Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?

Default Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?

Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?, or already left and taking a break? sick and tired of the constant pointless posting? Don't despair, no longer do you need to bang your head against the wall, no longer do you feel you have to come back to answer some complete and utter tripe that's been posted. No need to get involved with answering pathetic, nonsensical 'conspiracies' - you want to stay in the REAL world.

What is this panacea? - well, actually it's oh so simple, just don't bother to post replies to posts which YOU think are tripe, don't give 'em the oxygen to peddle their nonsense. OK, YOU know; because you have experience, YOU are well read, YOU know the correct interpretation, YOU know the truth. Don't get frustrated because some twit may have weird ideas and tries to ram them down your throat, or tries to flame.. just let em starve.

Now please, I implore you, do not think the example I give below is dealing with nonsense postings, or indeed any description I give above (heaven forbid!) but simply as an example, lets take the now-closed thread: 'More Middleastern woes'. I'm not mentioning Fred or Pegasus for any other reason than to show that those who were inflamed/infuriated/frustrated by that particular thread, did not post, which left just TWO orgers (dare I say it?) talking amongst themselves!

04-Jun-10, 23:22 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 00:26 Pegasus
    05-Jun-10, 07:20 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 17:08 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 18:00 Pegasus
    05-Jun-10, 18:36 Pegasus
    05-Jun-10, 18:52 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 18:54 Fred
    06-Jun-10, 00:42 Pegasus
    06-Jun-10, 01:19 Pegasus
    06-Jun-10, 05:44 Fred
    06-Jun-10, 09:21 Boozeburglar (Laughing)
    06-Jun-10, 11:07 Phil closing thread

Now, (sucking eggs time) if YOU feel you cannot sit and read the various postings without turning purple, then go to 'user control panel' scroll down to 'Settings & Options' to 'edit ignore list' type in the name of the poster who infuriates you and click ok.. Hey presto! you won't see their postings!; great!

So, you folks who've gone off to get some fresh air COME ON BACK! we're missing you. The Org really can be a nice place (honest) And don't EVER believe that posters think that lack of interaction denotes acceptance of thread; it don't!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Couldn't agree more, it would be great to see some of the 'old' Orgers back, with their worldly knowledge and also their wit.

Hey Bekisman some advice for you.

You can't herd cats.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post

You can't herd cats.
    Some big cats go around in Prides
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

You can't herd cats.

Oh come on Fred YOU offering ME advice!; I think the joke thread is further down?..
    PS. You don't have to be a sheep either
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

You can't herd cats.
    Oh dear Fred, you should be careful handing out advice about cats,
    they have a tendency to scratch and spit back when cornered.

You can't herd cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Oh come on Fred YOU offering ME advice!; I think the joke thread is further down?..
    PS. You don't have to be a sheep either
    Look all them green squares under where it says posts on my posts means there are plenty people share my views and those green squares under where it says posts on your posts means there are plenty of people share your views.

Difference is I'm not starting any campaigns to try and stop people reading your posts. I'm not starting any witch hunts. I'm quite prepared to let people read your bilge and make up their own minds.

All you do is spend ages looking through old posts of people you don't agree with and trying to find dirt to throw at them, you never have a logical argument.

Yes I am giving you advice, I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums and control freaks like you have always been there, take my advice and chill out.

Wow bekisman! Best bit of advertising blurb I have seen on the Org ever! Or is it a rally call? Certainly not a lament!

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?, or already left and taking a break? sick and tired of the constant pointless posting? Don't despair, no longer do you need to bang your head against the wall, no longer do you feel you have to come back to answer some complete and utter tripe that's been posted. No need to get involved with answering pathetic, nonsensical 'conspiracies' - you want to stay in the REAL world.

What is this panacea? - well, actually it's oh so simple, just don't bother to post replies to posts which YOU think are tripe, don't give 'em the oxygen to peddle their nonsense. OK, YOU know; because you have experience, YOU are well read, YOU know the correct interpretation, YOU know the truth. Don't get frustrated because some twit may have weird ideas and tries to ram them down your throat, or tries to flame.. just let em starve.

Now please, I implore you, do not think the example I give below is dealing with nonsense postings, or indeed any description I give above (heaven forbid!) but simply as an example, lets take the now-closed thread: 'More Middleastern woes'. I'm not mentioning Fred or Pegasus for any other reason than to show that those who were inflamed/infuriated/frustrated by that particular thread, did not post, which left just TWO orgers (dare I say it?) talking amongst themselves!

04-Jun-10, 23:22 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 00:26 Pegasus
    05-Jun-10, 07:20 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 17:08 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 18:00 Pegasus
    05-Jun-10, 18:36 Pegasus
    05-Jun-10, 18:52 Fred
    05-Jun-10, 18:54 Fred
    06-Jun-10, 00:42 Pegasus
    06-Jun-10, 01:19 Pegasus
    06-Jun-10, 05:44 Fred
    06-Jun-10, 09:21 Boozeburglar (Laughing)
    06-Jun-10, 11:07 Phil closing thread

Now, (sucking eggs time) if YOU feel you cannot sit and read the various postings without turning purple, then go to 'user control panel' scroll down to 'Settings & Options' to 'edit ignore list' type in the name of the poster who infuriates you and click ok.. Hey presto! you won't see their postings!; great!

So, you folks who've gone off to get some fresh air COME ON BACK! we're missing you. The Org really can be a nice place (honest) And don't EVER believe that posters think that lack of interaction denotes acceptance of thread; it don't!

ignoring these threads stifles debate, it's certain orgers (sometimes, me included) who should learn when to shut up and read (ie online version of listening) to the other point of view and then maybe agree to disagree.

the problem occurs when 2 or 3 orgers delve into an online argument that might otherwise be sorted out in the real world with either a shake of the hand or a punch in the face.

I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums
    When did you get a run in 'e tardis?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Absolutely brilliant northener.

You're wrong fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Absolutely brilliant northener.

You're wrong fred.
    Well now you try it sometime and you'll see that that isn't reality.

But it's on the internet, fred. It must be true.

Mustn't it?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    But it's on the internet, fred. It must be true.

Mustn't it?
    It's you saying it not me.

I don't say even half the things people say I say.

It's you saying it not me.

Half the things you say are lies. The other half you just make up.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

It's another of those conspiracy theory thingies!

I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums
    Mr Berners-Lee, we salute you.

Well now you try it sometime and you'll see that that isn't reality.
    I think this reply above should also refer to part of your reply below:

"Yes I am giving you advice, I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums"

How can you post on a forum that wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Half the things you say are lies. The other half you just make up.
    So how come nobody can refute them?

Let's face it, if there were a million and a half Israelis crammed into a piece of land 20 miles by five miles being slowly starved to death by Palestinians you would all be singing a different tune but my tune would be the same.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast