Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found Dog

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    Like that idea leanne. but my lurcher Harry is wondering if there could be a veteran class lol he is 11 now so is worried about losing face to some of the younger lurchers!

We would need to look into the legalities of something like that though not sure about insurance etc that would be required. does anyone on here know about requirements for organising a doggy event?

anne
    The Thurso Ornithological Society (hope I remember the name right) has a mini dog show as part of their annual show maybe they would know......?

Hi Teenybash,

No problems with not being able to attend, anything you would like to do to help will be more than appreciated, we will take minutes of meeting so what was discussed can be shown to those who cant be there but want to be involved.

regards

claire

Default Re. lost staffie x

A happy ending! The dog is re-homed. I recognised him when I saw his picture last night and was convinced he was the dog I had to give away last year; he was. I regretted giving him up immediately and was going to keep an eye on him but two months later the house was empty and that was it till yesterday. My circumstances have improved and he`s back with his family. For those people who wonder how people can abandon dogs; a small bit of detective work and it didn`t take Poirot to work out that the member of the public that "found" the dog was the same feckless slapper that I`d given it to last year.

If this is true I really do hope she is prosecuted for abandonment
    It may make others think twice if she gets a hefty fine.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

It is true and could be proved but she`s already moved "down the line" which I`m told means south so apart from providing a motive, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Default sad but true

Delighted to say that Buster is back with his mum, dad and brother and sister. Power of the org again his original owner spotted his photo on here and pm'd me last night we met up today and buster was indeed his dog. However when we tried to visit the person who phoned me up to say they had found a dog on the 2nd of June surprise surprise they are no longer at this address and have apparently moved away. Obviously they did not want to take the dog with them and dumping him on the council as a stray was the easy option As much details as i can put together will be passed to the SSPCA so that they can hopefully do what Unicorn suggests and serve an abandonment fine on this person i for one would be willing to go to court and testify if it meant these scumbags could be brought to justice.

Still a great result that Buster is back where he belongs
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Awww so glad Buster is back where he belongs, well done to all involved, and i hope the SSPCA do get said person that dumped him and prosecute accordingly. People like that deserve all they get.

Happy for buster that he is back where he belongs.....he is a beautiful looking dog and certainly very special......Happy days Buster.

sorry I missed your meeting, I would like to have attended but have only just read the thread.
    How about a prize bingo? I would do it for you free, all you would need is the prizes and I am sure plenty of people would donate these to you. you can make £800 at a prize bingo, and of course, as it is for animals, more people would attend!
    Good ;luck.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

happy for tha dog thats great news ,and bingo count me in
    Last edited by dbooth82; 27-Jun-10 at 17:00. Reason: mistake
    dont judge staffies...its the owners that should be judged

Oh my goodness, I was off my hols and missed all this
    Hope the slapper gets what is coming and I'm so delighted he has been reunited with his real family.

I'll do what I can to help DOWG as well, sorry I missed the meeting.
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Default awwww

ive been to tha kennels and is lovely and the dogs are well looked after ,well done mop top your a star ,hope to see you soon
    dont judge staffies...its the owners that should be judged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123