Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Caithness Moths - Welsh Wave

Default Caithness Moths - Welsh Wave

The distribution of Welsh Wave in Caithness is not fully known, but it is probably very local. This is only the third record since 1975 and the first since 1996. This one was found in elevated broadleaved woodland but it is also said to inhabit moorland. The adult flies from June to August having over wintered as a pupa in plant debris.

Hi Pterodroma

Some great stuff on moths here, have you considered posting them with their descriptions to a single web link where we can access them all together for reference. I think you should also consider producing a booklet of Caithness Moths, not saying you'd have big sales but I'm sure it would be well received.

nirofo.

Hi Nirofo

Thanks for your comment - much appreciated.

I am working on a web site which will give, among other things, the current known status of all the moth species recorded in Caithness with a distribution map and an image taken in Caithness where I have one. Just trying to iron out a few wringles.

Pterodroma

Good luck with your website. I find these moth pics fascinating!