Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Orgers leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I agree squidge. The Org can be very addictive! At times I have felt really hurt and upset -or just plain infuriated -by posts on the forum, but eventually I realised that I was taking it way too seriously.

Now I just take a longer or shorter break from posting if I feel I'm getting more stress than enjoyment from the Org. Recently I haven't found it the friendly, fun place it once was for me, but it's not compulsory to be posting or even reading posts all the time!

When folk decide to leave, their posts can be much missed, but hey! that's their choice. The Org is obviously not giving them what they want out of a forum. We need to keep it in perspective - it's not real life -nobody has died!

I totally agree with you here, recently this place has tried my patience quite a bit but when I'm getting wild I log out and come back when I've calmed down a good bit. I wouldn't give anyone the satisfaction of leaving at all.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    look guys this is a message board. People - even Fred and pegasus - are entitled to their views and others are just as entitled to argue with them, get infuriated, cross and finally roll our eyes at the parts of their posts that we think are the ravings of mad people. Im sure people do that with my posts too. You soon realise that you cant change some people's minds and that the arguments that you put forward are not going to do that. Arguing with people with fixed, somewhat odd opinions is going to (hopefully) educate others and ensure that those reading the thread dont get one sided conspiracy theories and fall into the trap of beleiving them.

When it all gets too much for me or too depressing or it annoys me i just stop posting for a while and then something catches my eye and back i come. Its a message board its not real life - it can suck you in and become a bit addictive but its still just a message board.
    Well yes, I just replied to someone on another thread asking me to believe that if Iran had attacked a ship carrying humanitarian aid in international waters killing aid workers the vast majority of this forum wouldn't have been screaming for us to nuke Tehran.

Does anyone here actually believe that if Iran had done what Israel did the response would have been the same?

Take a look back over this forum. Tell me who history has proven right and who history has proven wrong? You can believe Squidge's propaganda and continue to let hatred and discrimination cloud your judgements or you can listen to someone with a record for getting it right.
    Last edited by fred; 03-Jun-10 at 10:34.

What the hell has any of that got to do with this thread?

People here just aren't interested in listening to your blinkered hate-fuelled rantings. Keep it to your conspiracy sites and leave it off the .Org, fred.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Fred : Topic is Orgers leaving

If you stop going OT and try not to convert every thread to your topic of choice then maybe you wouldn't have gotten a mention where opinionated people are concerned.

Only IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Manson View Post
    Fred : Topic is Orgers leaving

If you stop going OT and try not to convert every thread to your topic of choice then maybe you wouldn't have gotten a mention where opinionated people are concerned.

Only IMHO
    So let me see, Squidge has the right to bring me into this thread telling everyone that I am a tin foil hat wearing nutter but I have no right to state my case. IYHO of course.

If you don't want me on these threads don't drag me into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    What the hell has any of that got to do with this thread?

People here just aren't interested in listening to your blinkered hate-fuelled rantings. Keep it to your conspiracy sites and leave it off the .Org, fred.
    May I remind you of my previous post to this thread.

This is a forum for discussing the issues which we see as important, stating our opinions of them and presenting our evidence to back them up.

The trouble arises when people start making personal attacks on the character of other users. When people start making unfounded allegations against other users. When people attack the person not the opinion.

There is no need, in civilised debate, to accuse one user of being someone else to try and discredit them, not if your argument has any merit. There is no need for name calling or character assassination, not if your argument has any merit. There is no need for personal insults, not if your argument has any merit.

If you consider someone else's opinions to be wrong then the only way to change those opinions is through communication, not through excommunication.
    I know you read it last time because you gave me bad rep for it.

Squidge decided to drag my name in, Squidge decided to slander me, that's when the trouble started.

What sort of a forum is this when one group is allowed to slander people while another group doesn't even have the right to defend themselves?

Well if yer gonna be in the threads freddo do keep to the topic or the reason you were dragged (kicking and screaming) into them! Keep yer sad opinions for the nasty twisted threads you concoct yourself! Aye yer entitled to them - I never said you weren't but do us all a favour - go stick another record on and play it to the folk who really want to listen! Oh no sorry you are of course hopin you can sook in some poor unfortunate who thinks you know what you are talking about, aren't you?

Maybe religion, politics, world affairs and wars should be on the "off limits" list same as football if fowk canna stop getting their knickers in a twist over it
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Well yes, I just replied to someone on another thread asking me to believe that if Iran had attacked a ship carrying humanitarian aid in international waters killing aid workers the vast majority of this forum wouldn't have been screaming for us to nuke Tehran.

Does anyone here actually believe that if Iran had done what Israel did the response would have been the same?

Take a look back over this forum. Tell me who history has proven right and who history has proven wrong? You can believe Squidge's propaganda and continue to let hatred and discrimination cloud your judgements or you can listen to someone with a record for getting it right.
    Squidge's propaganda?????????? Slander?????

