Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England / Draw

I could kiss that Goalie. I have a hangover today of epic proportions.

An English guy bet me that the US would'nt score against England. If they did he would buy me a "round of my choice", so I chose a pint of Jack Daniels and Coke. The barmaid would not serve that obviously, so I chose a single Jack Daniels and coke for every American player. Cheap night out for me.

Thanks Robert !! ..

I have absolutely no knowledge of the game so what does a draw actually mean for the team? Do they play again?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

To put the game in perspective England where the better side they held the ball better found their players more easily and created some good chances.
    For years Scotland have been a joke with their goal keepers, not any more Im afraid,Craig Gordon is a superb keeper.Whilst England have struggled with some horrific performances by calamity James, Scot Carson and now Robert Green.
    I expect England to kick on from this performance and dig deep. All credit to the USA for getting a point they must be delighted with that although it's probably not in the American physce to play a sport and no one win.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero View Post
    Qualifying is an irrelevent acheivement, it's the winning that matters and when you can't win in your opening match against a sub-par team like USA after all that bragging, what does that tell you? Maybe England will have been brought down from the pedestal they put themselves on a bit now.
    The US are not sub par matey, they were the first team to beat Spain for about 2 years in the confederations cup & were 2-0 up on Brazil in the final- most o their team play in the EPL & Landon Donovan is a star.

Dont dis respect the US, they will do well in this tournament
    Cmey e Scorries

Steven Gerrard says that the whole team are behind Rob Green.

After last night eleven men on the goal line sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    I believe it's against Armadale and you're selling the souvenir mugs emblazoned with the Gaelic translation of Schadenfreude.
    Gaelic?

We also sell mugs with slogan "I don't care who wins World Cup as long as it is not England"
    or
    "I Support two teams, Scotland and any team playing England"

p.m. for further info

Quote Originally Posted by picturegifts View Post
    And Scotland's next match in 2010 World Cup is against who?
    It's only banter.

Fabio called me today, as he had heard Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen saying that they expected Green to be dropped for the next game, and asked what I thought. I told him to let Green stay in the team, but to make some adjustments. We agreed on the the following:-

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    west ham goal keeper wat can we say, if that was james him self there be no probs to save that goal green is still learnin but he does better learning than any scotland goalies at least he got a chance to play in the world cup ha ,ha ,ha
    Yeah, but my Dad's bigger than your Dad.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

west ham goal keeper wat can we say, if that was james him self there be no probs to save that goal green is still learnin but he does better learning than any scotland goalies at least he got a chance to play in the world cup ha ,ha ,ha
    At least we can compose a proper sentence.

Still cant work out who's the bigger arse, Green or Sharona! I think most people would feel pity for Green, but only scorn for Sharona.

Scotland on Sunday newspaper summed it up quite well today. It said

SCOTLAND WINS

ENGLAND DRAW

Of course its referring to Scotland's 24-16 drubbing of Argentina at rugby. The first match Argentina have lost at that stadium since 1973! Hadly a mention in any other press coverage. Great news for Scotland rugby fans and - WELL DONE BOYS!

England's draw is a draw. I was wondering how long it would take the commentators to make a comparison to the 1966 World Cup and it happened in the first half! IMO This is what makes England so sad. The commentator said that England started the 1966 competition with a measly draw, so a draw didn't matter! Its a draw against a nation not renowned for football. Or "soccer" as they call it - actually more players there call it "futbol" as the majority are Hispanic. Need to do better.

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Weve got 3 goalies better than anything England have right now, Gordon £9 million, MacGregor & Alexander of Rangers are pretty good.

James nickname is calamity says it all. Ive already said if England had a decent goalie they couldve got to the final , they wont tho
    Cmey e Scorries

Loving the banter on this thread.....good crack

At least we can be proud of were latest award........Scotlands been voted the healthiest nation......cause we havnt caught world cup fever

Now, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe England won the World Cup....once and it was 44 years ago. Now I know Scotland didn't qualify, for this one, but no worries cos' there is BRAZIL to look forward to in 2014!!!!!! Rock on Scotland it's all in front of you......
    Look to the future and not to the past.......Who says Ally's Ally's Tartan Army is dead........

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Weve got 3 goalies better than anything England have right now, Gordon £9 million, MacGregor & Alexander of Rangers are pretty good.

James nickname is calamity says it all. Ive already said if England had a decent goalie they couldve got to the final , they wont tho
    Now come on Amy you can't say MacGregor is a Scotland player, he is a disgrace to the Scottish national side with his childish antics and all night benders on the eve of international games......give me Robert Green anyday who showed more professionalism with his interview after his blunder than MacGregor could ever muster

The problem is they don't use the talent that's available,..........or is it??????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0OYBFY7Xz0

Quote Originally Posted by adi1 View Post
    Now come on Amy you can't say MacGregor is a Scotland player, he is a disgrace to the Scottish national side with his childish antics and all night benders on the eve of international games......give me Robert Green anyday who showed more professionalism with his interview after his blunder than MacGregor could ever muster
    Yes I can as he is a Scotland player, Aye he had a drink & went over the score but there were 6 players who were involved not just him & fergie- they were singled out & grassed on by Pressley(not the most popular person in Scotland) Brown was eating lego ???!!!

Hes done his time, let him get on with it. Gordon is often injured Greegs is next best goalie- use him or lose games . Marshall is a diddy
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by adi1 View Post
    He might have been on an all night bender the night before the game, but im sure that even absolutely legless, blazing, blootered, hammered, totally trashed, wasted, oot o his tree, drunk as a skunk, he would still have saved that shot!!!!!!!!!!

If Green showed as much professionalism on the pitch and actually did his job and kept the ball oot o the net, im pretty sure he'd be in a better place today...........

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Now I know Scotland didn't qualify, for this one, but no worries cos' there is BRAZIL to look forward to in 2014!!!!!! Rock on Scotland it's all in front of you......
    Look to the future and not to the past.......Who says Ally's Ally's Tartan Army is dead........
    Too true. I see Irn Bru have got Scotland sorted for the 2034 World Cup.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast