Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking for lost cousins. Campbell and Downie

Question Looking for lost cousins. Campbell and Downie

Hi, I'm looking for any cousins that I may have . My Grandad was John George Campbell dob 1893 from caithness and he used to live in Murkle before he died, he was buried in Halkirk. He had brothers and sisters called
    Ellen Campbell dob 1885
    James Campbell dob 1889
    Donald Campbell dob 1894
    Jessica Campbell 1896
    Margaret Campbell 1898.
    My gran was called Isabella Bain Downie dob 1898 and her brother and sisters were called
    Margaret Downie dob 1895
    Janet Downie 1896
    William Downie 1897
    Elixabeth Downie 1899
    I would be delighted to hear from anyone who is related to me.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    yvonne
    Last edited by yvonne 1; 19-Jun-06 at 10:07.

Thumbs up Hi from the Sinclair's

Hi Yvonne
    I am a grandson of James Campbell a brother to your grandad John. My mother is Annie Campbell better known as Nan, she is the youngest daughter of James who had 11 children. My mother married William Sinclair and my name is also William Sinclair but I am known as Billy.

I remember your grandad he used to come into the town of Thurso perhaps twice a month and he would pop into see my mother. He had poor eyesight and carried a white stick and he always had a packet of oddfellows sweets in his pocket and he would give my brother and sisters one sweetie each; we thought it was great.

I always thought uncle John as we called him was very much like my grandad; a quiet hard working family man.

My mother and father I am glad to say are alive and well: my mother is 76 and my dad is 80. I am 56 and married to Andrea we have 3 children 2girls and a boy and we also have 4 grandchildren at the last count.

Default Looking for lost Cousins

Hi Buster,
    I have sent you a private message with my email I hope to hear from you soon.
    yvonne