Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: local musicians from the 60's

star glazer Guest

Question local musicians from the 60's

Does anybody know when the reunion of local musicians from the 60's is happening at the weigh inn? Is it sometime in September?

star glazer i believe it will be on sat the 9th of september, will i see you there? will be good to see all these musicians that have entertained us over the years.....

are they playing a concert, or just meeting up?

Gleber2 do u know if billy's cumin up for it... David ( johns brother ) said he was going to see him...
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo_tearz
    star glazer i believe it will be on sat the 9th of september, will i see you there? will be good to see all these musicians that have entertained us over the years.....
    I can think of several prominant 60s musicians that havn't been included & some of them are real time big musicians these days

really? maybe they were asked but could not find the time to do it?

really? maybe they were asked but could not find the time to do it?
    no they wern't asked. They sounded mightily surprised when I mentioned it to them. In fact they didn't have a clue

hmm... lol maybe they are just difficult to get along with if thats the reason then the night will be better without them.

star glazer Guest

You can count me in, I will certainly be there. Can't wait.

hmm... lol maybe they are just difficult to get along with if thats the reason then the night will be better without them.
    assuming you know who "they" are

star glazer Guest

Exactly lol. No room at the "weigh" inn for any for any trouble makers. I am quite sure that all the prominent musicians will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by star glazer
    Exactly lol. No room at the "weigh" inn for any for any trouble makers. I am quite sure that all the prominent musicians will be there.
    the most prominent of them all won't. Mind you it's classic caithness mentality & before you fire your guns I'm caithnessian

star glazer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    the most prominent of them all won't.
    Who is not going then?

star glazer Guest

I can think of a few names, who if don't go to this event, would make it hardly worth going too.

Talking

yup should be a good night i will certainly be there. not sure who all is going to make it but from what i have heard it will a good night full of caithness' finest

star glazer Guest

Brilliant!! It should be a feast..

Quote Originally Posted by star glazer
    Who is not going then?
    Graham Walker--regular drummer for Gary Moore for a fair while, among many other well known names

Robbie Manson--hasn't been on the road for a while but was last heard of working with the late great Desmond Decker

Stephan Kossemba--plays in a blues band called Blues Review (last heard of anyway)

Dick Levins--plays with his sons called Levins, Levins & Levins

& that's just four of a fair number, also that said four have to be among the absolute best to come out of caithness

I wonder if Andy Munro has been invited

so SG that's who's not coming

oh well god knows, not really sure who is organising it. i supose its important to remember that the event is not a competition so it would be good to have those names there on the night but lets not take anything away from the musicians that WILL be there.

oh well god knows, not really sure who is organising it. i supose its important to remember that the event is not a competition so it would be good to have those names there on the night but lets not take anything away from the musicians that WILL be there.
    Maybe it should be a competition, like a battle of the bands. Now that would be worth going too..All the old timers giving their all. lol
    Asinus asinum fricat

i think you are on to something there Doc ...."strats at dawn"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast