Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rubarb Jam

Default Rubarb Jam

Hi has anyone got a recipe for rubarb jam, a friend gave me quite a bit of it that she has grown in her own garden and I don't know what to do with it so any suggestions would be brilliant. Thank you chocolatechip xx

2 kg of rubarb to 1.5 kg o jam sugar simmer untill it sets when dropped in to a saucer of cold water - if ya want you can also add some ginger for a nice jam
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Admin/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Flying_Lion_Rampant.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip View Post
    Hi has anyone got a recipe for rubarb jam, a friend gave me quite a bit of it that she has grown in her own garden and I don't know what to do with it so any suggestions would be brilliant. Thank you chocolatechip xx
    A lady runs stall in wick on sat that makes all her own stuff, her rubarb jam is 5 star ....
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

I made rhubarb champagne. It's dead easy to do and is really tasty!

I used this yeast http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Youngs-Wine-Ma...item99ab59da2b - not bad for £1.19 and a 1kg bag of sugar!

Basically £2.50 and you have about 7 bottles of pink champagne!
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Rhubarb crumble is our favourite! Also make it with some chopped ginger.
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Bug View Post
    Rhubarb crumble is our favourite! Also make it with some chopped ginger.
    Mmmmm nom nom nom!

If you want an extra crispy crumble make the topping up and put it on a baking tray in a hot oven for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool then recrumble up and pop on top of your rhubarb - gives a chunkier crumble
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

To your Rhubarb Jam, add some wild mint, it is delicious and was a big hit in our guest house when we we offered Afternoon Cream Teas,