I never siad you were a tin foil hat wearing nutter. I said your opinions were a bit odd but as i said you are entitled to your opinion fred... I dont agree with much of what you post but i do agree with much of what you say about israel and your point about Iran in my opinion is probably right. If Iran had done this the reaction in the world would have been different and stronger. However,Fred I am sure you know this - your opinions can legitimately be described as odd in some areas. Your views are polarised and fixed Fred, your posts take no criticism, your arguments accept no other viewpoint apart from your own. Your sense of humour in your posts can disappear completely and some of your posts descend into name calling and crying poor me - everyone is picking on me ( guaranteed to make everyone groan) You insist on muttering in the corner (posting) about a "clique" and I think you actually beleive that we all get together to plot your downfall.Your posts often belittle those that dont accept your fixed viewpoint and throw around accusations of unfair treatment and suggest that those who dont accept your polarised views are some how a bit less bright than they might be. To be honest I have largely given up engaging in an argument with you about anything because its a pointless excercise. You cant even agree to disagree iin a sensible manner.

Just for the record sweetheart I dont peddle hate or discrimination about you or anyone else. You have accused me of not liking you in the past and i made it clear then and i will do so now - I dont know you, probably have never met you and am not likely to do so, how can i then have a hatred for you? You however have made it clear and stated categorically in the past that you dont like me despite not having a clue about me.... hmmmmmmm.

Fred you are tolerated here for a few months at a time then we all get fed up of your whining posts. All your good points disappear and just your whining remains. You then get booted and banned for something and to be honest maybe someone else wouldnt get banned for the same thing but we all get so TIRED and BORED of your incessant bludgeoning that we are glad for the peace. We then forget about you and whoops back you come and we pat you on the head and it starts all over again.

Tiresome.

Hmmm did i say it was just a message board????
    Last edited by squidge; 03-Jun-10 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    Maybe religion, politics, world affairs and wars should be on the "off limits" list same as football if fowk canna stop getting their knickers in a twist over it
    It isn't the subjects which causes the trouble.

It's people who insist on making it personal who cause the trouble.

Squidge's propaganda?????????? Slander?????

I never siad you were a tin foil hat wearing nutter. I said your opinions were a bit odd but as i said you are entitled to your opinion fred...
    Hang on, I'm sure you said "even Fred and pegasus - are entitled to their views".

You are allowed to tell everyone that my views are worth less than other views yet I am not allowed to point out that history has repeatedly proven me right and others wrong. I am not allowed to point out that my views are repeatedly proven right because I don't have a decidedly anti Muslim bias when I form them.

Despite the warning fred, you're still hopelessly off-topic.

You'll no doubt get banned then whine about 'them' all being out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Despite the warning fred, you're still hopelessly off-topic.

You'll no doubt get banned then whine about 'them' all being out to get you.
    No, I'm very much on topic.

If people are really concerned about why orgers are leaving they will heed my words, I've got a good record for being right.

Oh Fred! D'you know, I agree with a fair bit of what you post.

But......everything isn't always about YOU!

Only record you've got is cracked and warped! Round and round and round it goes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    No, I'm very much on topic.

If people are really concerned about why orgers are leaving they will heed my words, I've got a good record for being right.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Oh Fred! D'you know, I agree with a fair bit of what you post.

But......everything isn't always about YOU!
    I didn't ask to be dragged into this thread by name, I didn't ask anyone to accuse me. I asked that we could leave personal attacks out and just discus the issues not the people.

Seems that there are a lot of kettles commenting on the dirty state of a few pots in this thread and a few people who indiscriminately hurl stones while living in glass houses.

Your name was mentioned long before i stepped in and it was in reference the that post that i said "even fred and pegasus". I heartily apologise if you misunderstood my post Fred. I have never at any point suggested that your views are worth less than others - I might not agree with you on stuff but you have a right to an opinion. (psst I was sticking up for you) I have edited my post to read "including Fred and Pegasus"

But see Fred this is what i mean??? You beat people over the head with one word which you completely misunderstand and you whine and whine and whine til everyone gets fed up. I am going to assume that you are simply doing this to get a rise out of me. Read back over the thread Fred then wind yer neck in, have a cup of tea and comeback when you have had a break. I'm off for lunch with the Bruce.
    Last edited by squidge; 03-Jun-10 at 12:28.

Your name was mentioned long before i stepped in and it was in reference the that post that i said "even fred and pegasus". I heartily apologise if you misunderstood my post Fred. I have never at any point suggested that your views are worth less than others - I might not agree with you on stuff but you have a right to an opinion. (psst I was sticking up for you)

But see Fred this is what i mean??? You beat people over the head with one word which you completely misunderstand and you whine and whine and whine til everyone gets fed up. I am going to assume that you are simply doing this to get a rise out of me. Read back over the thread Fred then wind yer neck in, have a cup of tea and comeback when you have had a break. I'm off for lunch with the Bruce.
    I made my case earlier in the thread, it was a case for non confrontation and for not making personal attacks on people.

You decided to drag me into the discussion by name, I didn't say anything about you, I never said anything about squidge, I didn't make it personal.

Then when I defend myself people start accusing me of being the aggressor.

Notice any parallels there?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast