Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jewellery Study

Default Jewellery Study

Test image before a jewellery product shoot.

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Wow, crystal clear!

Here's one of the final images from the sess with a first stab edit. (Jewellery by Angus Mcbay)

love the first one but going to be extremely picky here about the 2nd one

if its for promotional use I think I, as a potential purchaser, would like to see the colour of it, especially the centre ball. The fish look scratched which would put me off purchasing it and also the reflections are off putting (were there 2 windows behind you?) I do like the background you've used

Looks like nice jewellery tho
    Last edited by dragonfly; 04-Jun-10 at 08:36.

I'm also going to be ultra-picky - you can't see the type of clasp used in either of them, which is important to me when I buy jewellery (hate bolt rings and S-hooks!)

I'm gonna be ultra picky too and suggest you use small aperture & long exposure to get all of the item in focus.

I dont know about clasps and things, not being a jewelery wearer....but as a photo i love the first one and the DOF in it. It really makes the picture interesting for me...then again maybe thats no use for selling (shrug)...id buy it..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chewyhairball View Post
    .then again maybe thats no use for selling (shrug)...id buy it..lol
    There you go Deemac, tell them they'e got one sale in writing!

Thanks for all the comments. Good to know your thoughts. (I never thought about the clasp details etc.)

These images are intended for use in a gallery exibition program so a more arty, vibe theme was the goal rather than a catalogue type accurate, product image. (hence the shallow DOF and lack of complete overall detail).

They were shot by placing the items in a light cube with Elenchrom studio flashes fitted with soft boxes both left and right. The camera was mounted on a tripod with remote shutter and flash triggers.