Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General/Genealogy

All the best to you Don an may you find what you are looking for. Donald.
    In every dustbin there's a Daffodil.-Eric Sykes.

Default Don Polson/Badereskie

To sandyr1

Thanks for comments on item 4 I sussed this what was happening , no problem and no offense taken I hope either way.

I,ll be travelling up tomorrow morning (15) and staying in the Smerral area for a couple of days, so I,m hoping for some good sight seeing.

Regards
    Don

Hope you find what you're looking for Mr. Polson and I also hope you have a really lovely trip North and that the sun shines for you !!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

i wish you luck don hope you get what you are looking for have a safe journey north

Good luck Mr P - I hope you find what you are looking for.

And thankyou Fred.

Understood.
    Last edited by John Little; 15-Jun-10 at 19:39.

If I were not laughing so hard I would be forced to the conclusion that you are a numpty after all. It's a bit like Laurel and Hardy.

It's like working with Tigger - you bounce all over the place like a rubber ball!

The note says more about you than me - but if you want me to put it back just let me know.

BTW - you could change it to something more pithy....
    Last edited by John Little; 16-Jun-10 at 09:40.

That is a very grave solution.

This thread has been removed to the appropriate section.

Please refrain from posting here unless you have specific information which would interest the Original Poster.

Smile Don Polson/Badereskie

hello again,
    returned from my trip yesterday evening, so first things first,as before thanks to all for good wishes and I now under stand a little more about the graves.To sandyr messages to John Polson and George at the hotel recieved with a surprised thanks.

I located my croft its about 1mile east of John Polsons croft on the other side of the road and a bit of a ruin.The last known occupants were James Cormack and his wife Bessie Polson,by date it was their home when I was there.I,ve seen a photo of them at the door of the croft c1960 inDonald Young,s book Lybster 1998,and have met up with Donald Cormack Bessie,s nephew
    Does anybody have information on Bessie after 1960???.

all I can say at this moment is I went up as a stranger and came back with more friends than I though possible.
    Well folks that all for now.

Best Wishes Don

Hi there,
    Thanks. Glad you found the Croft. I remember Bessie Polson, but left Caithness in 1963, so things in the past are getting blurred.
    Glad you met the 'boys'. Must have been in the Commercial...
    Tks again...sandy

I see they have moved these posts to the Genealogy section.....

Hello Don,
    I'll trade you a copy of pic of Bessie Polson and James Cormack for one of Bessie's sister Teenie. They were my cousins. Bessie died in the late 1960's.

Default htwood

Hi Helen,
    I,m slightly puzzled about the Bessie photo, what I,ve got is an attempt to copy a photo from Donald Youngs first book which is on standard paper not photo paper so quite poor quality,but that said you will get copies, I,ll
    PM to explain.

Now on to other matters,did you receive the 1945 photo and death certificate as after sending I received a message from this side that they could not transmit the information partly in computer speak and partly in clear I didn,t understand any of it.

when you were in the Badreiskie area did you visit John Polson and his family?

Bye for now keep smiling Don.

Equally, if anyone has any info on Ben Young and his wife Elizabeth (nee Cormack) I'd be interested.

Their son (John) is my great grandfather. He left Badereskie pre-WW1 and moved to Edinburgh but my grandfather and father returned to Caithness a lot through to the late 1960s

Benjamin Young of Badereskie died 2nd April 1919 aged 73.

Wife Elizabeth Cormack died 19th August 1920 aged 75.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12