Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup

I finally heard it on 5 live last night An admittance that England are not going to win the the w.c 2010 & it was 2 hours before kick off , Hallelujah

USA were not bad at all, I thought Donovan had a very good game- would love to see him at the Harmsworth next season but......

Green hahaha
    Cmey e Scorries

Default h

come on they was crap donavon was good i think that was the only player how many american football player do u no before they played last night ?

I know who im gonna support. Ze Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    come on they was crap Donovan was good i think that was the only player how many American football player do u no before they played last night ?
    Maurice Edu, Damarcus Beasley, Eddie Pope, Stuart Holden, Clint Dempsey, Carlos Bocanegra, Tim Howard, Brad Freidel, Freddy Adu, Kasey Keller, Claudio Reyna.

Why couldn't England win the match if they are so good and USA so "crap". If England were good enough they would have won simples. But they weren't.
    Last edited by Invisible; 14-Jun-10 at 13:37.

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    come on they was crap donavon was good i think that was the only player how many american football player do u no before they played last night ?
    Mo Edu, Damarcus Beasley, Eddie Pope, Stuart Holden, Clint Dempsey, Carlos Bocanegra, Tim Howard, Brad Freidel, Freddy Adu, Casey Keller, Claudio Reyna. And Alexi Lala`s was one of their stars from the 90`s , If you read my posts , you will know I am a huge football fan- not just Rangers or WAFC , I am interested in all football.
    The football world doesnt just stop with yer EPL, La Liga is the best league in the world imo

Back to the world cup.... Well done to Germany, that was a great performance, made the socceroos look like kangaroos
    Cmey e Scorries

How about todays football, Argentina blow S Korea away 4-1 & Raymond Domenecch `s France get horsed by Mexico 2-0.

The World cup is taking off at last
    Cmey e Scorries

Bound to improve after the first round of group games as all the teams now need to try to win.

Disappointed with Spain, just shows that it's too easy to defend against their tactics simply by packing the middle of the field. They really need an option down the wings, playing Torres alongside Villa might be the answer. They could use Navas to throw crosses in for Torres then. I hope so anyway.

Argentina have been good going forward but I still worry about their defensive qualities. And wearing that suit, Maradona looks like the father of the bride at a wedding. Doesn't look comfortable at all in it! I expect the tie will be off as soon as the photos are done.

Been impressed with Chile, knowing coach Bielsa's uber-fitness regime it's been no surprise they ran all over Honduras. Still missing a striker though, no wonder they only won 1-0.

Germany have impressed most, I think. Not surprisingly, they're one of the few teams who have extensive knowledge and experience of this new Jabulani ball. The Bundesliga have been using it since February. The Argentinian league (along with the French Ligue 1 - which kinda knocks my point sidey-ways a bit!) are the only others that have done this. No wonder the Germans have done so well so far.

I read that Ingerlund didn't even use it in their pre-World Cup warm up games. Seems awfully remiss of them.

Politely surprised by DPR Korea. Poor guy peeping his eyes out during the anthem (then playing an absolute blinder). Shows how much it means to them - saw an interview with Pak Do Ik, and a few of his '66 team mates and they all, to a man, still dedicate their successes in that tournament to their 'Glorious Leader'. Crazy brain-washed fools.

Enjoyed Mexico tonight too. Quick front men, sharp passing/movement and closing down, and the old master Blanco coming on to twist the knife into the cheating Frenchies. Karma coming home to roost, methinks.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Todays games were a lot better Germany can feel aggrieved after getting a lot of strange decisions against them during the defeat to Serbia. Klose was booked for persistent fouling then again for the same & Serbia scored almost immediately.

The USA were 2-0 down, looking dead & buried & came back to 2-2 with a tremendous game & were denied a winner after MO EDU`s goal was chopped off wrongly, but what a game

Tonight Algeria passed England off the park, Ive heard all day how England were going to walk it & destroy them well Bougherra is willing to let Rooney & Heskey out of his back pocket in the next 5 minutes- he was a standout tonight. England were dire & never looked like scoring
    Cmey e Scorries

Aye, Germany were stiffed by the ref, no doubts. Strange that full-on lunges in the second half weren't even punished with fouls, while Klose's innocuous 'crossing of paths' warranted a first yellow card. Crazy, crazy decision.

