Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: World Cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default World Cup

Who will you be supporting?

I don't know to go for
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

I can tell you who I am not supporting if you want!

Default h

we no we support who else but well lets say it,,,, england,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    we no we support who else but well lets say it,,,, eng-er-lund,,,,,
    Fixed your typo. No need for thanks.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Default i

There ,s always one england i think is how i put it ,,,

Englands chance of winning have been boosted by the fact that Drug Cheat Ferdinand is out of Tournament.

Drop Terry (does Ferdinand get his gear off Terry's dad?) and play Dawson in middle with King.

James
    Johnson Dawson King Cole

Lampard Gerrard Barry (if fit)

Choice of Lennon/SWP/Defoe
    Heskey or Crouch up front as target man to lay off for with Rooney
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

How bad are Greece today ??? Haha Samarass alright , he is honking today, but what a superb goal the 2nd was- bad greek defending but S Korea are doing well
    Cmey e Scorries

Greece don't deserve to be playing at this World Cup. No passion, no desire - they couldn't care less. Samaras walked off like he was trudging off from a training session. Not very goodalas.

Three games so far, three boring games with little in the way of entertainment. Don't believe the hype.

Default world cup

usa will beat england tonight, spain will win the world cup, the score tonight will be 2-1 to usa

Default world cup

Come on USA put it on them!!!!

How about todays football, Argentina blow S Korea away 4-1 & Raymond Domenecch `s France get horsed by Mexico 2-0.

The World cup is taking off at last
    Cmey e Scorries

Bound to improve after the first round of group games as all the teams now need to try to win.

Disappointed with Spain, just shows that it's too easy to defend against their tactics simply by packing the middle of the field. They really need an option down the wings, playing Torres alongside Villa might be the answer. They could use Navas to throw crosses in for Torres then. I hope so anyway.

Argentina have been good going forward but I still worry about their defensive qualities. And wearing that suit, Maradona looks like the father of the bride at a wedding. Doesn't look comfortable at all in it! I expect the tie will be off as soon as the photos are done.

Been impressed with Chile, knowing coach Bielsa's uber-fitness regime it's been no surprise they ran all over Honduras. Still missing a striker though, no wonder they only won 1-0.

Germany have impressed most, I think. Not surprisingly, they're one of the few teams who have extensive knowledge and experience of this new Jabulani ball. The Bundesliga have been using it since February. The Argentinian league (along with the French Ligue 1 - which kinda knocks my point sidey-ways a bit!) are the only others that have done this. No wonder the Germans have done so well so far.

I read that Ingerlund didn't even use it in their pre-World Cup warm up games. Seems awfully remiss of them.

Politely surprised by DPR Korea. Poor guy peeping his eyes out during the anthem (then playing an absolute blinder). Shows how much it means to them - saw an interview with Pak Do Ik, and a few of his '66 team mates and they all, to a man, still dedicate their successes in that tournament to their 'Glorious Leader'. Crazy brain-washed fools.

Enjoyed Mexico tonight too. Quick front men, sharp passing/movement and closing down, and the old master Blanco coming on to twist the knife into the cheating Frenchies. Karma coming home to roost, methinks.

Todays games were a lot better Germany can feel aggrieved after getting a lot of strange decisions against them during the defeat to Serbia. Klose was booked for persistent fouling then again for the same & Serbia scored almost immediately.

The USA were 2-0 down, looking dead & buried & came back to 2-2 with a tremendous game & were denied a winner after MO EDU`s goal was chopped off wrongly, but what a game

Tonight Algeria passed England off the park, Ive heard all day how England were going to walk it & destroy them well Bougherra is willing to let Rooney & Heskey out of his back pocket in the next 5 minutes- he was a standout tonight. England were dire & never looked like scoring
    Cmey e Scorries

Aye, Germany were stiffed by the ref, no doubts. Strange that full-on lunges in the second half weren't even punished with fouls, while Klose's innocuous 'crossing of paths' warranted a first yellow card. Crazy, crazy decision.

USA deserved a winner, but I believe, looking at the brief replay from over the ref's shoulder, that Edu might have pulled the shoulder of his marker before scoring. That it was right in the line of the ref's view makes it even more likely to be noticed, despite the unsighted WWE shenanigans going on elsewhere.

England tonight were just abysmal. No clue, no direction, no purpose. Seems there are issues within the camp appearing, Rooney doing an Ian Ferguson and slagging off his own fans. Backlash predicted.

Looking forward to the next few rounds of games, Brazil, Spain and Chile especially.