pants(mind you its not as bad as Jim Martins(Faith No More ))It WAS rubbish!!

HEY GIZZMO yeev no got any oh yer Saxon or Manowar albums in the list why's at?
    p.s GIZZMO did you read that Derek Frigo died?

Aye i head aboot at Zappy, but ats wat happens wen ur a junkie, he was actually a pretty good guitarist aswell.
    Manowar?..yeah, had 'Fighting The World' on a few weeks ago....excellent cd........Saxon??.....no bloody way, no Saxon cds/lps or casettes around here, canna stand them

Oh and...No...aint got that 'Metal Duck' split Lp anymore but there is one on E-bay just now and i'm addicted to E-bay like Derek Frigo was to heroin, and although E-bay cant kill you i think the missus might if i dont stop buying cds from it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast