Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kid playing guitar on tv.caithness

I understand what you mean but it would be nice if he was here to state his own position otherwise it looks a bit like a lot of other threads we end up with here.

The "I went through it at that age" argument, although possibly true is the same reason a lot of people live a life of abuse at the hands of another.

Anyway, I'm not trying to stifle the thread, music is a prime target for critisism, just pointing out that I can see things going west as some threads tend to.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon
    hey zebedy who you callin a bummer....your the one who is IN a band with joe, and from that paragraph id say you were being a bit hipocritical.

joes great but lyle has youth on his side.....joe will be getting old and rusty......i have seen the hairs on his chin i bet he has a bad back too lol

and people come on i meant no offense, some folks are a little up tight.

and like i keep saying....I WANNA SEE A BATTLE...all in good fun of course.

from ure previos post saying joe had cpmpition... In sum eyes maby.. But music shudnt be a compition but hte music board is here for opionion and i shared mine the way i wanted.
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

As Joe would say... Bummin!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie
    The "I went through it at that age" argument, although possibly true is the same reason a lot of people live a life of abuse at the hands of another..
    what???, I'm vaguely confused by this statement.................would you care to clarify Mr. Fernie

in particular "the life of abuse at the hands of another"

Cool

i was kidding about the age thing and the lyle thing, they are both great, but that still does not solve my problem.................BATTLE!!!!

yo chobbers whats worse my dude or that bodacious?

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

exactamundo takes a lot o' whuppin

don't ya think

bodacious is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bill & Ted

dude!!!!!

I think both were totally non triumphant dude!

Talking

i thought they were both "so totally" "bodacious" "dudes" and lets not forget the "dudettes" who probably agree with me and are saying "exactamundo" right now yeah its "indie rad" "dude".

that sentence alone assures that im not going to be allowed to show my face in public again.

dude.

9. Default

Lyles dad here.Lyle plays the guitar because he loves to.he thinks joe is a fantastic player as do i. The video that was posted was for a bit of fun and i suggested it,it wasnt meant to trigger a stupid macho who's best shredder,legatoist,jazziest,neo classicalist,finger tapping, finger picking,finger licking good guitarist.Lyle just wants to play guitar SATRIANI STYLE.

Well said Stewart!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart watt
    Lyles dad here.Lyle plays the guitar because he loves to.he thinks joe is a fantastic player as do i. The video that was posted was for a bit of fun and i suggested it,it wasnt meant to trigger a stupid macho who's best shredder,legatoist,jazziest,neo classicalist,finger tapping, finger picking,finger licking good guitarist.Lyle just wants to play guitar SATRIANI STYLE.
    Why? Satriani is lame

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    competition & battles in a musical sense IMHO are the anti christ of musical developement
    well put imho talent is one thing being creative and able to improvise is what makes a good player, theres a 15 year old lad in my home town who can rip out an note for note perfect version of little wing (srv version) but when it comes to jamming a 12 bar and improvising he is lost.

oh check this guy out if yous get a chance one great player mate of mine got a few lessons of him when he was at acm

http://www.tonemerchants.com/Guthrie...2005_Clips.htm

honestly rate this guy more than satch

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    no offence to all u bummers of the kid

But my boy is leaps and bounds ahead of him!... this is not a dig at Lyal Watt in anyway...

But Joe is a good few steps ahead of the boy... Lyal from wat i have seen has been inflenced by many but around the same style... Tierce plays in many different styles... play(s)(ed) for Windband playing sax... The boy used to play violin.. He is in a big band.. Lives for the jazz progression chord stuff now. He has his own stuff which bases around from anything from metal to dance funk..

figure that one out?
    yeah but the kid is like more than 3 years younger

Satriani RULES, had to be said

also, who cares whos better than who, it shouldnt matter,

like for instance

i know im better than all of you at everything, yup, my amazing good looks and amazing musical talents are the stuff of legends

lol

but seriously, whats it matter who's better than who, is that what we all strive for, to better the one next to us

(also, none of you are gonna better me, so you all might as wlel give up now)

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

Quote Originally Posted by Reev
    Satriani RULES, had to be said

also, who cares whos better than who, it shouldnt matter,

like for instance

i know im better than all of you at everything, yup, my amazing good looks and amazing musical talents are the stuff of legends

lol

but seriously, whats it matter who's better than who, is that what we all strive for, to better the one next to us

(also, none of you are gonna better me, so you all might as wlel give up now)

Reev, I am better than you at many things (such as shaving, being thin, controlling my perspiration and striking a tent) oh yeah i can play guitar better than you too lol. mind you theres only one God of the axe and his name is Bones.

so says you, but im not shocked one such as you would challange me

but i do agree with you about the legend that is Bones, a challange that far to many would be afraid to take on

Oh yeah reev, bones has finally decided to buy........ a guitar Tuner!! his hearing must be going or something!

a guitar tuner............hahahahaha

This thing still going on bout whos better..... both extremely talented lads but I have to agree with Zebedy, Joe is ahead by a fair gap i would say but im sure lyel will be at the level joe is at now when he is the age Joe is now. The video is pretty sweet but not as amazing as everyones making out.

thats what I'm sayin Studio66.... Glad someone see's were i'm cuming from...

As the thread says.. " - Amazing - "...
    The way i said how i think Joe is ahead of Lyall, was not in any way a stab at the young lad, but just an opinion in which a forum is made to be expressed!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast