Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: More Middle Eastern woes

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Could you imagine the outcry, (and response) if Hamas supporters gathered in large numbers outside an Embassy and "supported" the killing of 9 Israelis
    Especially if they had a bunch of Fascists with them.

you know it bugs me that if the israelis had nothing to hide then why did they attack the flotilla at night and why did they ban all electrobic transmissions? both actions are premeditaded

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    you know it bugs me that if the israelis had nothing to hide then why did they attack the flotilla at night and why did they ban all electrobic transmissions? both actions are premeditaded
    Because by controlling everything the world say and heard of the events they effectively controlled reality. As I said earlier, the world's attention has now turned away from the attack, all the time it was headline news people were seeing the highly edited Israeli footage of the attack and hearing how the peace loving Israeli army had been attacked by nasty activists with lethal weapons. That is the version the vast majority of people, those who don't look any further, will remember as what happens now.

Another humanitarian aid ship, the MV Rachel Corrie has been illegaly hijacked by Israeli state terrorists while trying to get much needed humanitarian aid to the impoverished people of Gaza.

The captain, Eric Harcus, from Papa Westray in Orkney, earlier told the Press and Journal that the atmosphere on board was "very good". "We are prepared for boarding," he said. "I am just asking what is the reason they are boarding."

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/north/18...ted-by-israel/

So it seems to me that if the Israelis had taken this approach with the Mavi Marmara instead of storming it in the middle of the night firing stun grenades, tear gas and rubber bullets from boats before firing live ammunition from helicopters then at least nine people would be alive today not shot in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Another humanitarian aid ship, the MV Rachel Corrie has been illegaly hijacked by Israeli state terrorists while trying to get much needed humanitarian aid to the impoverished people of Gaza.

The captain, Eric Harcus, from Papa Westray in Orkney, earlier told the Press and Journal that the atmosphere on board was "very good". "We are prepared for boarding," he said. "I am just asking what is the reason they are boarding."

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/north/18...ted-by-israel/

So it seems to me that if the Israelis had taken this approach with the Mavi Marmara instead of storming it in the middle of the night firing stun grenades, tear gas and rubber bullets from boats before firing live ammunition from helicopters then at least nine people would be alive today not shot in the head.
    i welcome the fact that no one has been killed or injurde this time and i think that part of the reason for that, perhaps a large part, is the fact that our voices have been heard. not just on this forum but on thousands and thousand s of forums around the world. as i said before even William Hague has spoken out against the violent act of barbarism perpetrated against the Turkish ship and itys passengers. thats more than brown and miliband would ever have dared do

i hope to see all of the goods delivered to the Palestinians and not stolen.for the Palestianians are in dire need of support and help in the hell in which they try to exist

More good news in that the UN is calling for an end to the blockaed of the gaza strip in Palestine.

MV Rachel Corrie and the other 5 ships have done a wonderfiul job

i hope to see all of the goods delivered to the Palestinians and not stolen.for the Palestianians are in dire need of support and help in the hell in which they try to exist
    No, the entire point of trying to breach the blockade is that the Israelis will only allow certain items into Gaza, they will not be delivering any aid which is not on their list.

More good news in that the UN is calling for an end to the blockaed of the gaza strip in Palestine.

MV Rachel Corrie and the other 5 ships have done a wonderfiul job
    The UN has been calling for an end to the blockade for a long time now.

Israel considers itself a higher authority than the UN, they never take any notice of anything the UN calls for.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    The UN has been calling for an end to the blockade for a long time now.

Israel considers itself a higher authority than the UN, they never take any notice of anything the UN calls for.
    then israel with all its WMDs is a very great danger to the world. can no one see this?

from the BBC,

UN's Gaza aid operation 'to receive £19m from the UK'

Page last updated at 22:09 GMT, Saturday, 5 June 2010 23:09 UK

The protesters marched from Downing Street to the Israeli Embassy
    The UK government is expected to say it has approved £19m of aid money to be given to the UN operation in Gaza.

It is likely to be spent on medical equipment and basic food stuffs.

It follows heightened scrutiny of Israel's blockade of the Palestinian territory after an aid ship was stormed five days ago, leaving nine dead.
    Meanwhile, thousands protested in London and Edinburgh about the aid ship incident and Israeli soliders said they boarded another ship peacefully.
    Israel's military said they did not meet any resistance when they boarded the Irish-owned Rachel Corrie earlier.

BBC Gaza correspondent Jon Donnison said although the money had already been earmarked by the UK, the timing of the announcement that it has been "signed off" by the new coalition government, expected on Monday, was "significant".

Continue reading the main story
    We urgently need to see unfettered access to Gaza to meet the humanitarian needs of the people of Gaza
    William Hague Foreign Secretary Thousands join city Gaza protest
    Mr Hague has repeated his calls for an investigation into the storming of the Turkish aid ship.

Mr Hague said: "We continue to stress to the Israeli government the importance of an investigation that ensures accountability and commands the confidence of the international community, and includes international participation."

He added: "We urgently need to see unfettered access to Gaza to meet the humanitarian needs of the people of Gaza and to enable the reconstruction of homes, livelihoods and trade. That is why we continue to press the government of Israel to lift Gaza's closure.

"I am also discussing these issues urgently with our international partners."

then israel with all its WMDs is a very great danger to the world. can no one see this?
    Nobody wants to see it, we created a monster.

This isn't the first time Israel has been criticised for using live ammunition against unarmed protesters. Back in 1987 Palestinians rioted against harsh Israeli treatment and Israel shot large numbers of them. The UN passed a resolution condemning their actions almost unanimously, America abstained, Israel ignored the resolution and continued shooting.

It was only after they were criticised by America, their main source of revenue, they decided to change tactics and Israel declared a "broken bones" policy, instead of shooting Palestinians they would break their arms so they would be unable to throw rocks.

This was the result, highly disturbing scenes if it was a few rogue bad apples in the Israeli army doing it but the fact that this was official Israeli state policy, a response to criticism for shooting unarmed Palestinians, is just frightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0u3yljaMTg

i welcome the fact that no one has been killed or injurde this time and i think that part of the reason for that, perhaps a large part, is the fact that our voices have been heard. not just on this forum but on thousands and thousand s of forums around the world

This thread has, like others, been interesting in certain degrees. Such as the polarization of views and the robust stance of some, without any movement of opinion or real consideration or acceptance of opposing views.

I've noticed a use of words and language that, in my view, comes from a gutterpress propagandist type of approach to 'debate'.

I deliberately posted this thread with the knowledge it would likely provoke an emotive and deep seated response across the .org members, also that is why I've not gotten involved.

My opinion (purely on this incident). Well, this has changed and changed again as the stream of evidence has come to light.
    I'm still not sure where I fall but I would say that both parties are partially to blame, and I believe both parties have gone away and realised they both screwed up.

I am neither pro one or the other, if anything possibly slightly anti State of Israel but not anti Semitic.
    Equally I have my concerns on Palestine, Hamas and the antics from Gaza. But, again, I'm not Islamaphobic either.
    I can take a view over the bigger picture as neither party has a 'clean' record nor really the moral high ground. (and many other states and countries (including the UK) are not exactly blameless)
    As usual it is a melting pot of issues, factions, politics, historical bitterness amongst many other things.

I'm rambling now, like this thread so I'm closing it as I feel it has run its course.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314