Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stephen HAWKING

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Sandyr1, I can't quite believe you asked this question before checking some of the facts out for yourself.

He is?? May everything, including the stars, be with him and you.
    must say i dont know what youre on about either

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    Thanks..I would say more than Topical....Required!

i dont know what stephen hawking has done. i know hes famous but thats mainlky due to his physical considtion i think. Black holes and big bang? they were other peoples ideas anyway. not that i believe either of em

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    i know hes famous but thats mainlky due to his physical considtion i think.
    Zen idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    Zen idiocy.
    whats that a kind of kung fu?

An art you master by mastering nothing.

Default Hawking

The ORG is not fooled by Stephen Hawking.

Delicious!!!!!
    Richard Sutherland

Exclamation

A giant attacked by minnows!
    Carl Sagan said much the same thing around quarter of a century ago!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Re read Sagan's Bio... Didn't say anything about fish...Minnows?

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    The ORG is not fooled by Stephen Hawking.

Delicious!!!!!
    A Q...Do you believe everything you read? Is there no room for thought? Or doth thou agree? It's the Sabbath!

Lightbulb

Re read Sagan's Bio... Didn't say anything about fish...Minnows?
    I'm referring to the idiots who are posting questioning Stephen Hawking's credentials!

Carl Sagan mooted the possibility of extra terrestials decades ago.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Default hawking

Sandy when it comes to credulousness I yield to nobody.

I believe the Maple Leafs will win the Stanley cup next year.

The heavenly bodies are aligned........on our side.

There now, I've said it!
    Richard Sutherland

Another whacky idea he put forward is that us humans must colinize space or face an end to the species. Also I have to laugh at this one ...... global warming would make earth as deadly as Venus.
    If you do the maths both are true. If it will happen or not is another matter but mathematically if we continue as we are that is what to expect.

How in the name of creation can any normal person do s-hawkings math? No such animal, an if fred persists with this one -I will have to question his judgement!
    In every dustbin there's a Daffodil.-Eric Sykes.

Numerous articles...but am not getting into an arguement/ just one cannot believe one person's theory without some support.
    I have a satisfactory answer thank you.........
    What would one consider adequate support? Accolades of his collegues and fellow scientists? Physically verifiable proof that the numbers are right? Personal verification?

What exactly do you mean by fake, because I for one, do not understand the question that yo seem to have had satisfactorily answered already?
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    How in the name of creation can any normal person do s-hawkings math? No such animal, an if fred persists with this one -I will have to question his judgement!
    The maths is quite simple. If something increases by a percentage of itself in a given time period then it is an exponential increase. Something which increases by 7% per year doubles every 10 years. Draw it on a graph and it's not long before the line approaches vertical.

I'm interested, what is increasing by 7% per year? Sorry if it has been answered but I can't find it.
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Quote Originally Posted by mrlennie View Post
    I'm interested, what is increasing by 7% per year? Sorry if it has been answered but I can't find it.
    That is just an example I picked because it results in a doubling each 10 years. 7% sounds a small amount but it's the grains of rice on the chess board principle at play. With time that small amount results in a huge difference.

Many things are increasing by a percentage each year our system depends on expansion to exist. Many things in this world are finite continuous expansion can not be sustained indefinitely.

If the population of the world were to continue increasing at it's present rate it would be double in under 60 years, quadruple in the next 60 years, 8 times in the next 60, 16 in the next. An annual increase of just over 1% results in 16 times as many people in just 240 years. Obviously the population of the world can not continue to rise at it's present rate.

i dont know what stephen hawking has done. i know hes famous but thats mainlky due to his physical considtion i think. Black holes and big bang? they were other peoples ideas anyway. not that i believe either of em
    Hmmm....

Stephen Hawkin didn't invent black hole theory - he is famous for questioning it and discovering paradoxes. He has revolutionised how black holes are thought about.
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

I see, this rings a bell. What do you think the solution is? It seems to me many scientists bring problems to the table but not so many solutions...
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Quote Originally Posted by mrlennie View Post
    It seems to me many scientists bring problems to the table but not so many solutions...
    What a bizarre thing to say. There are hundreds of thousands (arbitary number) of discoveries and solutions that have been found over the years. There are some concepts that are too complex for even the greatest of minds to unravel with today's limited knowledge. Why negate the achievements of the past - help create the achievements of the future.
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast