Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Viking Motors

Aye dave lol, a bitty nouse goes a long long way hehe.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeend View Post
    This is one of the main bits of equipment that a Garage needs if there staff are to work on modern cars without it there is little they can do .
    Any garage worth there salt has an up to date system .
    Now, let me guess.

You either run a garage or a chum of yours does and you're trying to do down the opposition with crude attempts to undermine their credibility.

Pathetic. The mark of a bitter and inept loser.

Good luck with the business, Viking. Not everyone up here is as narrow minded as this clown.

(mental note, must find out where Bridgends 'garage' is and avoid it.

This is one of the main bits of equipment that a Garage needs if there staff are to work on modern cars without it there is little they can do .
    Depends on how you look at it mordern car electronics is prity reliable so i cant see there being a lot of computer related faults.
    Look at say kwik fit and halifords they dont have the expensive diagnostic equipment or any for that matter or do welding work for mot they sub contract the work out.They do mot,services,replace all the fast moving part and there busy garages.
    I think whether you have a diagnostic computer or not it wouldnt deter people from coming to them to get repairs done on there car its just all depends on the repair they need and most importanly price thats what matters and for all the times u do get a computer related fault most people would just accept the fact you have to go to the dealer to plug it into thre machine most people are aware on how high tech the electronics is and that the dealer is the only one with the software.
    One of the good thing about going to proper dealer is your getting dealer trained mechanics , genuine parts,fully equiped garage with all the latest tech and your also paying a very high labour rate and parts and ending up with a huge bill to pay for all these things when you just go to owner back street garage like viking and get repair probably half of what you would pay at a dealer and the quality of workmanship is just the same if not better and if you were to see the mark up on parts that a dealer puts on it would horrify you
    Last edited by EDDIE; 26-Aug-10 at 07:29.

Default viking motors

Good luck to them fair rate at £20.00 per hour. But thats what all new businesses do have a low start rate trouble is once they get a few customers te rate usually goes sky high and the quality drops dramatically .Hope they are different we need some fair businesses up here.

Dropped my bike off the other day in the van. Whilst having a chat with Paula, Michael reappeared from underneath my van ().
    After announcing that my propshaft bearings are worn but the chassis was sound and investing would be wise.... he had a look at the engine, checked my oil and water, topped both up as there was virtually none in it. I thought that many people would think he's just trying to get more business out of a guy who has no idea what a propshaft bearing does... well, went home, did some paperwork, came across my van MOT from February and the third page says "Advice: propshaft worn"...

mmmhhhhh, I SHOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION !!!!!!

Needless to say Michael is doing my propshaft bearings next week when I get the bike back before I forget what he said and break down with the van...
    After that he can fit my tow bar onto the car and do an MOT on the wife's 4x4. Don't think I will be going anywhere else ever again. Keeping in mind the van had an MOT in Feb and had only done a few miles round Caithness, so clearly there wasn't any attention being paid to oil and water at the time.

I have a petrol cement mixer that won't start...it's an engine, right ? I bet Michael would inspect that if I left it in the van... worth a try...LOL !!!!!

not much left to do on the bike stefan, just got to go get a chain and then test run you never know, leave it in the back of the van and mention it, he might be tempted to have a play lol

and haggar, when VAT goes up in january that's the only price rise we will have in the foreseeable future
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

I have a friend who has used this Garage never again poor service and we have been told he is NOT a time served engineer.
    Poor service and a dreadful Attitude if you question anything plenty of other Garages in Caithness locally owned with friendly staff willing to listen and SMTA registered.
    May I ask why you are badmouthing Viking Motors on here?

With a name like bridgeend could it be that you are badmouthing a new rival business? If so then shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    May I ask why you are badmouthing Viking Motors on here?

With a name like bridgeend could it be that you are badmouthing a new rival business? If so then shame on you!
    Look through bridgeend's other posts, it seems he doesn't have a good word to say about anybody.
    But then he's only on his 8th post?? so it can only get better.
    Last edited by bothyman; 28-Aug-10 at 18:06. Reason: ///
    All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bothyman View Post
    Look through bridgeend's other posts, it seems he doesn't have a good word to say about anybody.
    But then he's only on his 8th post?? so it can only get better.
    I wouldn't hold your breath or take any bets on that, Bothyman.

Just thought i would add some positive to viking motors , he helped me take a gearbox off my car and also came out another day by himself to put a new clutch on and fitted gear linkages etc, very helpful character.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123