Went to the cinema to see the new Robin Hood movie last week, and hubby and I both enjoyed it. I didn't set my expectations too high, as I'd heard it got mixed reviews. But I'd definitely recommend it, and I'm hoping it won't be long before they come out with the sequel. I was glad there wasn't a lot of gore in it, and the battle scene towards the end is especially good.

I'd read that Russell Crowe drew criticism from the British media for his variable accent during the film, so I paid very careful attention to that. But I didn't notice him slipping into a Scottish or Irish one, as he had been accused of. It was Little John's accent that sounded a little peculiar to me. Canadian actor Kevin Durand's version came across as a mixture of Scots, Irish and perhaps Geordie, to my ears!

Cate Blanchett was marvellous as Marion, and Mark Strong hit the mark as 'baddie', Sir Godfrey. I was also very impressed with Oscar Isaac as King John, and veteran actor Max von Sydow as Sir Walter Loxley. And I much preferred Russell Crowe's Robin to Kevin Costner's interpretation, I might add!