USA deserved a winner, but I believe, looking at the brief replay from over the ref's shoulder, that Edu might have pulled the shoulder of his marker before scoring. That it was right in the line of the ref's view makes it even more likely to be noticed, despite the unsighted WWE shenanigans going on elsewhere.

England tonight were just abysmal. No clue, no direction, no purpose. Seems there are issues within the camp appearing, Rooney doing an Ian Ferguson and slagging off his own fans. Backlash predicted.

Looking forward to the next few rounds of games, Brazil, Spain and Chile especially.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Cracking game tonight between Cameroon & Denmark , the Danes won 2-1 but how Cameroon tried their hearts out and now they are the first country out of the competition .

I think its a shame as they may have been hopeless v Japan but tonight they were playing some excellent stuff & it was the best game Ive seen so far , a loss to the tournament imo.
    Cmey e Scorries

Default Football//Rugby.

Oxo are making a new cube, it will be wrapped in white with a red cross and will be called the laughing stock!!!!!,, Sorry.

I watched the Scotland rugby team make history tonight by winning a test series against Argentina 2-0. (Away) Well done Scotland.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Oxo are making a new cube, it will be wrapped in white with a red cross and will be called the laughing stock!!!!!,, Sorry.

I watched the Scotland rugby team make history tonight by winning a test series against Argentina 2-0. (Away) Well done Scotland.
    Whats the Scotland rugby team got to do with the world cup ????

Riggerboy, get the noose ready
    Cmey e Scorries

Default Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Whats the Scotland rugby team got to do with the world cup ????

Riggerboy, get the noose ready
    Nothing, but it was such a rare occation to see Scotland doing something well, it seemed a shame to let it pass without a mention.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Nothing, but it was such a rare occation to see Scotland doing something well, it seemed a shame to let it pass without a mention.

Does that not deserve a thread on its own???? After all this is totally nothing to do with rugby- it s a much more important sport`s world cup.

Egg chasing is a ruffians sport played gents , while football is a gent s sport played by spoilt brats, neds , murderers , thugs , druggies & the occasional wide boy . Still it gets me going
    Cmey e Scorries

Talking

Terry v Capello. It just gets better and better. Wednesday afternoons game should be very interesting, pity I'm working but looking forward to the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Does that not deserve a thread on its own???? After all this is totally nothing to do with rugby- it s a much more important sport`s world cup.

Egg chasing is a ruffians sport played gents , while football is a gent s sport played by spoilt brats, neds , murderers , thugs , druggies & the occasional wide boy . Still it gets me going
    Actually this thread just stated "World Cup" - didn't define whether it was football or indeed the upcoming Rugby World Cup. So milkins is half right.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Actually this thread just stated "World Cup" - didn't define whether it was football or indeed the upcoming Rugby World Cup. So milkins is half right.
    Aye, hes also half wrong or being a numpty. Is the rugby world cup on ???? No , well bog off an start a rugby thread & stop talkin mince on a football thread, especially when no one seems to care about it.

back to the football, a convincing win by Potugal today with a 7-0 humping of North Korea & Spain winning 2-0 over Honduras when it couldve been 12-0. Both good games with some superb football being played - keep it up guys
    Cmey e Scorries

France are oot As are South Africa. Im sure I heard sniggering at the back there by some ROI sympathiser`s but I wonder, France were dire but Trappatoni`s side couldnt beat them in 210 minutes of football- what makes them so sure they wouyldve done any better in the W.C ??

Should be an intreging match tonight between Samarass` Greece & Messi` Argentina or if you got BBC 3 Nigeria & S. Korea , Argentina to win 2-0 & Korea win 2-1
    Cmey e Scorries

Four good games today, I watched most of the USA match after England went 1-0 up- I couldnt see Slovenia getting anything from that match & was proved right , England deserved to win & by a higher margin of goals.

The USA however had many chances to win & just as I thought they maybe werentt goin to win up pops Landon Donovan to slot home the winner in the 92 minute to win the game & the group, they now take on Ghana in the last 16.

Germany were slick in the 1-0 win over Ghana, England can look out I think, I dont think Germany will have too much problems in the next match from what Ive seen

Poor old Serbia lost 2-1 & went out with Australia, all superb goals as well , Its what we`ve all been waiting for in the tournament
    Cmey e Scorries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12